Hill Crown Preparatory Academy

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hill Crown Preparatory Academy

Post by Machine Man on Mon May 15, 2017 6:15 pm

"Oh nice! It'll be good to know someone nearby. I wonder why they didn't segregate us out like my last school. We were in completely separate buildings there. We only saw girls during school time and in the public facilities. If we were caught in the girl's dorm, or vice versa, the headmaster would discipline us mercilessly." One time he had been caught sneaking into the girl's dorm, after hours no less. It wasn't his fault that his roommate had a girlfriend and wanted to see her. He didn't want to go, but he didn't have a choice.

"Maybe if you're not busy in a little bit we can get together again? Maybe go have some coffee at the Union?" The invitation seemed to feel more natural that time, for Steiner felt much more comfortable with Terezi than any other before her, with the exception of his family, perhaps. She seemed to share similar experiences with him, which brought a sense of security to Steiner's rougish heart.

"I should.. find out who my roommate is. If i even have one. You can come over if you want."

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Tue May 16, 2017 8:30 pm

Terezi smiled, and nodded. "I will come over in a bit, yeah? Give you time to meet your roommate if you've got one. I have a few things I want to put away before I get too tired to. You should probably change, anyway. You've still got that stale water on your pants from that creepy building." Her grin only widened, hoping they could have more adventures like that together.

The girl genuinely liked Steiner, and she prayed he never found out what she was. The truth was, Terezi had to go check in with the medical personnel before he took it upon himself to come find her. That would only draw unwanted attention to her, and trying to maintain her Ordinary image, it wouldn't have been good. For her, at least. She couldn't have anyone finding out before the school year even officially started.

"I'll shoot you a text before I come over, okay?"

Danry
Admin

View user profile http://domainofdemons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man on Thu May 18, 2017 2:46 pm

"Sounds good," Steiner replied, the grin on his face wide and excited. It was nice to have a real friend. So many others had pretended to be nice to his face while they stabbed him in the back. Terezi, however, was sincere and honest with him; he felt like he could trust her with pretty much everything. One step at a time, of course, but they were definitely operating on a solid foundation.

Pushing through his door, Steiner stepped into his dorm and took a look around. It was not a large room, in all honesty, but it was larger than public school dorms. There was two of almost everything, but nothing had been disturbed. Either he also had no roommate, or he just had not arrived yet.

It didn't take long to unpack his belongings, having chosen the bed on the far wall, furthest from the door. He didn't bring much with him, knowing that the school and the student union would provide anything he needed that he didn't bring. After unpacking, Steiner sat down on the bed and waited for Terezi's text, finding himself checking his phone often out of anticipation.

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Fri May 19, 2017 9:04 pm

Terezi watched Steiner leave before she entered her own room and grabbed a few things in a go bag. Heading down to the infirmary was easy, she had memorized the path to and from her room already in case of emergencies. Her stay there wasn't long, all she had to do was introduce herself and hand over medication from America that she had. Some of it was to help speed up her healing; it aided in the healing abilities of the Ordinary in charge of medical.

"You realize that you being here puts your life in danger," He said softly, kindly.

"I know. But I just want to live normally. I want to experience things like everyone else. If my life is truly in danger I will leave." Terezi had found that the medical Ordinarys were some of the kindest towards Cripples. With a wave, she headed out of the infirmary and headed back to her dorm room, when she felt a chill race down her spine.

Someone was watching her.

Instinct made her jerk to the side, and she whirled around just in time to see a desk fly past her, crashing in to the wall where she had just been walking. Behind her stood the two guys that Steiner had effectively put out earlier that day. "Guard dog isn't here to protect you." One hissed, stepping forward.

"I don't need anyone to protect me." Terezi cocked her head, raising an eyebrow. Her heart thumped in her chest, but there was no indication of her anxiousness. "It seems like you two just couldn't handle him and chose to pick on someone you thought was weaker. Its pathetic and sad, really."

"You won't think so in a minute, bitch."

Throwing her hair into a ponytail, Terezi shifted on her feet, and inconspicuously hit the call button on her latest added contact. She prayed Steiner picked up. "Bring it on, fatass. I can beat you with no issues."

And then they came at her.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man on Sat May 20, 2017 12:50 pm

"Professor Ezra, this institution has a responsibility to take care of its students and its faculty. I appreciate your concern, but I think you're worrying a little too much about this UnOrdinary." Sitting across from the dean, Ezra took a deep breath, exhaling slowly as he uncrossed his legs and leaned forward, putting most of his weight on his knees.

"I'm not worried about her. I'm worried about the other students." While the dean chuckled at the comment, Ezra's stone solid face proved that he was completely serious. "She's not a helpless human. She is strong, and resourceful. If the others keep pushing her, she's going to snap and i'm afraid she might actually kill someone."

The dean did not stop writing while they talked. Not even once. "My friend you worry too much. Deaths happen in places like these. It's a hazard to step foot on the grounds, much less work or attend this institution. If something happens, we will address it at that time. Until then, however, I want you to keep to procedure here. You may watch over her if it makes you feel better. Though I hear she's already made a friend. Broke into the old science building."

"Yes they did," Ezra said knowingly. "And made quite a mess. But they didn't go far in."

Steiner had been sitting in his dorm, impatiently waiting for Terezi's text. What came, however, startled him. The door to the room suddenly swung open. His roommate stood in the entry, holding a roller bag, backpack, and another carry-on sized piece of luggage. It seemed he would have a roommate after all.

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Sat May 20, 2017 6:07 pm

The two males came again and again at the Cripple girl, but all she did was dodge and weave around everything they tried to throw at her. Not once did she attempt to hurt either one of them, only disarm. And to do that she had to get close to them, which was harder than it seemed. It was time to change tactics.

Twisting around another desk that came flying at her, she ducked low and pushed hard with her feet, launching herself across the hallway, crashing her body into the nearest boy. The two of them tumbled across the floor, and Terezi took that opportunity to hit his 'chi' points. It would effectively numb his powers for a few hours, blocking the channels in his body that were required to access his Ordinary gift.

Whirling around, she shifted and ran straight at the other boy, needing to dodge fists as they came flying at her. Redirect again. Switching her fighting style to something more passive. Pivoting on her feet, she was able to get close to him, a hairs breath away.

"Boo."

Her hands moved quickly as she disabled this boy, too. Then with a final motion, she knocked his feet out from underneath him, placing her booted foot on his chest.

"Pick a fight with me and you will lose." Terezi hissed.

"What did you do to me?" The first boy cried, alarmed. "You... you turned me into a Cripple!"

"Don't be so dramatic." Terezi sighed, irritated. "I blocked your chi." When her statement was met with confused looks, she groaned. "I blocked your power for a few hours. It'll come back. Now maybe you'll leave me the fuck alone. If you don't..." She smirked, gazing down at them, her expression dark. "I might just make you a Cripple. Permanently."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:19 pm

"Enough!" A loud voice came echoing down the corridor. There stood Ezra at the mouth of the hallway, his hands in his pockets, a whisp of green heat visibly emanating from his body, though he was far enough away that the heat could not be felt by the students. He was walking toward them, his pace slow and deliberate, his heels echoing off the stone underfoot. Despite his position and serious nature, he dressed himself in a formal/casual apparel, with a black sports jacket, jeans, a t-shirt, and nice loafers.

The boys scrambled to their feet as best they could, dusting themselves off and looking rather cross about the whole ordeal. One of them was a freshman, but the rest had been there at least one complete school year. "You three, report to the office. Now." The weight of Ezra's voice beat their belligerent attitudes immediately.

"You," he said, his gaze cemented on Terezi's eyes. "Come with me." Unwilling to wait to see if she would comply, Ezra grabbed the girl by the arm, just above her elbow, and towed her along. The grip, nor the yank, were hard enough to hurt her, but strong enough to make apparent his intention. He was certainly not in a mood to joke or deal with defiant teenagers.

"You're making quite a name for yourself already, and classes haven't even started. You know this will only make things harder for you for the rest of the school year. Those boys are not done with you."

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:38 pm

Terezi frowned deeply, not struggling against him, or trying to pull away. Though, in her mind, he hadn't needed to pull her so hard. A simple 'follow me' would have sufficed.

"I didn't start it. They threw a desk at me. Was I supposed to just lie down and take it? They would have killed me." She didn't understand why he was so uptight about it. Why was it wrong for her to know how to defend herself? They had powers, she didn't, if she was just a weak little Cripple, she would have died years ago. "What is your problem with me, hm? It's because of what I am, isn't it?" Angry tears burned her eyes, but she gritted her teeth against it, finally pulling back against him.

"Watch me, corner me, punish me. Whatever. I'm not leaving and I'm not going to back down because Ordinarys like you think they're better than everyone else!" Terezi glared hatefully at him, more pain behind her eyes than she'd willingly admit out loud. "I'm going to stay friends with Steiner, I'm going to do my schoolwork, I'm going to fight, and there's nothing you can do about it. I don't start fights." She hissed. "I finish them."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:54 pm

Ezra did not scowl back, even though the girl was being a major pain in his ass. He did not laugh, nor smile, nor frown. In fact, he wore the same blank expression that he normally wore, like he was deep in concentration but not on an important subject. Terezi may have thought she won a victory by pulling her arm out of his grip. Maybe she didn't. Ezra didn't care one way or the other. But he would teach her a lesson nevertheless.

Ezra didn't use his powers very often inside the school, as they were extremely destructive and had a tendency to cause collateral damage. However, he felt that a small demonstration, in that scene, was appropriate. After all, the place was already half destroyed from the student's brawl earlier.

Focusing his energy within his core, Ezra turned to face Terezi and started to mess with the gravity around them. It was barely noticeable at first, but quickly became more and more apparent when Terezi felt like she were being pulled toward the wall behind her by an invisible force, the strength of which grew exponentially until it was an unstoppable, irresistible force she could not resist, slamming her into the lockers behind her, though not hard enough to hurt her.

"I don't care what you are, Miss Miller. I don't care if you have powers or if you don't. But the students you have encountered are low-grade compared to what's out there. If you want to be prepared for your future, both here and outside of the school, you would do well to listen to me."

The pressure did not relent, but it didn't seem to have any effect on him, even as he leaned closer, till he was whispering into her ear. "Be friends with Steiner. Tell him what you are and what you aren't." Finally he eased back on the gravity until it normalized, allowing her to pry herself out of the bent metal.

"And don't you dare miss my class," he said as he turned to walk away.

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:37 pm

A terrible chill raced down the Cripples back as Ezra turned his back to leave. He was a high tier Ordinary. More than that. He was one of the rare ones, the ones whose power had no limit, no cap. He was terrifying.

Once she was able to move again, Terezi backed down the hallway a few steps before she turned and ran back toward the dorms. As she ran, she pulled her phone out of her pocket and text Steiner. She told him she was on her way to his room, and she had something she needed to tell him. Shoving her phone into her pocket, Terezi rounded the corner and quickly shut herself in her room.

Before she could go and see Steiner, she had to calm her heart. Even out of his presence she felt her body trembling. How could they allow someone like him to teach? It was insane. Once she had calmed down enough, she ran her fingers through her hair, and left her room, locking the door behind her. The walk to Steiner's room was short, since he was just down the hall. He should have been expecting her, but she knocked and waited for him to answer, instead of just barging in.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man on Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:53 pm

Back in his office, Ezra sat in his chair and leaned back, staring at the ceiling as if it were moving. Just an optical illusion, of course, but it held his attention in thrall while he contemplated the even that had just occurred. Perhaps he had been too touch on her, and should lighten up a bit.

"No," he said aloud without plan.

She had to be stronger. She had to be able to dish out anything anyone could throw at her. But he knew the consequences all too well. If he failed, he knew what would await him for the rest of his natural life. No, she had to learn to be stronger. As an educator, Ezra felt a certain degree of responsibility in making sure that those in his classes would be protected, and would eventually learn to protect themselves.

Steiner's phone began to vibrate, prompting him to suddenly reach into his pocket for the device. Sure enough, he had an unread text message. From Terezi, and she wanted to talk. He felt his stomach sink, figuring she had bad news for him. Maybe a boyfriend came back into the picture, or she wanted to hang out with someone else. The hope that the year would be much different than the last was diminishing, like a torch running out of things to burn.

"Come in," he announced, knowing the door was unlocked. He straightened himself out on the bed and put his phone on the nightstand. Looking up at Terezi, spotting the way her eyes looked.

"So... what's up? You said you needed to tell me something?"

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:30 pm

Once inside her friends room, Terezi hurriedly explained all that had happened to her after they parted ways. She excluded the part where she went to the infirmary, instead just saying she had been cornered and dragged away when she had been attacked. She did not exclude, however, any detail in her encounter with Ezra. She relayed every terrifying detail.

"He's worse than Snape.. he's really scary. And I think he's got it out for me, and I don't know why." Terezi was thoroughly freaked out, but despite that fear and her overwhelming desire to skip his class, his warning echoed in her head, almost like a threat.

"He's more than a high tier Ordinary, he didn't even break a sweat, didn't even look like he was trying."She paused. "Please tell me you have his class the same time I do. I don't think I could go if I had to be there alone." Terezi chewed on her lip, a worried look in her eyes as she looked at the door as if he was going to burst through and come back for her, like he knew she was talking about him.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man on Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:48 pm

As Terezi relayed her experience with Ezra, Steiner could not help but feel anger growing inside him. "What the hell!? What kind of teacher is he supposed to be? You don't just go slamming students into lockers!" Deep down he wondered what Ezra's powers were, exactly, though they seemed to have something to do with the manipulation of gravity itself. Well all that was was a fancy term for a telekinetic, and he was sure he could handle one of those if he needed.

Steiner brought her deeper into the room, sitting her down at the foot of the bed while he got her something to drink. While he was up he dug out his class schedule and searched for Ezra's class.

"Yup, i've got it," he confirmed, handing Terezi the glass. "At 2:20. Is that when you have him?"

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:16 pm

"Oh thank god..." Terezi about melted when she heard the time he would be in Ezra's class. "That's the same time as me." A weight lifted off of her, though her fear remined, creeping under her skin, close to the surface. She had met a lot of Ordinarys in her life, but never one like that professor. Never one that she couldn't beat, or outsmart in some way. How was she supposed to get around someone like him?

The glass in her hand shook as her body trembled and she did her best to conceal it. So, she tried to change the subject. "So you've got a roomie after all, eh?" She grinned at him in a lame attempt to not seem like a total chicken. Encountering someone like Ezra was completely different for someone like her who wasn't Ordinary. The more powerful the person, the higher her chances of an untimely demise. Teacher or not.

"Do I have some competition, because I'm pretty sure I've already claimed the role of best friend, and I'm a jealous person." She wiggled her eyebrows, desperately trying to get away from the conversation topic of a creep-tastic professor having a grudge against a Cripple. And what, exactly, did he mean when he told her to tell Steiner? Was he purposefully trying to make her life a living hell? Was he going after her? Trying to isolate her? Why would he do something like that?

It was time to do some research.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:34 pm

"Hey... uhm... we're not supposed to have girls in our dorms man..."

Casey, Steiner's roommate. He'd almost forgotten that the young man was there, he'd been so quiet. Casey was conservative and pragmatic, in both his style and his outlook on life. He lived simply; everything he owned was neutral, no flash or bling to him. Even the way he spoke was muted. It was clear that he came from a home where no one was allowed to excel at any one thing, or outshine anyone else.

"It's alright Casey. If they say anything i'll blame it on me, and that's the truth." Steiner tried to brush it off with a smile, but Casey didn't agree.

"Still, I don't want to be guilty by association. I'm going to go down to the quad for a little while." Without another word, Casey was gone, having never spoken to Terezi, or even acknowledged her with a glance or a wave. He knew she was there, but chose to ignore her. Steiner furrowed his brow as he wondered about what had just happened.

"Wow, you really are bad at making friends, aren't you?" Steiner winked to his female friend, nudging her ribs with his elbow as he tried to lighten the mood. Between her intimidating encounter with Ezra and the overly-attached sheep of a student, and the fights, Terezi was not catching much of a break.

"Oh well... he's gone now. Now we can make out in peace and quiet." Another wink followed. Steiner was very good at lying with his body language. He did want to kiss her, but he was positive that she didn't see him that way. Not yet anyway. Maybe one day, but he wasn't exactly a patient person.

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:21 pm

The encounter with the roommate was an odd one to say the least. The boy didn't acknowledge her existence, not really, only just pointing out that she wasn't aloud to be there.

"Holy shit." She watched him go, an eyebrow raised. "Do I look like an asshole? I feel like I look like an asshole.. that or I smell." She laughed, not really bothered by it. Terezi knew she was offputting, and preferred not to befriend anyone else. Steiner was the first to be nice to her, didn't recoil from her, or try to punch her face in upon meeting. Besides, more friends led to her getting hurt when she inevitably had to leave, or they found out about her. So, just Steiner was enough.

"Oooh, you wanna make out, already?" She leaned toward him and winked, wiggling her eyebrows a bit. After a moment she sat back and laughed, sighing deeply. Was this what it felt like to have a friend? Was this what she'd been missing her whole life? It was wonderful. "So.." She began slowly, "do you think weird roomie will tattle? Should I go? I mean... I'm already on the creepiest professors shit list, I don't want to add your name to it just by association.."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:57 pm

"Do you look like an asshole? Naw... you're not brown enough." Steiner winked and nudged the girl's shoulder playfully. Of course she knew exactly what she meant, but they were having fun and he wanted to keep that lightness alive in their conversation. "You definitely smell better than an asshole," he added, leaning forward and sniffing the air around Terezi.

Of all the people he'd met in different schools and in the prior years of his life, Terezi was already his favorite. Not only was she nice, but she was strong, and she knew how to laugh. There was always that sense of sorrow behind her eyes, but he actually found it appealing. Steiner didn't trust anyone who didn't have hidden pain.

Steiner could feel his ears turn red when she leaned toward him again. He was almost expecting her to plant her lips on his for a moment. It would have been a joke to her, most likely, so he was glad she didn't. "I have no idea. I don't know him very well. But I say screw it. If he does, he does. If he doesn't, then it's fine. Besides... we're just talking."

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:28 pm

Terezi couldn't help but laugh, shaking her head. "Alright then. Both of us can be on the shit list together. Much less lonely." She winked, and leaned back on his bed, sighing softly. "Wanna research that guy with me? I want to know who he is, and what sort of shit we are getting into being on his bad side." Before he answered, she already pulled out her phone and opened up the browser. There had to be a reason he was allowed at that school being as powerful as he was.

What she found, however, did not sate her curiosity, only heightened it. Most of his files before entering Hill Crown was classified, and encrypted information. The only thing it showed, that she could access, was his time at the academy. Everything before that was locked up tight.

"Damn. Who is this guy..." She muttered in dissatisfaction.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man on Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:19 pm

Disturbed by the lack of information surrounding the aggressive professor, Steiner stared hard at the screen, searching for anything he could find that would give him an idea as to who he was, and why he was there. "Now i'm no detective, but even I think this is odd. I mean, the world we live in... everyone has a Facebook profile, or IG, or SOMETHING... but it's like he doesn't exist for most of his own life."

The implications of what Steiner had said reverberated in his mind. If he didn't exist, it was because someone deleted his information. "But the only reason that would be true is if he had something to hide, or someone wants him to hide. Why would they do that?" The details were so few and far between, it was hard to believe that Ezra had been standing a few feet away from them that day.

"But you can't just waltz up to a school like this and pretend to be a teacher and hope to get away with it. We've seen him with faculty, so either they don't know either, or they're just not putting his information on a computer." A devious and dangerous plan began to hatch inside Steiner's mind.

"Care to go on a midnight field trip with me?"

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:44 pm

The lack of information about the professor put Terezi on edge, but she hid the growing unease fairly well. "A midnight stroll, huh? Oh, I'm definitely in." She smiled over at Steiner, wondering what devious plan he'd hatched in his mind. Putting her phone away, she shifted on the bed, turning to look at the room. It was identical to her own dorm, but instead of her own solitary things, his held a roommates as well. While it didn't seem Steiner and his roomie would get on too well, she couldn't help but wonder what it would have been like.

If she had a roommate, if Cripples weren't so hated, would she have got on with her assigned living partner? It was the same as having friends, she'd think, but didn't know too well. Sure, Terezi had made friends before they found out what she was, but after she was found out the bullying usually got too much to bear, and she'd moved. After a while she just stopped trying. But Steiner, she hoped, was different. Though, if she could help it, he would never find out what she was.

This was her last shot at a normal life.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man on Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:32 pm

A significant amount of time passed as the two young people did their research on the mysterious and dangerous professor. What disturbed Steiner the most was the lack of information on the internet about Ezra. No matter how or where he searched, he seemed to be a complete ghost except for some random bits of useless information, mostly concerning other peopled named Ezra.

Night fell without Steiner even noticing. He'd stayed in his dorm room with Terezi present and not one bad thing happened. No faculty showing up at his door. No social disasters. Nothing but two people hanging out together. When he finally realized what time it was, his head turned quickly to the window, which was illuminated dimly by a streetlight. "Holy shit.... it's night!" Unable to contain himself, the young man let out a belly laugh.

"You still feel like going for that walk? Or are you sick of me already?" Steiner was amazed by how well they were getting on together. He didn't usually make friends that quickly, but Terezi seemed to be different. She was genuine, a quality he often sought in the company of others but almost never found. It was a sincerity that he could certainly get used to. There was no doubt in his mind that they would be inseparable, together till the end and beyond. He had found a best friend.

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum