Ancient Titans: Fragmented

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ancient Titans: Fragmented

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:53 pm

"Kindra is in the area." A young Rouge, Mac, frowned, turning her worried gaze to her friend.

"What? Really? How do you know that?" Harper faced her friend, concern written across her face.

"Jesse said that Braxton saw him." Mac chewed on her lip, her eyes darting around as if Kindra, a Helicrite known for tracking down and apprehending Rouges, was going to jump out of the shadows and detain them both.

Harper scoffed, rolling her eyes as she leaned back on her arms. "Number one, Braxton is almost as blind as a bat, and number two, Jesse is an idiot. Don't listen to them. Kindra can't take down all of us, so we're safe."

"Harper... Are you sure?" Mac truly looked worried. If Harper was attached to the group of Rouges she latched onto, she might have felt remorse for what was about to happen.

Hours after her faux friend fell asleep, Harper stood and walked into her room, pulling a box out from under her bed. Quickly pulling on a black and grey digi-camo uniform she tucked her dirty blonde hair into a black cap and pulled a black mask over her face hiding all but her eyes. Pulling black combat boots on her feet, she tucked her pants into the top before leaving it up tightly.

With a sigh, Harper straightened, pulling a wireless comm device from the box, plugging it into her ear. Tapping it once turned it on, and when she spoke into it, her voice was low, emotionless.

"Jesse and Mackenzie Mayfield are in primary location alpha. Braxton Mitchell is off site. Kindra active, going for Braxton."

Harper shut the comm device off and left the apartment.

Danry
Admin

View user profile http://domainofdemons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ancient Titans: Fragmented

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:55 pm

"I hate nights like these. I really do." In a small coffee shop, Liev sat in an armchair, sipping on a cup of steaming hot coffee while his conversational partner sat across from him, pouring over a set of passports that had be handed to him only moments before. The Neo sitting across from Liev was named Braxton, and in all honesty, Liev found him to be somewhat boring.

Braxton looked up from the pile of passports and gave Liev a curious gaze. "What do you mean?"

"It's very still outside. Quiet. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy peace and quiet just as much as anyone else. But it is almost eerie the way everything is just so... still." Such a silent night did tend to give Liev the jitters, only because his life was, generally speaking, relatively chaotic. He'd spent a long time running from the DOD and trying to help other Neos with their slew of problems. His reputation had grown, which was a dangerous thing to be sure.

"I guess," Braxton replied as he slid an envelope across the table, inside of which were several large bills. Liev did not touch the envelope to lift it off the table, but still it floated toward him, as if held and guided by an invisible force. The envelope opened and turned so Liev could see inside. He frowned slightly, then took the envelope in his hand and pulled out the cash, dividing the bills and placing most of them back inside the letter keeper.

"I'll take my hard costs, but keep the rest. You'll need it to get the four of you out of the country. Call it a family discount." Braxton smiled, overwhelmed with gratitude, though there was a hint of hesitation in his eyes. Detecting that easily, Liev waved him off to avoid further questioning in the matter. "Get out of here. Get the others and be at the airport by six in the morning on Tuesday. Go to Delta and ask for Rudy. He'll take care of you from there. Keep your heads down, don't bring attention to yourselves, and you'll be fine. Good luck."

Without waiting, Liev took his Styrofoam cup and exited the tiny coffee shop and disappearing into the night, leaving Braxton to his own devices. It was hard not to get attached to the plucky little group, for each of them had a quality about them that made them useful and somewhat pleasant to be around, but Liev did not turn back. He had no friends. He wanted no friends. Just like the passport maker, a perfect example. Liev believed them to be friends, until he was caught trying to contact the DOD to turn him and his clients into the government. The Neo took no pleasure in slitting the guy's throat, nor in the dismembering and incineration of the corpse.

It smelled. Burned flesh always smelled.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:57 pm

A single beep followed by two long beeps in her earpiece signaled that the Mayfields had been picked up. Now, all the was left was Braxton. Locating him, subduing him, and turning him in. Turns out that it wasn't all that difficult to find him. He was stumbling through the streets looking behind him every few seconds as if a monster was going to snatch him up.

Down an alley he went, hunched over trying to hide his face. It was a dead end, and when he realized that, he turned around only to come face to face with the masked Harper.

"Kindra..." His voice was low, terrified. "Leave me alone! I haven't done anything--wait.." Braxton frowned, his brow furrowing. "Harper?"

The soldier girl didn't speak, she just moved forward until she was blocking his way out.

"It can't be.. You're one of us!" Braxton backed away from her, his voice rising in volume. "You can't be one of them, Harp. Hold up.. What happened to Mac and Jesse?" Again, Harper remained silent. "No.. You're a traitorous bitch. You sold out your friends!"

"I don't have friends." Harper sighed, pulling the cap and face cover off. "Or a family."

"We were your friends, your family! How could you do this to us?"

"I need to find someone, Braxton. And if I do this the DOD will help me find them. You have to understand." Fire circled the two of them, lighting up the alley, the flames bright blue, heat pouring over the concrete, though they burned nothing.

"We could have helped you." The boy seemed defeated. Two of his friends were gone, and the third had betrayed them all.

"I'm sorry, Braxton."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:58 pm

'Will they be able to get to the airport okay without being recognized? They're amateurs... they don't even understand the game their playing. But everyone has to learn in their own time. I can't hold their hands and baby them the whole time. Besides, there's work to do. I need to call... shit.'

Liev turned and jogged back to the coffee shop, realizing that he'd left his cell phone sitting on the table. When he got to the door, however, he could clearly see through the window that Braxton was not there, yet the table still had not been cleaned. His phone was not on the table, which led him to believe that it had either been stolen, or Braxton still carried it.

While Liev's power did not afford him any extra ability to track the young man, he did have intelligence and common sense. He knew where Brax and his crew were staying, so he would end up there eventually. It was, however, quite a walk, and Liev was ready to get back home for the evening. He began walking at a brisk pace, often jogging when he felt like it, trying to make up lost time and close the distance. If he could catch up to Braxton before he reached his home, it would just be fewer steps back.

Rounding a corner, Liev suddenly stopped just inside an alleyway, his eyes drawn to the blue flames licking the ground. The heat was intense and followed a very suspicious pattern. Braxton's eye fell upon Liev for just a moment, a look of terror crossing over him again. Was he with Harper? Was the entire thing orchestrated?

"Hmm... I must be farther out of the loop than I thought. What ever happened to asking a girl on a date, having dinner, then going home? What does everything have to be fire and pain and shit now?" Liev recognized the uniform, but not by identity. She was an agent for the DOD. Black Ops, possibly Wet Works. Possibilities raced through his head, forming possible angles for almost everything in the alley. Anything could be a weapon if he were motivated enough.

"Brax... run home and don't stop until you get there." Liev's voice was stern and commanding, though he was not sure if the young man would respond, as terrified as he was.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:59 pm

The flames grew in height, closing in closer around Braxton as they were joined in the alleyway. Yelping, the boy jumped through the flames and took off. Harper turned to face the intruder, frowning.

"Do you have any idea what you just did?" She sighed, the fire dying down. She did not chase her former friend, indicating that she did not really want to apprehend him. "My track record is nearly perfect. You have now hindered my mission and set back my goal by months, perhaps years." A long, thin tendril of flame appeared in her hand, burning white. "Maybe you'd make a suitable replacement?"

Harper knew that he was a friend of her former crew, and her actions would make her a pariah even among her own kind. There was no doubt that Braxton was going to tell every Rogue he knew what she really was. After that night she would no longer be useful to the DoD, and her goal might never be reached.

"I don't want to have to turn you in. You're good for them, you help them."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:00 pm

'Strong fire manipulation... immunity to her flame perhaps... interesting...'

There was no mistaking the mysterious girl's strength, though it did make Liev curious. He wondered how powerful she really was. Of course he had heard the rumors and whispers of the cold tracker Kindra, but his scouts had failed in their one duty. "So you're her, huh? Kindra... gotta say i'm impressed. Last I heard you were well east of here." Liev crossed his legs and leaned his shoulder against the wall nonchalantly.

"If you don't want a fight, then don't fight. We can both walk away from this right now without a scratch. I'll follow him back to his hideout and evacuate him and his friends, and you can return to your base. I'll even knock you out if you want to make it believable." As he spoke, Liev was already influencing items in the alley, building potential energy in them, preparing them to become his weapons should their path lead to violence. He made no attempts to hide what he was doing, having already decided that she would not expect him to simply give himself up to her.

"Or, we play this Mexican standoff until one of us does something stupid, but i'd rather it not come to that. I have no appreciation for what you do, but i'm not heartless. So what's it going to be, Kindra?"

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:01 pm

"My reputation precedes me. I would be flattered, but I know who you are as well, Arsenal. You have your informants, and I have mine." Harper glanced around the alley, clenching her jaw tightly as she tried to figure a way to resolve the situation. "If I had a choice, I wouldn't do this, but the DoD has something of mine and this is the only way to get it back."

She gestured behind him towards the city, shaking her head. "I know the locations of every single one of them, most of them are still there because I let them go. I hate this, but I need what they've got. The streets are crawling with my men, ready to move should I give the word. I don't want to have to do that, but there is no other way. Please understand."

The boy in front of her seemed powerful, would she be able to take him down if it came to it? Perhaps not with only her gift, but with her training she knew she'd at least have a chance.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:02 pm

There it was... Kindra's ace. If she didn't report in, there was no telling what her feet on the ground would do to the rest of the Neos. Of course, she could have been bluffing. If she knew who Arsenal was just by looking at him, she might have assumed that he could kill her easily, so a clever lie would be just the thing to keep her alive. Curiosity was a weakness of Liev's.

"You do that and I promise you won't walk away from this. You'll live... but you won't walk away. I really don't want to go down that road, so how about be both call it a night and we can revisit this issue another time. What do you say?"

If Kindra knew his name by seeing only his face, then she probably new about his reputation. The Butcher, some called him, for the way he cuts down his enemies without a lick of compassion. Of course that was exaggerated, as all rumors were, but only marginally. While violence wasn't something he rushed into, he was very good at it.

The random bits of debris in the alley all pointed at Harper, solidifying his position in the debate. He wasn't willing to lose, but he was willing to call a draw. "You know the DOD. Whatever they have on you... whatever they're holding over your head, they'll never make good on their promise. I, however, have an impeccable record, and probably give you what you're trying to obtain. An exchange, of course; I don't do this out of kindness. But i'll scratch your back if you scratch mine."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:03 pm

An exchange? It was true about the rumors surrounding him, it seemed, but could he really help her? Deciding to take a chance with Arsenal, Harper tapped her earpiece. "Braxton's location is unknown. Withdraw. Kindra out." Pulling the comm device from her ear, she held it in the palm of her hand and it erupted into flames.

If it was a bluff, if he was lying to her, she would enjoy burning him alive listening to his screams as his flesh melted from his bones. But she didn't have to say that out loud. If he knew her like he implied then he knew some of what she was capable of, though no one truly knew what she could do.

"You help me and I'll help you. We know what I want. What do you want in return?"

The fact that everything in the alley seemed to be pinned on her didn't faze Harper at all. She wasn't afraid that he could kill her, and his threats didn't scare her. The DoD would do a lot worse if they knew what she was doing, what she had done.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:04 pm

Liev raised an eyebrow just after Harper's earpiece suddenly vanished in a flash of hot flame, leaving behind only charred remain. If she was acting, Liev would have tipped his hat to her for showing such skill. It seemed too good to be true. She would really just willingly cut all ties with the DoD? Was she that easily swayed to follow someone else that she would put herself out of pay and into danger on the hope that someone was actually sincerely trying to help?

It seemed more likely that she was playing her angles. Perhaps she figured she could rush him and incinerated Liev's body, but not before her own body was turned into a pile of ground beef. Would she just be biding her time, then catch him unawares and turn him in? Only time could tell, and that was a luxury neither of them could afford.

"We'll talk about that once we're off the street. I suspect they know where you are by pinging your last transmission. Here, take this." Liev tossed a small device with a peel-and-stick back to Harper. "Put it on. It'll disrupt communications for a while so they can't track you by... other means. Now, I have to go and rescue the ones you gave away and get them out of the city. You can come with me and hide out when I get there, or you can wait around for the rats to find you."

What did Liev want? What would he ask for when the time came? The answers to those questions would not come until he found out exactly how far she was willing to go to obtain whatever it was that DoD had against her, and whether or not he would be knifed in the back as soon as she got the chance.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:05 pm

Harper watched Liev, a skeptical look in her eyes. Was he really going to help her, or was he using her like the DoD? It was a chance she had to take. It was a long time coming, her getting away from the militant forces controlling her life, all she needed was a push. And it happened to be the Neo standing before her. He offered the idea of being able to get the information she so desperately wanted.

"They'll be in a warehouse about to be shipped out." Harper unzipped her digi-camo jacket and tossed it aside, white flames engulfing it before it touched the ground, followed by the dark grey tee-shirt underneath. "There are several people, subdued, so only four guards." She stood in her digi-camo pants and a black muscle shirt, with dog tags hanging around her neck. "I can take the guards if you just want to get them out."

Without waiting for a response, Harper walked past Liev extinguishing her flames as she did. She didn't want a fight, and she could lead him to the holding area and back out again without being spotted. Whether or not he trusted her enough to do so was yet to be seen.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:06 pm

The alley suddenly returned to being an ordinary alley. No fire. No pointed objects. To the normal eye, it was just another alley, undisturbed and completely normal. But Liev would remember. He remembered every encounter, violent or not. The eyes, the tone of voice, the weather. Everything. He would remember the way Harper's hair moved when she changed shirts, and the way the fabric turned to ash and dust.

"Your prerogative. I don't need them dead. Just distracted. But you can take them out if you want. I really couldn't care less." This was the truth, unfortunately. In his mind, anyone who worked for the DoD was unworthy of forgiveness. Even casting off the mantle they so proudly displayed wasn't enough to atone for the sins they committed working under such an odious organization. Those like Harper, who had chosen to leave them behind, deserved some respect for realizing the error of their ways, but trust had to be earned.

Following the girl was easy enough. Liev did so silently. It wasn't out of spite or distrust that he did not speak, he simply did not know what to talk about. He'd worked alone for several years, so having a partner, even temporarily, was a foreign concept to him. About halfway through their trip, Liev felt his stomach grumble, but he kept moving. There would be time for food afterwards. Braxton and the others would need help if they didn't get out in time.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:06 pm

Harper didn't mind the silent walk, or the cool air against her bare skin. She liked the way it tousled her hair, whipping it around like it was nothing. It felt free, and it had been a long time since she was free.

The trip to the warehouse didn't take too long, and when they arrived Harper clung to the shadows making naught a sound. She crept up on the first guard like a ghost, snapping his neck before he even knew what was happening. Gently lowering his body to the ground, the former Black Ops Neo slid into the warehouse in search of the other three guards.

It didn't take long to find and 'distract' the other three. Now all Harper had to do was wait for Liev to help free the captured Neos, then she could explain what she needed and obtain his help. Perching herself on one of the steel beams above the open area, she watched the other Neos with a close eye, just waiting.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:07 pm

With the warehouse clear of DoD agents, Liev's job became infinitely easier. Not that he minded a challenge, but needless violence always lead to attention, and that was something he simply could not afford. Braxton's group had already been stowed away in a moving van, along with several other Neos unlucky enough to be apprehended that night. Liev wore no mask, did nothing to hide his identity. Hardly any public record existed that included him. Anything anyone knew was either rumor and hearsay or sealed away in a private file, likely locked up somewhere so deep that not even the President could access it.

Liev stepped into the truck, easily freeing each captive, one at a time. A flurry of questions flooded in from all sides, but he ignored most of them, answering only the ones that he deemed important. As he worked, his thoughts flittered briefly to Harper. He hadn't seen her since they parted ways. She had done her job well, but there would be no recognition for her. Not among those whose lives were very nearly torn apart by her roleplaying.

Just as the last young person stepped off the truck, a spray of bullets pierced the air. Rapid fire gunshots echoed off the bare metal walls, but Liev spotted the shooters almost immediately. Without so much as a blink, the two shooters were cut down, their bodies sluffing to the floor lifeless, as if they'd never been alive at all. A third figure joined them, bursting through the doorway. He, too, was met with a swift death.

Liev's heart sank, his eyes focused on Braxton's limp body as it crumpled to the floor.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:07 pm

The sound of gunfire made Harper leap from her hiding spot in the rafters down onto the ground startling some of the still frightened Neos. She had not anticipated reinforcements, and it had resulted in death. Before she could react, and assess, her former friend Mac rushed to her side, throwing her arms around her.

"Harper! You're safe! I thought they'd taken you!" The girl squeezed Harper tightly. Startled, unsure of what to do, she just stood there with wide eyes.

"Get away from her!" Jesse yanked Mac away from Harper, a glare on his face.

"Jesse, what the hell?" Mac frowned, confused.

"That's Kindra. Harper is a fraud. That traitorous whore is the one who turned us in." Jesse scowled at Harper, who remained silent, her expression blank. "She pretended to be our friend. She's no Rouge. She's a Helicrite. An agent of the DoD."

"What? No sh-"

"Open your eyes! Look at her wrist, look at her uniform. She's not here to save us." As his anger and disgust for the Neo grew, the metal in the van began to fold and crumple. "She should rot here with the rest of them."

A piece of metal siding flew across the room towards her, but she gave no indication that she was going to avoid it. Jesse was right. She betrayed them, turned them in; Harper was the reason Braxton was dead.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:08 pm

"Stupid kid... why did you just run in like that!? You were supposed to live! You weren't supposed to..." Liev stood completely still, blocking out the world behind him to focus on what happened. Brax was dead, by his hand, a piece of shrapnel still stuck in his skull. How could he let it happen? How could he let the man die, after he swore to get him to safety. He clinched his fists tightly, hard enough for the muscles to strain under his skin.

The only thing that stopped him from breaking down completely was the sudden sound of metal grinding across metal. Whipping his head around just in time to see a large sheet of sharp steel heading directly toward Harper. Acting quickly, Liev altered the metal's course, shooting it straight up into the ceiling, embedding itself there, much to Jesse's surprise. Another piece flew in, but stopped just short of Harper's face, hovering only an inch from her eyes.

"Enough! Get out of here. All of you!"

"But she killed Braxton, and she turned on us! She deserves to die!"

"I killed Braxton. She is a soldier following orders. I'm telling you now, leave, before I get pissed off."

A few moment's hesitation was all that Jesse and the others could muster. Soon enough their feet carried them out of the warehouse and into the street, where they banded together and attempted once again to leave the country.

"No one had to die..."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:09 pm

Harper didn't move, she didn't even flinch despite the metal nearly cutting her down. She watched as the other Neos left, Mac pausing before she disappeared, gazing back sadly at her friend before she was pulled away by her brother. Once Liev and Harper were the only two living beings in the warehouse, she turned her hues to him, frowning. He had saved her. Why? It was her fault that everyone had been there, her fault that Braxton ended up dead. It was all her fault, so why did he save her? Why did he look so guilty?

"I didn't intend for anyone to die. I didn't anticipate reinforcements coming in so soon."

Unsure of what to do next, she began to pull the dead together, separating the DoD agents from the Rouges.Once that was done, Harper set the agents on fire, burning her former comrades, but did not let the flames touch any of the others. They had been her friends in another lifetime, people she would have cried over, but not then. If she let herself feel every death that was on her hands, she just would not survive.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:10 pm

"We'll mourn our dead later," Liev replied coldly, his eyes lingering on the fire for a long moment before moving toward the door. His heart broke for Brax, but there was no time to grieve. If there were a two additional agents who knew of a dangerous situation, there could be more, and that was more than Liev was willing to deal with. Lives were not to be taken lightly. He vowed long ago to only kill when necessary.

He did what was necessary, what he had to do to insure the continuation of his own species. Whatever power had granted them their gifts, he was thoroughly convinced that they were no longer human, and that made them endangered.

"Let's go. I know a safe place where we can hide for the night. We'll discuss the arrangements there. It's not far." He didn't wait for Harper to agree or disagree. It was her choice whether she accompanied him or not. He had saved her life, whether she wanted him to or not. She had led him to the warehouse. Their favors had been fulfilled. Of course, she could help him get out of the city, where he could finally take the fight to the DoD, or settle into a simpler life, whichever he wanted.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:11 pm

Liev was understandably upset. Braxton was dead. It may have been by his hand, but Harper should have realized more guards would have been sent due to the amount of Neos that had been gathered there. The boy's death was not solely his fault. But she wasn't going to say that. None of that would have happened if Harper wasn't a wolf in sheeps clothing, a liar, a fake. No one would be dead if not for her ruse. What he didn't understand was why she did what she did. The DoD didn't have some criminal record hanging over her head. They didn't have a thing to hold against her. She was looking for someone, and she would do whatever necessary to find that person.

She followed him in silence knowing nothing she could say would help, and she went over exactly what he needed to know. Nothing more. Nothing less. He didn't need to know who, or why, or how the DoD got said person. All he needed to know was that she needed to find them.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:12 pm

Not far from the warehouse that they left behind was a set of storage units housed inside the city limits of a nicer side of town. Nondescript and off the beaten path, Liev had long used the units to house some of his more dangerous equipment, as well as a panic house whenever shit hit the fan. Originally it was supposed to serve as a temporary shelter when security was ramped up on the state borders, but turned into a long-term post when it became apparent that the DoD was not leaving.

"Here," Liev said quietly when they arrived at unit 16B. There was no lock on the door, but pulling on it would yield no positive results. When the Neo placed his hand on the handle, the sound of grating iron hummed quietly on the other side. After a moment, Liev was able to pull the door open easily. The inside was relatively bare, with some covered boxes and random bits of furniture. "I got this place for nothing. Well... nothing except a favor returned for avenging the honor of a friend's wife."

Liev moved to the back wall and used his gift again to lift a hatch in the floor, revealing a ladder that lead to a sort of basement below the rental unit. There were, of course, no windows. It was basically a small studio apartment with a small niche carved out in the back for a small washroom, though there was no door, only a curtain. There was power, and a computer, a TV, and a couch. Bare and simple, but effective.

"Alright. Time to start talking. What do you want?"

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:12 pm

Before Harper spoke, she took in the apartment, appreciating the effort it took to hide it. It was very nice. She had to admit that she never would have thought to look there, and it made her wonder how many other units had hidden living spaces.

Finally turning to face Liev she spoke. "The DoD has been hiding someone from me for almost two years. I need you to help me locate that person." She paused, her expression gravely serious. "I have done, and will do, anything necessary to find them. I will not hesitate to do what needs to be done should someone get in my way. There is nothing more important to me than finding this person."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:13 pm

"A missing person? Well you're in luck. That happens to be my specialty." Liev moved deeper into the room, making his way to a miniature refrigerator, from which he fished a couple of beers, one for each of them. He didn't hand Harper her's directly, electing instead to place it on the small island counter between them. If she wanted it, she would take it. If not, she wouldn't. It didn't matter either way. Choosing whether or not to accept a beverage from a complete stranger was a matter of personal preference, and not something to invest much thought into.

After a long swig from his bottle, Liev locked his eyes on Harper, studying her for a long moment before speaking again. "This person you're looking for... must be important if you'd work for the DoD against your own kind. Gotta have an important reason for that. If they've been hiding someone from you, chances are they're dead. Not to burst your bubble, but that's usually how they work. Get in your head, mess you up, make you think there's a chance when there was never a chance."

The way Liev spoke was very blunt. Matter-of-fact. He didn't know who she was looking forward, and he really didn't care. He understood her reasoning, but he didn't like it. No one that ever worked for the DoD could be trusted. No one. Not even himself. "But, if you want to look for them, I'll help you. I'll invest as much danger as you took on by helping me. Then, we part way. Agreed?"

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:13 pm

Harper turned her gaze to the beer, pulling it towards her. She'd never actually drank before, for two reasons. She was underage, and an agent. Former agent, she had to remind herself. What harm could one beer do?

"If the DoD has killed the person I am looking for I will burn the whole country to the ground. Starting with them." There was not an ounce of hesitation in her voice. Harper would kill everyone and anyone if she found out that she had been tricked and her person was dead.

"What is it you need from me? I understand that this is a 'I'll scratch your back, you scratch mine' situation." Cracking the beer, Harper took a swig, the taste making her lip curl. It was disgusting.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:14 pm

Missing the upturned lip completely, Liev reached into a drawer and withdrew a small notepad and pen, under which was a matte black Glock .19. Of course he'd never used it. There was no need. It was loaded and ready to fire, though anyone attempting to use it would regret the decision as soon as they pulled the trigger. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst, Liev had hidden a small assortment of small arms across the space, in case anyone ever managed to find him and pull one out of desperation.

"Well see I can't let you do that. There's decent people in this world. Not... all of them, of course. But some. Now if you decide you want to mount a one person assault on the DoD... well let's just say I have interest in your victory there. But that's not the point."

Another game. Liev loved his games, especially mind games. Fucking with a person's mind was, more often than not, much more gratifying than just killing them blindly. There was so much he could learn from someone when they knew their lives were on the line. Just because he cared about some people didn't mean he couldn't or wouldn't ruin someone's final moments of life.

"You already scratched my back when you helped me free the others. But now I have blood on my hands that shouldn't be there. So i'll help you find this person, if you'll help me get out of the city. My face is marked, so I can't get anywhere near an official exit point. Forcing my way out defeats the purpose if I announce where i'm headed by staining the walls with DoD corpses and blood. So, i'll help you find your likely dead person, and in return you'll help me escape. Deal?"

Liev stretched out his hand to shake, though Harper was several steps away. This was also a game, to see how committed she was to her cause. So many had come before her, begging help for this reason or that. Liev only helped the ones that were truly determined. It was a personal policy that he never broke.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:15 pm

Harper put the beer down and crossed the room grasping his hand in hers, firmly. "You help me find.. my person, I will get you out and as far away as you want to be. They will never find you. You've got a deal." She shook his hand once, then released him and moved away. Harper meant what she said, and said exactly what she meant. Finding the one she was looking for was more important than anything, and she'd kill anyone that got in her way.

Returning to her beer, despite its horrid taste, she took another drink. It was dangerous to trust a man she'd just met, but he had a reputation, and those he'd helped never hesitated to build him up, to brag about his skills. It was clear that the DoD wasn't going to help her, she needed another way.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum