Hill Crown Preparatory Academy

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hill Crown Preparatory Academy

Post by Danry on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:11 am

Terezi released Steiner once they were in the building, her gaze traveling over everything. The doors, the windows, the floor. It looked as if there hadn't been anyone in there for a long time and it made excitement rise in her chest. Maybe this was the real deal, maybe there was something paranormal going on in the building.

"Hmm? Oh. I usually just listen to music and train. Got a lot of free time when you don't have friends." She smiled half-heartedly, slowly walking down the hallway. "I also like to explore abandoned buildings and look for ghosts." She turned to face him, tilting her head to the side in curiosity. "How about you? Do you do anything aside from bump into unsuspecting strangers?"

Danry
Admin

View user profile http://domainofdemons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:11 am

To say it was dusty inside the building would be a gross understatement. Not only was the interior old, but it had not been visited in seemingly years. But if that was the case, why not simply tear the building down? Why not bulldoze it and make room for a new one? Perhaps the Dean simply enjoyed the outward appearance and wished to keep it for aesthetic purposes. Either way, it sent a shiver up Steiner's spine.

Occasionally he would reach out and touch a door handle or a locker, rubbing the dust and cobwebs between his fingers, almost as if he were studying it while listening to the conversation. "I've always like old buildings, too, but more for the architecture. You can learn a lot about someone, or a time period, just by looking at the buildings. I always thought it was interesting. Other than that... I like to travel, and listen to music. Most people I run into don't hang around though, so... this is new. And cool... heh..."

'Good job Steiner... way to be fucking awkward...'

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:12 am

"It's hard to bump into someone and not have a fight start, so that's underatandable." Terezi looked in each room they passed, trying doorknobs to see if she could get into one. Unfortunately most of them were locked. "I don't believe in trying to fight to a resolution. The weaker people just end up getting unnecessary injuries, and for what? To show off how strong you are? It's stupid. Not everyone is an Ordinary, there are Cripples out there who're afraid to go outside for fear of being killed and that's not the kind of world I want to live in. Not too long ago the Ordinarys were being killed for being who they were, and the Cripples ruled the world. If this is some revenge it's pretty fucked up."

Without realizing it, Terezi had gone on a tangent about her own beliefs. When she realized how stupid she must have sounded, she quickly shut up, her cheeks tinting a dark red. "A-anyway... where, uh, where do you come from?" Desperately trying to shift the conversation, she turned her gaze to the ground, her hair, thankfully, hiding the blush on her cheeks.

'So much for acting normal... had to be weird and opinionated...'

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:13 am

Listening to Terezi talk only caused him to Steiner to like her more. Not only was she a spectacular fighter, but she actually had a brain in her head worth its own weight. She posed a fair argument, and while he neither agreed or disagreed, he appreciated her honesty and candor. "I guess some people just have bigger beef than the others. A lot of Ordinaries had their lives completely destroyed by Cripples, lost families and friends in concentration camps or during the uprisings. But that's a problem with with new regimes... they can start out with really good intentions, but at the end of the day most of them turn out to be just as bad as the old one, or worse."

Steiner ran his fingertips across a set of old lockers, most of which had been dented and twisted but still standing, more or less. He watched Terezi while she tried to open the doors, thinking to himself that he could easily get them into any room they wanted, except for his reservation about pushing organic matter through a portal. "I think some Cripples deserve what they're getting now, but most don't. Revenge is a consuming thing though... it drives people to do things they would never, in conscience, do. Some Ordinaries just carry that level of emotion around as extra baggage."

Finally the pair came upon a door that was not locked, or even closed fully. The top hinge had been pulled away from the frame, causing the solid piece of wood to lean awkwardly against the floor. Steiner gripped the plank, pushed it up, and pull, slowly bringing it out of the doorway and giving them a view inside. A classroom, one that had been soundly devastated, sat still on the other side, dust having collected on the broken chairs and desks. The dry-erase board had come down, laying flat on the floor, its back moist and corners curling. The air was musty and stale, no doubt an odor coming from the many puddles of water that were stagnant in varies bowls and basins throughout the room.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:13 am

Stepping into the room, Terezi stepped carefully not knowing how stable the floor was. "But isn't it the same as racism? The younger generation shouldn't be punished for the ancestors sins. Cripple or Ordinary no one should have to suffer that much. To say someone deserves the Revenge and the killing..." She glanced over at him, a frown on her face, "isn't that like playing God? 'You made a mistake, therefore you deserve to be punished.' That is what's wrong with this world." She continued to wander around the room until she came to the windows, pushing one open to let some of the stagnant air out.

"Having your family ripped away from you for something you didn't do is stupid. Being ostracized because of the species you are is stupid. I won't let this world corrupt me. I will continue to push forward until violence is the last option." Terezi stared out the window, her gaze far away. She left her whole family so they didn't have to suffer the ridicule of being related to a Cripple. She left them because of what she was, because she wasn't normal. There was a lot of resentment towards those who jumped straight to violence, to show off their power. No way was she going to back down because of entitled twat.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:14 am

"Maybe it is. Vengeance and justice are often confused for each other. People do terrible things in the name of justice, just to serve their own interests. That's not justice. It's just violence. But you look at a few select Cripples that made it their life's mission to hunt down and imprison, experiment on, and kill Ordinaries simply because they didn't understand them." Carefully Steiner picked through the debris, searching for anything he could consider to be paranormal. "Those are the people that deserve whatever comes their way. This is a tough world without having to worry about getting lynched just for what you are."

Steiner turned, then, and faced Terezi, a look in his eyes that made him appear many years wiser than he really was. "I don't agree with anyone being mistreated because of their species. We used to call each other humans. Then we had countries and the names and skin tones changed. We weren't human anymore. We were white, black, brown, yellow... we were Asian, Canadian, French, and African. We were no longer people, but a conglomeration of words and skin colors. We might as well be back in time cause we're just repeating the same mistakes we've always made."

A board creeked under Steiner's boot, though he didn't seem to be paying much attention to it. "You know, the way you defend them, i'd swear you were a Cripple yourself." Steiner smiled slightly, though not in a snide, teasing way, but more like a thoughtful phrase, something one would say to take the conversation in a slightly different direction. "Not that there's anything wrong with that at all," he added, hoping he hadn't offended her somehow.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:15 am

Terezi felt her blood run cold, and it seemed that she lost the ability to breathe correctly. Had he figured it out? No, it was impossible. He couldn't possibly have known. Turning to face Steiner, leaning against the windowsill, she tilted her head to the side. "I met a Cripple in primary school. She was the only one in her family, and the only one in the school district. When others found out what she was I watched her get bullied, and halfway through the year she moved." Lying was best. She couldn't let him know the truth. "I wasn't a participant of the bullying, but I didn't stop it either. I can't imagine how it felt to be in her position, and since then I decided I won't let another person be treated the way she was. Cripple or not."

"I caught her crying once before she moved. She hid in the bathroom trying to take care of the cuts on her face. It wasn't just then, either. I've seen weaker Ordinarys get pushed around the same way, and I can't stay quiet." Pushing off the wall, she walked to the front of the call room towards the blackboard. "It might be fooliah, but I don't like seeing people be bullied for what they are. If you're a Cripple, or if you're an Ordinary. You're not person, and no person should feel less than someone else for that reason."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:15 am

Welcome ceremonies were just beginning to wrap up in the gymnasium, the last speaker delivering a rousing speech full of optimism and inspiration. The students were then instructed to find the dining hall and partake of a fully catered lunch in their honor. Inside the hall, the smell of fresh foods filled the air. From sweet to savory, the wonderful aromas enticed the youth and encouraged them to fill their bellies.

The faculty began to filter inside once the students had been ushered to the tables that had been designated theirs. The entire staff was required to attend the luncheon, as it would be used to introduce new faculty in a more casual setting. Ezra hated going, and as he stood there, his eyes darting back and forth between faces, he wished like hell that he could just go back to his classroom and prepare. Classes were scheduled to begin the next day and he still had some things to take care of.

"Ezra, come sit with us," called a feminine voice, catching Ezra's attention as he followed it to its origin, a tall woman with sandy brown hair and bright red lips. The French professor, a young woman who seemed to be enamored by his rogue-ish appearance and his exotic eyes, beckoned him to join her and a few other language professors. The need to keep up appearances provoked him to obliging the request, though Ella appeared to be disappointed when he did not sit next to her.

"You are just in time. We were just discussing the new class. There is a lot of promise there, oui?"

Steiner grimaced when his foot fell between a table and an overturned chair, causing water to splash up his leg. It was cold. Much colder than he thought it would be. "See that's the part that gets me. I get the whole pack leader mentality thing, but that's not right. They knew she couldn't defend herself but they went after her anyway. There's nothing to prove, going against a Cripple like that. It's just stupid."

More theories and thoughts were flooding through Steiner's mind, but for the time being he seemed convinced that Terezi was, indeed, an Ordinary, and therefor had nothing to hide. "I get picked on too, sometimes. My power isn't all that great in a fight, so I get ganged up on a lot, especially during the competitions. It's hard to walk that line without getting lumped into some idiotic category that doesn't really help anyone."

After a few minutes of probing around, Steiner could find nothing important or even interesting inside the blasted classroom. Little more than debris and a random assortment of books, mostly school books. He frowned his disappointment, having honestly been let down that they would find something worth breaking and entering charges that he expected to come up later in the year.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:16 am

She watched his foot sink into the floor, cringing as the stank water must have been cold, and smelly. "I get bullied, too, but I don't care. If it's because I'm taking it in someone else's place then it's fine." Terezi stretched her arms above head, yawning. She'd been up early to make sure all of her things had arrived and were exactly in the right place, but she knew when they found out what she was, and they would, that it wouldn't matter where anything was. With a laugh she pushed away from the blackboard, "Sorry for getting all weird there for a minute. Shit like that just irks me sometimes." She grinned at him.

"Looks like there's nothing of interest here, so we should probably go. It's about time for the 'we love our students' lunch, and if we don't show up that might be bad." Lacing get fingers behind her back, Terezi walked towards the door, but stopped short as a loud bang echoed down the empty hall. Her eyes went wide and she turned to look at her companion, "What the fuck was that?"

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:17 am

Steiner stopped dead in his tracks as a cold chill ran up his spine. Slowly he turned, forgetting completely that his entire foot had just been submerged in cold water, until he faced the same direction as Terezi. "I don't know," he replied quietly, not wanting to alert anyone to their presence. Were they followed in? Did another student or group of students find a different way to get inside? An anxious feeling settled in Steiner's stomach, flipping the contents of his belly several time before he could will himself to move.

Quietly he crept back toward the door, his one foot freezing though he made no mention of the discomfort. Steiner tip-toes to the doorway, trying to peer around the corner to see if anyone was in the hall, but he saw no one. "I think we should go," he said as he turned back to Terezi, the hair on the nape of his neck standing on end.

Just as he stepped into the hall, there was a loud crash from the same direction. To Steiner it sounded more like metal hitting the floor, like an overturned aluminum bin. It was enough to make him jump, and did a good job of motivating him to hurry the hell up. He turned toward the exit when third crash came echoing through the hall, this one much louder and, apparently, much closer.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:18 am

Frozen in place, she listened to the loud banging in the hallway unable to get herself to move. They had to leave. The sounds were getting closer, louder, logically she knew that she had to fo, but her body didn't seem to want to respond. Steiner calling back saying they needed to go snapped her out of her terrified trance, and she took off, bolting after him. The sounds got closer, the banging sounding like it was right behind her. By the time she reached the door, it sounded like whatever was throwing things was right on top of them.

Not caring much for making any noise, Terezi threw the full weight of her body against the door. The old wood buckled under the force of it and she stumbled out into the fresh air and light. Whipping around again, she looked back at the empty hallway, the banging fading as if there had never been anything at all. Glancing at Steiner, a nervous smile spread across her lips. "Heh... thats... that was a little scary."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:21 pm

Steiner couldn't contain himself. A little out of breath, his eyes still wide and hands still shaking, he began to laugh. Not just a chuckle, but a full-on belly laugh that roared and echoed into the air. It was a terrifying experience, but it got the blood pumping. When the laughter finally subsided, he stood up straight and took a deep breath. It'd been a very long time since he last laughed that hard. Turning to his partner in crime, a smile still tugging the corners of his mouth upward, Steiner smiled and gave the girl a bump with his hip.

"Alright, i'm hungry now and I think we learned enough about how creepy this place is. At least for now. Want to go get some food?"

Though they had just met, Steiner found his new friend to be very interesting. Terezi's name, to begin with, was quite uncommon and exotic. The way she handled herself without even using her powers... it made Steiner wonder what she was really capable of. Maybe her ability was too powerful to use, or so weak that she doesn't even bother. What if she had no power at all, making her Unordinary? No, that couldn't be. Steiner knew they were sometimes allowed to attend the same school as Ordinaries, but she had to know she'd get killed there. Why would her parents send her if she couldn't defend herself?

The truth was that it didn't really matter to Steiner what she was, for she had already proven herself to be more integrous than those who wielded the powers that separated them from normal humans.

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:21 am

Terezi joined him in his laughter, her's shaky and breathless. "God, yes. Let's get out of here." She cast a glanced back at the building, her nerves totally shot. There was something more than 'supernatural' or 'paranormal' about that building, and an eerie feeling had lodged itself deep in her gut. There was something terribly wrong with that building, and she wanted to know what it was. But not now. No, maybe when she was more established, and familiar with the schools history. Research was required before venturing back into that den of the creepy.

"So, uh, which direction is the cafe in? I think I lost my map in there, and I am so not going back for it." Again Terezi laughed, brushing strands of her hair out of her face. She had to admit that she liked Steiner's company. It was new to her, but it was fun. He didn't seem to think she was anything but Ordinary, and they got along well so far. Maybe if she had a friend that was Ordinary she wouldn't have to move. She could help him, and in turn, he could protect her, whether or not he knew that was what he was doing. She almost felt bad that she was using him in that way, but he would eventually realize what she was an abandon her just like everyone else, so she decided to take advantage of his help, and friendship while she could.

Although, when he finally did leave her, and join the bullies, it would hurt her. A friend was something she'd never really had before, and as silly as it was, Terezi was already attached to him. It was worth it. Having someone for just a while was better than having no one at all.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:13 am

"Uhm... That way I think." Steiner whirled around a few times before finally getting his bearings. The cafeteria was a separate building all its own, relatively small compared to the other ones like it, but still plenty large enough to hold two or three times the school's total population. Steiner guessed it also served another purpose, but didn't devote any time to applying that theory to reality.

Walking back through the grass seemed like such an ordinary thing to so many people, but to Steiner that walk was much different. It wasn't always easy to make friends, male or female, yet there he was on his very first day at the Academy, laughing and talking to a pretty girl who seemed to share his general outlook on the world and the things found in it.

Soon their feet found the harder surface of stone and tile and wood, eventually leading them into the cafeteria. It was much larger in appearance on the inside than it was on the out, for there were two levels. On the lower floor was a mess of tables and chairs and a line to get through the buffet style serving station, at which stood a few students on each side waiting to get their turn at lunch.

Above them, overlooking the student population, was the faculty seating. Like a giant square with a hole in the middle, it allowed the teachers and other staff to watch over their students from a relatively safe vantage point. They were served restaurant style, complete with meal choices prepared fresh upon order, wine, beer, and other adult beverages, though they were limited to one drink per meal, and were required to eat before the drink was served.

Steiner marveled at the thought put into the building's creation, then saddled up at the back of the line, dragging Terezi in tow by her wrist. He was led by his stomach, which rumbled and roared deeply, unhappy that he had waited so long to fill it. "Mmm... smells really good in here. What are you going to get?"

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:04 pm

Seeing that there were still students waiting in the line to get their lunch, Terezi breathed a sigh of relief. If they had entered and all had gotten food and sat down by the time those two had entered it could have gotten awkeard, but the two of them were able to slip in seemingly unnoticed.

"I have no idea." She grinned, eyeing all of the delicious food laid out. "Most of my old schools were just like normal public schools. The food, I'm pretty sure, was made out of plastic." Terezi had said that in a joking tone, but she wouldn't have doubted it if some of the schools she went to had really tried to feed her plastic. Administration had to accept the fact that she was a Cripple and attending their school. That didn't mean they had to like it. "What about you?" She nudged her new, and only friend, with her shoulder as the line began to move, a lopsided grin on her face.

It was weird to her to have a friend. Most of the time she'd been found out by halfway through the first day, due to her habit of bumping in to people, and her reluctance to use her 'power'.  Terezi would make it about halfway through a semester before transferring again, so knowing that she'd already beaten her record made her grin. Her eyes traveled over the large cafe area, and she locked eyes with one of the girls from their earlier scuffle. Grin slipping from her face, she merely raised an eyebrow, a silent challenge for the girl to start some shit. Almost sheepishly the girl averted her gaze, and Terezi smirked.

Even if it was only one Ordinary that backed down from her, it was a win. One backing down meant one less trying to beat the shit out of her. "I think I'm really going to like it here." She whispered.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:20 pm

"Eh, i'm not too picky." Steiner slowly made his way down the line, grabbing a few things that looked appetizing but not heaping up his plate like some of the other students. Always a slow eater, Steiner felt like he enjoyed and appreciated his food more than the faster eaters because he took the time to taste every flavor. That mentality also helped keep him from over-eating, a problem he'd seen in far too many people.

Once Terezi had finished gathering what she wanted, he led the girl to the only table that was still vacant, toward the middle of the room, a little off to the side. "I believe it. Sometimes they didn't even try to make it look good." Steiner chuckled slightly, but a sudden thought weaseled its way into his mind. His curiosity was clearly written across his face.

"Most of your other schools? You move around a lot?" If he had any real reason to be suspicious of Terezi, it was a little odd. Uncommon, but not necessarily rare. Once an Ordinary found a place at school, many of them stayed where they were, for the sake of friendship and familiarity.

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:07 pm

"My dad's job made us move around a lot." Without skipping a beat Terezi replied as she sat down. It was a story she had rehearsed and prepared in case the topic of her switching schools ever came up. Usually only Cripples or troublemakers moved around that much, and she didn't want to raise suspicion with anyone, regardless of circumstances.

Picking at her food, she looked across the table at her friend and tilted her head to the side. "I decided I was done moving, though, and picked this school. They stayed in America." She could see the curiosity written across her face and offered a smile then began to eat. It had crossed her mind, briefly, after their scuffle with the others to tell him that she wasn't what she had portrayed, but brushed it aside within a second. He seemed cool, but at the end of the day he was an Ordinary. Terezi would keep him in the dark as long as she could.

As she ate, her gaze drifted up toward the faculty seating. Every single one of them knew who she was. Eventually she would have to go see the doctor they had on staff and introduce herself personally and hand over some of her own medication. That could wait, however, at least until Steiner had left her company.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man on Mon May 01, 2017 5:50 pm

Made sense to Steiner. He saw no reason to prod deeper into her background. At least, not at that time. There would be times for poking around as they got to know each other. After all, she was his only friend, really. To scare her off on the first day would be a world record in the history of stupid decisions.

"I've never been to America. Ma and Da always said Americans were a messly lot, but there's a lot of interesting thing to see there. Old buildings and all." Steiner was very relaxed with his new friend. Though they didn't know each other for long, it was apparent to him that they would get along well throughout the school year.

"So what are ya good at? You like math or science? I'm horrible in math... numbers don't make sense to me, you know?"

Watching the small talk from a table on the other side of the cafeteria was Ezra, making no attempt to mask the fact that he was watching them, Terezi in particular. He stared straight at her, his one green eye almost shining like a piece of jade in the light. When she turned toward the faculty section, he stared right back at her, unblinking in his vigil. Forming a friendship was dangerous for a girl in her position. What would he think when he finds out she's not Ordinary? Would he leave her? Would he help her? Time would tell, but Terezi was on thin ice and Ezra knew it.

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Tue May 02, 2017 9:30 pm

As Terezi gazed up at the faculty, she caught only one staring down at her as hard as she was. The professor from before, the one from the hallway. He looked down at her, and she felt a sharp rage spike through her. Caught in his gaze, her eyes narrowed slightly, almost as if she were daring him. Terezi could feel him judging her, and it pissed her off. He was just like the rest of them.

Turning her eyes away, she looked back at Steiner and smiled. "I'm not too bad at math, but European history is my best subject. Or, it was in America." She shrugged, "Here I'm not so sure. And America isn't so bad. The cities are pretty stuffy and sometimes dirty, but the countryside is gorgeous."

Her gaze seem to cloud over as she thought of her home, a sick feeling rolling over her. Was she really going to last the whole year? This was her last shot. If she didn't make it, sure she'd get to stay home, but she would be home schooled and she didn't want that. So badly she wanted to be Ordinary. She wanted friends, and a normal highschool experience. Was it really so much to ask for? She didn't think so.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man on Wed May 03, 2017 7:11 pm

Ezra had never lost a staring contest. He wasn't about to begin there.

Noting the exchange of looks, Steiner coughed quietly. "He weirds me out, to be honest. I mean a lot of the staff here seems pretty normal but him... it's like Professor Snape or something." Trying anything he could to break the ice, Steiner turned toward his new friend, finally resorting to tossing a single pea toward her, bouncing it off her cheek and landing on her tray.

"Don't worry about him. I'm sure he's just a hard-ass. Once we get the year underway he'll find someone else to freak out. We'll just keep our heads down for a while and let everything blow over."

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon May 08, 2017 9:13 am

Terezi tore her gaze from the creepy professor and turned back to her friend, laughing. "Professor Snape, huh? But he never left Harry alone, oh the misery." She became over dramatic with the last statement, a wide smile on her face. If that man thought for one minute she was going to back down and cower in fear just because of what she was, he was sorely mistaken. She knew what he thought. It was dangerous for her to be there, to make friends. What would happen if Steiner ever found out she wasn't Ordinary? Terezi had already thought of all of that, but why couldn't she have friends? Why couldn't she pretend to be normal just for a while? What was so wrong with that?

"Wait, if he's Snape, that would make me Harry? And you're really smart so are you Hermione?" That made her laugh again.

With one last glance up at the teacher, she grabbed her chair and faced Steiner, completely turning her back to the man. Let him judge her. Let him look down on her, as she was sure the rest of them did. Let him think she was making a mistake, that she was incapable. Fuck him. She'd show him. She would show everyone. Terezi was not a Cripple to fuck with.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man on Mon May 08, 2017 11:32 am

Steiner laughed so hard that soda came out of his nose. He'd never thought of the roles being reversed in such a way, but it made complete sense. Of course he was not nearly as intelligent as she gave him credit for, but the sentiment was felt nevertheless.

"Oww! Ow! It burns!" Steiner's voice raised higher than those around them as he scrambled for napkins. Luckily it was only a light spritz of Coke, none of which found his way to Terezi's side of the table. When he managed to regain his composure, laughter having dictated nearly all of his immediate actions, he glanced back up at Ezra, who had diverted his attention away from their table while the rest of the staff had turned their way to find the cause of the disturbance. Why was he backwards compared to everyone else, he wondered.

"Okay, no more Harry Potter references at the table. New rule. It's done." Steiner grinned happily. It was nice to have a friend that could handle his normal self. Putting on a fake personality was exhausting and Steiner didn't really like to do it, so being able to be himself around Terezi was a breath of fresh air.

Once they finished their lunch, Steiner took his plate to the garbage can and threw away the random bits left over from lunch. "Hey, we should find our dorms now. Always good to know where you're going to be sleeping, right? Plus it'd be cool to know where we are in relation to each other's rooms, in case you ever wanted to hang out."

Steiner's face turned beet red as soon as he said it, having realized only after it came out how it sounded out loud.

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Wed May 10, 2017 8:38 am

Terezi barely noticed the meaning of his words, but saw his face heat up, and then it sank in and her own cheeks grew warm. "I've never hung out with anyone before, so I think that's a great idea." She tried to steer the conversation in an appropriate direction, as she threw away her own trash. "Have you, uh, met your roommate yet?"

It was a school policy for everyone to have a roommate unless the number of students was an odd number, or one was a Cripple. Luckily for Terezi the girls that year had been odd and as the newest girl, she had gotten her own room which was best for her. As the only unOrdinary if there was an even number of female students it wouldn't have been very hard to determine who the odd one out was. Not that it mattered. As much as she hoped for it, she probably wasn't going to last the full school year, and would end up back in America before winter holiday.

Pushing her hands in her pockets, she began the trek back to the dorms building already having memorized the room she would be staying in. Her key hung around her neck on a long silver chain, tucked into her shirt and hidden from view. "Oh," Terezi pulled her phone from her pocket and looked at her friend sheepishly. "Should we exchange numbers?" If he agreed it would be the first number in her phone that wasn't a family member or emergency services.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man on Thu May 11, 2017 2:19 pm

"Roommates? Oh, no. I don't think I have any. I got here kinda late and no one had their stuff in my dorm room already so..." In all honesty Steiner hadn't put much thought into having a roommate. He wasn't opposed to the idea, but neither was he excited to have one. There were pluses and minuses to both, but the idea of having his own space felt a little more appealing. In his house there wasn't a lot of silence, so knowing he had a place to sit and just zen out seemed the nicer of the two possibilities.

The walk to the dorms was a pleasant one, with light conversation to pass the time. When Terezi pulled out her phone, Steiner did the same. "Yeah, that'd be cool, especially considering we've made more enemies here than friends." The young man smiled and winked, ever the playful and precocious one. "I mean i'm not far down the other hall. Just around the corner, about halfway down. I'm in 213."

Once she was ready for it, Steiner recited his phone number, a bit of rose still filling his cheeks. He'd never had a girl ask for his number before, nor did he ever dream that a girl as pretty as Terezi was would want it. The day was full of surprises it seemed, and more of them were turning out to be the good kinds of surprise.

"What's your number?"

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Sun May 14, 2017 9:02 pm

Terezi gave her number in return and smiled, saving his and tucking her phone back into her pocket. "I don't have a roommate either. I looked at the roster before I settled in and it looks like it was my lucky year, odd number of girls." Shoving her hands in her pockets once again, she tilted her head slightly. "I actually like the no roommate thing. I have a little brother, Ian, at home and he usually would just burst into my room at random times. It was okay most of the time, but peace and quiet is just as good. Plus when I get up early to do my training it would be inconvenient to have someone else in there."

As they walked, she arrived at her dorm first, and brushed her hair over her shoulder. "You said yours was 213?" The plaque next to her door read 210 so they weren't too far apart. It seemed that the school didn't care much for separating the girls and the boys; odd numbers for the guys, even numbers for the girls. It worked out well that he was so close to her though, only a few doors down and on the opposite side of the hall. If anyone found out and tried to harrass her, she could always just go to his room and hide out. If he didn't mind associating with a Cripple, that is. If he minded... well, she would cross that bridge when she got to it.

No point in getting depressed about things that hadn't happened yet, right?

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum