The Marked and The Monsters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Marked and The Monsters

Post by Danry on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:29 pm

Laughing, Mia allowed his tendrils to wrap around her limbs, a wide cruel smile breaking out across her lips. "You're a fool, then. You can not fight for much longer, lest you lose the ability to retain your shape. I am not an idiot, Ian." She did not struggle, not did she try to escape though she knew she could. "You said I was on a leash, like a dog tethered to it's owner, well, guess what? This dog got a wiff of some heavy bullshit and now the leash is broken."

Her multicolored orbs stared hard at him, her smile unwavering. A wave of nausea rolled over her, her body tensing as pain followed close behind it. Mia's eyes clouded over as another vision swam before her. Same men. Different room. This time the dead doctor was there. They knew he was going to escape, though she doubted they knew how, or that it would result in death. As she came out of the vision, rage filled her from head to toe.

"I will not be manipulated!" She growled, yanking herself free, turning her glaring eyes to Ian. "How about that drink?"

Danry
Admin

View user profile http://domainofdemons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:30 pm

"I thought you'd never ask," he said, releasing his grip on her and pulling himself back into normal shape. It only took a few seconds, but even that was an eternity when compared to the optimal instantaneous changes to which he'd grown accustomed. It was time for another dose, which meant that it was time to consume. Not eat. Consume. Might as well call it what it really was. He turned and gazed at the mess they'd made and, after knocking over a lap that had managed to stay upright during the fight, nodded with satisfaction and gestured for the young lady to exit.

Ian leaped out of the hole they'd made back to the parking lot, chuckling quietly when he thought about the story that would undoubtedly be airing soon. With his sensitive hearing he could hear the sirens on their way to the scene. "Come on. Let's find a dive somewhere and make ourselves comfortable, talk business."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:30 pm

Mia was not obsessed with her appearance, by any means, but she could pull off the Lolita look like the style was made for her. She loved the tiny hats and the poofy skirts and tight corsets, the stockings and boots. So when she saw that her tiny top hat was crushed and there was a large gash in her corset she got understandably irate. Tearing the piece of fabric from her top, she was now only in a cloth bustier and her skirt, her badly bruised abdomen in plain sight; pulling the hat from her head she tossed it to the ground and walked out of the hotel, a deadly look in her eyes. Not only was she being used, but her clothes were torn and those two together were unacceptable.

"When they come looking, it'll be from the East side. It's a bit out of the way for them, but they don't know the extent of what I see and they'll expect it to be a surprise. I don't plan on sticking around, but I need a fucking drink. I know of a place.." Mia turned and began walking down the street toward an out of the way bar.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:32 pm

Monster though he may have been, but he still felt the same way about women that most other men felt about them. Ian was surprised by her sudden action, and wondered if she would actually want to parade into a bar so scantily clad, especially given the fact that she looked much younger than she really was. His mind raced a million miles per minute while he worked out the details of the very near future, then fell into step beside Mia.

"You don't really think it's a good idea to just waltz into a dive bar in your undies, right? I mean we're trying to keep a low profile, not invite the drunk masses to a bukake-fest. And killing them wouldn't exactly be the best of ideas since we're on the lamb and all. Maybe we should get you some clothes if you want this to go further than three blocks." There were enough stores along the way, giving them lots of opportunities to find her something more appropriate. Not that he minded the view, to be honest. He was already thinking his own dirty thoughts, though he kept them expertly hidden behind his slightly off-putting mask of a face.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:33 pm

The young girl halted in her steps and turned to face Ian, a slender eyebrow raising. Did he really think she'd walk into a public place looking like a common whore? And since when was he concerned with staying hidden? It nearly made her laugh. Already she could feel eyes upon her, and a thought crept into her mind, a smile spreading across her lips. "I will not walk into this bar looking as I do. I keep extra clothes in a back room," she paused as her grin widened. "Though I wouldn't worry about how I look, but how you look, walking with a girl who looks like I do, dressed as I do." He looked like a creepy older man walking with a young teen girl. Pedophile.

Mia continued walking to the bar, entering through a side door into what looked like a small apartment. She pointed at a door and motioned for him to clean himself up as she continued into another room. That apartment was a place owned by the facility and had clothes she could change into in case of a tough capture. While inside the room, Mia cleaned the blood from herself and pulled out slightly less attention grabbing clothes. Black leggings with tears covered in fishnets from the ankles to her upper thighs. Knee high lace up boots, and a right red and black lace tank top with a long sleeved fishnet shirt. Of course, she added her tiny top hat positioned slightly crooked on the top of her head. When she was finished, she walked back to the main room to wait for Ian. Time was something they had very little of, and they had a lot to discuss.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:33 pm

"Oh get your head out of the gutter," Ian replied sarcastically. Though he had seen the doubting look in Mia's eyes, he did not comment on it. It was one thing to make a spectacle of himself, but another to then hide out and lay low until the next confrontation. It was a distraction technique he'd learned long ago. Create chaos then disappear. It kept his opponents guessing what he would do next, or where he would appear.

Inside the establishment, Ian entered the room she had designated for him and shut the door. Immediately his hand went into his own torso, the gelatinous substance that was his body parting as the appendage moved forward. Grasping one of many vials in his stomach, Ian resealed the gap and uncorked the bottle. Imbibing the contents in one swift action similar to taking a shot of bourbon, Ian felt his body shutter slightly as the substance worked through his cells, bringing them together again.

After a brief moment to relax, Ian looked about the room and managed to find himself something to wear. A pair of dark cargo pants, a black long-sleeved button up and a white tank underneath. He left the top buttons undone. He pushed his hair back, leaving it spiky as it flowed behind him. A pair of blue converse he worked onto his feet. Once complete, he exited the room and saw Mia already waiting on him. He took her in for a moment: she was certainly hot. But no time for thoughts such as those.

"Alright Miss Thang. What's the plan now?"

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:34 pm

Mia turned to face Ian, cocking a slender eyebrow at him. Miss Thang? Seriously? She rolled her eyes, but did not respond immediately, there were things she needed to straighten out in her mind first. The men at the facility knew that he would escape, and that she was going to be sent after him. The two of them were thrown together, for what? Some type of experiment. It was one thing if she was finding Ian to bring him back to the facility, it was something completely different if they sent her out under the guise of doing them a favor only to find out she was being manipulated.

"They allowed you to escape," Mia said dryly, staring across the room at Ian. "They didn't know it would result in that much death, but you not find it odd, with all the security they have, that you were not apprehended before you left the building?" Walking to the door, Mia grabbed a black and red lace parasol and opened the door. "Let's get a drink."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:35 pm

Ian laughed. Out loud. Did she really take him for someone that stupid, or was she simply ignorant to the truth? "Of course they let me escape! You think they'd spend that much money on torturing me to near death to just let me waltz out like I'm going to a keg party... though it was fun watching the light drain out of Fraiser's eyes." The details played back through his consciousness, bits of information written in the blood that soaked in through the cells.

"Drinks sounds great. But I don't have any money so don't expect me to make a loud exit when the check comes." Ian watched Mia fuss with her outfit again, making sure her hat was perfectly placed before moving on. It struck him as odd that someone on the researcher's leash got to spend some time on her appearance. He made it a point to remark on that point later. "Alrighty then... you know this place so you lead the way."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:36 pm

"Don't be an idiot, I haven't told you the best part yet." Mia rolled her eyes and pushed on a panel in the wall. It clicked softly and slid open to reveal a small hallway. At the end of the hall was a door. Locked. Pulling a key from the chain around her neck, she unlocked it and it swung open revealing an office. Through the walls loud music could be heard, and once Ian was through the door she latched it shut. The facility knew about the apartment, but not about the passage to the bar. When one had the ability she did, a lot of favors could be arranged.

Proceeding out of the office Mia strolled down to the bar and took a seat in a corner booth. A few moments later the bartender walked up.

"Ms. M! It's been a while." He smiled. "What can I get you?"

"Jack and Coke for me, and whatever he wants." Mia waved her hand absently at Ian. "Thanks, Miles."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:37 pm

'Hasn't told me the best part? Now we're getting somewhere.'

Ian could not help but admire Mia's spunk. He checked out the office as quickly as possible without lingering, then followed her out into the bar to the booth in the corner. Of course she liked the corner booth. Why wouldn't she? Keeping his body well into normal dimensions, Ian took a seat and listened as Mia ordered her drink. "Hmm... let's see, i'll have... a long island iced tea." It wasn't a typically masculine drink, but the flavors reminded him of home.

"Nice to see that your apparent age doesn't cause you grief here. Either they don't care or they know something that most people don't know. Given the looks of the place, i'd say it's the latter. But you wouldn't risk them knowing everything... so you're just really handy i'm guessing." Ian's assumptions weren't necessarily an analysis, but more just to make conversation. Business was business, but it had been a long time since he had that much freedom, so he planned to have fun while he could.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:38 pm

"On my outings I'm left alone. I see things to help out Miles and he does me favors in return. Like building an access tunnel through the wall." Mia paused when their drinks were set in front of them. She grabbed Miles' pen and wrote a number and a name on the pad of paper he used to take orders and handed it back.

He nodded his thanks and walked off to leave them in peace. Moments later a waitress started yelling at Miles, and cussing him out. Mia smirked and shook her head, taking a sip of her drink. Then, turning her attention back to Ian, she raised an eyebrow.

"Now... Do you want to hear what broke the dogs leash, or do you want to continue to poke at my business dealings?"

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Cocking an eyebrow, Ian watched the exchange between Miles and the waitress with amused fascination. Whatever she had written had caused a disturbance, bringing a small smile to his lips. He then brought his attention back to their table and his drink to his lips. The flavor brought another smile. "Yes, please. Regale me with the tale of woe that awaits us."

It felt wonderful to break loose. To drink, to chat, and to see the outside world. Field tests were rare for most, and weren't even a thing for him. The researchers were far too smart than to let someone as unstable and unpredictable as him to run free, unless there was a specific reason.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

"It is not woe that awaits us. It is victory, vengeance, satisfaction. What awaits them is fear, pain, tragedy and death." Her voice turned dark, menacing, and her icy stare could freeze over hells flame. The grip her delicate fingers had on the glass tightened and it splintered, but did not break, in her hand. "They sent me after you knowing one of us would not return. By chance if both of us had survived a new experiment was put into place."

Mia hesitated there, her muscles tightening as she fought the urge, but the vision came anyway. Her eyes clouded over, turning white and her body slumped in the booth. Men in a room, they seemed panicked. Mia and Ian were lost on their radar. Invisible. Guards were being sent out into the city. Fully loaded. Full grade military gear. Riot gear. They were going all out.

The vision ended and she gasped. Blinking the images out of her head, she started laughing. It was the first time, in a long time that she had laughed.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:39 pm

Ian considered Mia's words carefully, pouring over the possibilities in his mind. Without realizing it, he began to speak to himself. Softly, of course, but his counterpart would be able to hear him if she were paying any attention at all, even if only a little. "Two go out. One comes back. An execution? No, they could do that any time. A game? Possibly, but risky. What if I kill their favorite piece? A test? Perhaps..." So many different scenarios.

When Mia fell into her spell, Ian looked at the girl with curiosity, even rising up from his seat and cocking his head to one side. A few sniffs, a snarl, and a chuckle later, Mia's laughter poured forth. "Well hello there puddin'. Welcome back to the real world! What'd you see? Something magical I hope."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:41 pm

After her laughter subsided, Mia straightened herself and finished her drink, gently setting the glass on the table. Clearing her throat she grinned. "They're getting the big dogs. We are lost on their radar and they are panicking." She scoffed and brushed the slight wrinkle from her corset, "we are safe here for now. But soon we have to leave; they will knock down every door in the city looking for us."

She turned and looked at the bartender who nodded and got two more drinks. "About the experiment.." Mia focused her attention back on Ian. "It wasn't an execution, and if you try to kill me I will annihilate you. This.." She indicated the two of them and the bar in one sweeping motion, "is a game. Throw two nons into enemy territory and see if they survive. Prosper. Or take over everything." She paused and her expression once again darkened. "I am only willing to go so far for those filthy sacks of flesh. To manipulate me to the extent of planning my death? I don't fucking think so. I die when I choose. Not them."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:41 pm

Ian stopped for a moment to imagine what their version of 'big dogs' was, and how difficult they would be to deal with. "Hmm... so their pulling out all the stops. But that brings more questions. If they wanted to see how we'd handle the open world, why send someone to bring us back or kill us?" Random thoughts flashed briefly through his mind, different scenarios and situations they might run into. Then, a more troubling thought entered his brain, something that did unnerve him somewhat.

"More to the point, what did they do to someone that would make them strong enough to kill us? You're pretty tough, and i'm... well... difficult to kill. What sort of fucked up monster did they brew up in that lab of theirs?" Ian waited for his drink to appear, then downed it quickly. The alcohol was already starting to set in, though he didn't quite realize it yet. Booze affected his cells in interesting ways. Instead of one drunk person, he was a conglomerate of trillions of buzzed organisms, each one now slightly sloppy with the introduction of intoxication.

"I wonder... how long will this continue before they just nuke the whole area and start over? Or do they think the world will take care of us for them?"

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:43 pm

"They think the world will destroy us if they found out about us. The goal is to see how long it takes, what finally takes us down, so they can make more of us and try again until they succeed." Mia played with her glass, swirling the ice around. "The reason they're sending dogs after us is because they can't find us. You don't send pawns out, free, without knowing all their movements. Military strategy." She tilted her head gazing at Ian with bored eyes.

"I know their every move. Only the highest classified know. Question is..." Mia finished her drink, raising a slender eyebrow. "Are you going to help me disembowel every last one of them? Or do I have to kill you first."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:44 pm

Ian's face darkened. He'd had enough of the threats. As far as he was concerned, she was no more capable of killing him than she could destroy a planet with her mind. Leveling his gaze on Mia, he decided it was finally time to set the record straight.

"Listen, top hat, I don't think you truly understand the gravity of your situation. All this talk about killing me and what have you learned? Not a fucking thing. Setting aside the fact that I could have killed you back at the hotel, and probably should have, let's take a moment to think about how much your ass is worth."

Ian took his drink in one huge gulp, more like dumping a glass of water down a sink. "Why do you think they never let me out? Hmm? I'm not some B-rank who gets his shit kicked in every test. They sent you out here to die. Get it? Maybe you could kill me, but next time you say it like it's certain you're going to find yourself with a much bigger problem."

"That said... if you want to bring war to their door, I'll go with you. But make no mistake... Fuck with me and I will make you beg for death."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum