Domain of Demons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dogs of War: Howl at the Moon

2 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Dogs of War: Howl at the Moon Empty Dogs of War: Howl at the Moon

Post by Machine Man Tue May 02, 2017 5:38 pm

Paws dug deep in the dry dirt, kicking up soil and dust behind them as a wolf charged through the undergrowth, propelling the dog toward its prey. The local flora did nothing to slow his pursuit, not even the fallen trees blocking his path or the occasional fence marking the edge of someone's property. The target of the wolf's laser focus was more nimble that the large canine, but not as fast in an all-out foot race, a factor which came quickly into play as the two entered a large clearing, over a mile in length.

The vampire pushed himself to his limits, pouring every bit of strength he had into his legs, but it was becoming apparent that it wasn't enough. Even as he darted through the tall grass, the wolf was close behind, piercing the golden foliage like a wedge pushing through sand. The large grey mammal was too fast to outrun, and with one arm already missing, fighting was an absolute last resort. After only a minute, the vampire realized that he was not going to escape, so he dug in and skidded to a stop, reaching out with his one hand, begging the werewolf to pause.

"Wait! Please! I won't hunt here anymore, I swear!" Tor, the mature grey wolf that had been hunting that poor bloodsucker, came to a stop, his teeth bared and his muscles ready to pounce. "I will leave right now and never come back! Just let me go!" Dropping to his knees, the vampire continued to beg and plead for his afterlife, knowing that it would probably do him no good, but then again he had no other options. He couldn't run. He couldn't fight. He couldn't hide.

At least, that's what he wanted Tor to believe.

The ambush came quickly, from both sides and from the rear. The three young vampires dashed forward, their scents masked by the strong smell of undead blood in the air, dripping from the bloody stump below the first vampire's shoulder. Victory seemed quick and simple, but Tor was no pup. He was wise in the ways of battle, hardened and seasoned by years of experience. He jumped to the side, catching one Nosferatu in his jaws and jerking hard, removing his head.

The other two adjusted while the wounded struggled to stand, his strength suddenly failing him at an alarming fast rate. Tor twisted, dodging the first and ducking under the second as he dove in, grabbing his leg below the knee with his teeth and slinging him to the side. The only capable one of the four saw the foolishness in continuing the attack. He fled as quickly as his legs would carry him.

"One gone. Two dead. One... almost dead."

Tor's body shrank and formed into that of a naked human male, a muscular, strapping figure with rugged good looks and piercingly bright eyes. He approached the weakened vampire, studying his state with a sense of satisfaction radiating from him. "Answer my question quickly and i'll make it quick. You won't suffer anymore."

"Go to hell," the vampire spat just before collapsing, his voice cracking just at the end of his curse as the poisonous qualities in the werewolf's saliva circulated through his veins. The blood that he had stolen had been corrupted by the wolf's bite; it was only a matter of time before he succumbed to it.

"You first," Tor replied as he turned his back to his foe, having no interest in watching real death take the biter. The Alpha would not be pleased with Tor's lack of information, but he didn't have much of an option. He'd done what he could and protected his pack, which, while not a complete victory, was good enough for him at that moment.

Tor stopped at one of several hiding places to grab some clothing to replace what he'd torn during his shift, then set off toward home, taking the most direct route possible, ever eager as he was to see his mate and the rest of his pack. He had no pups to call his own, but had grown very fond of the clan's young, even teaching some of them to hunt and to fight, for they would protect their own packs before long.

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dogs of War: Howl at the Moon Empty Re: Dogs of War: Howl at the Moon

Post by Danry Tue May 02, 2017 8:44 pm

"What did you just say to me?"

"Are you deaf? I said you must have your mate fight for you. That was the most embarrassing display I've ever seen in my life."

Two Weres stood facing each other, one male, and quite large, the other a female, whose form was slight but unwavering despite the intimidating stance of the other. The woman was still considered a pup, even at the age of twenty, while the male was an adult, many years her senior. He towered over her, his skin tan, stretched over muscles that flexed as his anger grew. He was bearded, dark red-brown hair falling in shaggy waves to his shoulders. His eyes narrowed, but seemed to glow a golden hue as he took in the girl who offended him.

"You wanna see that again, pup?" He growled. 

"Holy shit, how many times do I have to say it?" The girl brushed her strawberry blonde hair over her shoulder, shifting on her feet, placing a hand on her hip. "If you really want me to-"

Cut off by a swing at her face, the girl lurched backward, a laugh escaping her lips. "How dare you speak to your elders like that. Insolent little wretch." The man lunged forward, but she continued to dance around him, even as the crowd around them grew.

"I'm so sorry you feel that way, but I can't help what I see." She replied, her tone full of snark.

Again the man came at her, a low growl reverberating in his chest. Evading every throw at her, she laughed, quite light on her feet for one of her species.

"Teager!" A sharp hiss caught her attention, distracting her enough that her opponent was able to land a hard blow to the side of her face. Thrown from her feet, she grunted as she hit the ground, but just laid there, knowing the voice that had called out to her.

"Are you seriously fighting again?" The crowd moved aside as the girls elder brother, Mason, made his way forward.

"No. I was dodging the most pathetic-"

"Enough." He hissed sharply. "Gabe, enough. Go cool off." He turned his gaze to the man she had been taunting, and with one last scowl at her, he did as suggested.

"Aw, c'mon." Teager sighed, pushing herself up and brushing herself off. "It wasn't that bad." She rolled her eyes.

"Don't speak." Mason grabbed Teager by the back of her neck and dragged her away. "The Alpha wants to see you. I can't believe you. You're nearly an adult and you're acting like.. like.." He sighed, exasperated. "Keep this up, Teag, and no one will want to be your mate."

"Ew. Why do I need that? I've got a long life ahead of me, why-"

"Not if you keep acting so recklessly." Mason stared down at her with his eyes narrowed. "Just go and try not to piss him off this time."

Danry
Admin

https://domainofdemons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Wed May 03, 2017 5:37 pm

Tor's clan was located on the west end of the city, where access to the pier made it easier to transport fellow Weres and goods. Unlike the old days, Weres were not savage beasts. Sure they could be a little more aggressive than others, but that didn't mean they had to be backwards or retarded. As his two-door rolled into the parking lot, Tor turned down his music to a reasonable volume, then pulled into his designated spot.

The Alpha, as always, was in his home, a nice cabin-style structure that was both modern in convenience and rustic in decor. One of the oldest clan leaders, Iorek commanded a legion of Weres, holding dominion over a significantly large area. Even as the wolves from the north pushed down, disputing for territory, Iorek's wolves had held their boarders proudly. But even he knew it could not last forever.

Tor entered the domicile then waited to be acknowledged before stepping further into the home.

"Tor, you have returned. What did you find?"

"Not much, i'm afraid. They weren't in the mood to talk. I don't think it was anything more than a rogue band. They were clever, but not organized like a coven. I killed three but... one escaped."

Iorek's expression darkened slightly, though it had never appeared to be particularly cheery anyway. "Lets just hope that it wasn't a scouting party. With the conflict in the north we can't afford another fight." Though he was not as large as Tor, Iorek was still a daunting figure, with green eyes that could see into one's very soul.

"I agree. I should check with Mason, see how the pups are doing. We'll need them soon, I think." Serendipity was present in the cabin, for as soon as Tor mentioned the pups, one particular pup was on her way to see the Alpha. The troublemaker.

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed May 03, 2017 8:48 pm

"I'm not going to do anything, Mason." Teager protested, as he dragged her forward. "I wouldn't start a fight with the Alpha, I'm not that stupid."

"That's debatable." Mason sighed pulling her into the Alphas home.

The pup quieted herself immediately once inside. Going to see the leader of their pack always seemed to give her a stomachache and a massive migraine. It was probably because he was who he was, and while Teager had never disrespected him in person, she knew he took it as an offense to his whole pack when she instigated fights, or fought herself. Especially since she was on the brink of adulthood and still acted the way she did.

Upon entering the room, the two of them bowed their heads in respect, and Mason caught sight of Tor. "Hey, look who's back." He grinned, not yet releasing Teager, who internally groaned at the sight of the other male. She knew who he was, but didn't interact with him too much personally. Mason, however, had high respect for him. Being around the same age they seemed to get along pretty well, especially when it concerned the pups. Well, most of them.

"Didn't expect to see you so soon," Mason continued as they entered the room, allowing the door to close behind them. He then turned to the Alpha, and nudged Teager forward. "Pardon the intrusion. I've brought her like you asked. If there is nothing more I can do here, I'm going to go back to the other pups. Tor, we'll catch up when you're done here."

Teager looked at Mason, trying to hide the 'please don't go' look written all across her face. Being alone with thier leader was one thing, but being left with Tor, too? Her behavior didn't warrent this much of a punishment, did it?

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Thu May 04, 2017 11:49 am

Mason's familiar voice lifted the thick malaise in the Alpha's house almost immediately. Tor turned and smiled, greeting his old friend warmly as he and his sister entered. Almost the same age, Mason and Tor were considered quite the pair, years ago. They protected each other, fought very well, and never really had any issues between them. "Yeah, I didn't expect to be back so soon, but the wind shifted on me."

Mason would know what that expression meant, as he had been the one to first coin the phrase. "It's good to see you, buddy. We'll talk in a bit." At first, Tor seemed to be almost oblivious to Teager's presence, but he was actually very keenly aware of her, and the look on her face when she realized that her brother was not going to stand with her. Ever the troublemaker, Tor's duty as a warrior included looking after the pups. He and Mason shared the responsibility for them, including Teager.

After Mason departed, Tor turned his eyes to the young pup, her expression unchanged. "I don't know what you did, but I can't imagine it will be good, for you or your brother. Come in... Iorek is waiting for you."

Compared to the girl, Tor was much larger in stature, though he was only a few inches taller. He was a tough specimen, though not the largest member of the clan, or even the pack. Still, he was one of the most feared and respected in the tribe for one simple reason: he was an outstanding fighter.

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 04, 2017 1:21 pm

Mason left and Teager felt a mix of dread and excitement. On the outside it seemed as if she really didn't want to be left alone with Tor, but she really didn't mind. Deciding that she must continue on with her role of discomfort and she stepped forward, idly touching the tender skin on her face where Gabe had landed his final blow.

"This time I didn't do anything. Gabe punched me." Teager neglected to say that she insulted his fighting ability. "You and Mason always assume everything is my fault. Would it kill you to believe that I'm not always the problem?" With a sigh, and a frown on her face, she moved deeper into the home, the ache in her stomach growing. There was no possible way he had heard of the fight moments before, because when Mason showed up Teager was under the impression that she was wanted from something that happened before. And as far as she knew, she'd been pretty well behaved.

Nervous about what it could be, she moved forward until she stood in front of Iorek. "You wanted to see me, sir?" Not always was it a bad thing to see Iorek, but Teager had been to see him more often than the rest of the pups put together, and most of the adults.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Thu May 04, 2017 2:34 pm

"Yes, Teager. Come. Sit." Iorek motioned to the pair of chairs opposite of himself. Tor moved smoothly to the chair nearest to him, but waited for Teager to seat herself before he sat. As soon as both were comfortable, the Alpha continued. "Two days ago I got a phone call from a man named Anthony McAllister. Seems he is the new Vampire Master in the United States. He's trying to unite the covens to bring some order to their kind, and is asking us to do the same."

Silently Tor was wondering why their Alpha was even telling them. It seemed like a job for Iorek himself, for neither Tor nor Teager held any type of authority outside of their own pack.

"I've decided that we should do the same. Our war with the Northern Weres is drawing too much attention. Unification with other clans will give us the numbers we need to put an end to that war. The only problem is... the Envoy they sent to mediate between covens and clans has gone missing." Iorek sighed before continuing. "I'm sending you both to America, as part of a joint force between Vampires and Weres. You'll help find the Envoy and see to it that they are safely delivered to the meeting place in Alaska."

"And... if they're already dead?" Tor was a practical person and liked having a plan and a backup, just in case.

"Then you'll come back and we'll go back to doing things the way we have been doing. Let's hope it doesn't come to that."

Tor nodded his understanding, though his face still displayed an air of curiosity. "Forgive me, but... Teager is a pup. I can't imagine this would be a safe mission for her to take. Wouldn't it make more sense to send me with another, more experienced warrior?" It was no secret in that room that Tor was concerned about the Alpha's choice in his partner, and he did not mean to question the will of his elder, but he saw a safety issue there and felt it was important enough to address immediately. "I worry for her safety."

Iorek nodded while waving his hand. "She cannot stay a pup forever, Tor. She will accompany you, and you will show her what it means to be a fully recognized member of this pack."

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 04, 2017 3:24 pm

Dumbfounded was an understatement. Teager sat next to Tor with wide eyes, confusion written across her face. He what? Silently she agreed with Tor, but also, why would he pick her? Everyone, literally everyone, in the pack knew who she was and what kind of trouble she got into. Iorek especially knew. Why would he choose her to do something this important with Tor, one of the strongest, and most respected in the pack?  Something was going on. There were other pups that were the same age as her, on the same level, but far more mature than she was. Something was very, very wrong.

The rest of the conversation flew by in a blurry. She heard everything that was said, but worry and dread weighed her down. When the conversation was over, she started to stand to leave, but Iorek motioned for her to stay, saying he had more to discuss with her in private, and that nearly made her throw up. This was it. This was where the bad news came in.

In a daze once she left the Alphas home, Teager wandered toward the home she shared with Mason. So much had happened in such a short time that she could hardly believe it.  How could this have happened to her? Beyond upset, she walked slowly, not paying attention to anything around her, she suddenly stopped. Mason had told her to go to the Alpha. He had to know what they would speak about.

With a growl, Teager took off towards her home, throwing the door open. "Mason, you prick, you-"

Her words were cut short as two very strong smells invaded her sensitive nose. One was unfamiliar to her, but the other she knew very well. It was blood. And there was a lot of it. As her eyes adjusted to the dark, she spotted Mason lying motionless on the floor, and something else leaning over his body, a sickening slurping sound echoing in the still air. It stopped when she burst in, but it would not be a sound she soon forgot.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Thu May 04, 2017 6:35 pm

After being excused Tor went to check in on the other pups, the ones that didn't pick fights or start arguments or generally cause issues within the clan. He found Gabe first, who explained what happened in great detail. Tor didn't always believe everything he heard, but much of what he described did seem like things Teager would likely do, so he had a hard time refuting any of Gabe's account.

It made Tor crazy that she was so wild and rambunctious. Why couldn't she calm down and step into line like the rest of the clan? Why did she have to cause problems everywhere she went? On top of that, he was about to be sent on a mission with her, where her antics could end up in far worse positions that prostrate at the feet of the Alpha.

Tor's thoughts were interrupted when he caught the smell of something familiar. His eyes widened as he whirled around, charging as fast as he could toward the smell, his stomach twisting into knots as he neared Mason's dwelling. Bursting in through the front door, slightly ajar, he saw it.

The vampire he failed to catch before then was making a meal out of his best friend. Rage overtook the Were, a rage that propelled him toward the creature of the night while his form changed mid-stride. The vampire stood and waited, knowing there was no where to go. The giant gray wolf slammed into him, his jaws clenched around the vampires head and squeezing hard until it crunched under his teeth, leaving only a cold, twitching body in a mess of blood and torn flesh and bone fragments.

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 04, 2017 8:06 pm

Teager stood frozen, barely batting an eye as Tor whipped past her to deal with the vampire. Everything had slowed down, sounds muffled, sights blurred. Her eyes were wide, heart pounding loudly in her chest, as she stared at Mason lying on their floor. There was blood everywhere.

Hearing the crunching sounds of the vampires skull being crushed snapped Teager out of her daze. Quickly darting forward, without thinking, she tore her shirt off and ripped it into strips as she darted across the house to her fallen brother. His leg had very nearly been torn off and that's where most of the blood had come from. Moving with urgency, she used one of the strips of fabric to tourniquet his leg putting a quick stop to the bleeding. Balling up the rest of her shirt up, Teager pressed it against the side of his neck where the vampire had been feasting.

When most of the blood had stopped flowing, Teager pulled Mason into her lap, cradling him close to her body. "It's okay now," she whispered. "I've got you. You're going to be okay. Tor... Tors here, too. He.. he got rid of the nasty parasite, and you're gonna be fine now." She kept whispering softly to him, her grip on him tight, murmuring apologies, and cooing to him. Teager made sure that his heartbeat was constant, and that it didn't fade.

Rocking back and forth slightly, the female Were didn't realize she was now almost completely covered in her brothers blood as she held him. Nothing existed in that moment but keeping her brother alive. Seeing something move from the corner of her eye, her grip tightened and she let out a low, threatening growl, her teeth bared. Teager only saw threats, she didn't see that it was a medical that was trying to get Mason away from her. She couldn't hear the people around them. All she saw was Masons life being threatened.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Fri May 05, 2017 12:44 am

With the vampire properly dispatched and his duty to the tribe sufficiently secured, Tor turned his attention immediately to his friend, who lay crumpled in a heap on the floor, his head resting gently in his sister's lap. The pang of guilt punched him in his gut, harder than he'd ever before experienced. No amount of pain, however terrible, could hurt him more than what he felt seeing his friend near death, broken by a vampire that Tor himself failed to kill.

No matter how much he wanted to see to him, however, he was not trained as a healer. He was no doctor, or even a field medic. Apart from basic first aid, he knew next to nothing. What he did know, however, was that the tourniquet wrapped around his injury would not hold him for long. He needed professional help, which had arrived, only to be met with the teeth of a protective pup.

Her growls made men twice her size think twice before approaching any closer. Tor, however, was not afraid. It may have been his only friend on the floor, but he knew to keep a level head. After setting his gaze, he strode forward, hooking Teager around her waist with his arm and pulled her against him firmly.

"Let him go, Teager. The doctors will take care of him. He'll be fine. You need to get out of the way now." He waited to pull her away entirely until the EMTs had gotten close enough to support the dying Were.

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Fri May 05, 2017 10:15 am

Teager struggled against Tor, pushing hard trying to free herself to get to Mason. When the EMTs left with her brother, all the fight left her. She turned her gaze up to Tor, her eyes shining with tears. With what she just learned, and the task shed been given woth Tor, teager knew she was never going to see Mason again. She wanted nothing more than to wrap her arms around him, and cry, but she didn't.  Instead she turned away from him and took a deep breath, successfully squashing the urge to cry. Wiggling out of his grip, Teager moved across the room and flipped the light on. That was a mistake.

The light flooded the room, and she was able to see the damage that had been done. Almost dazed she walked around, the fight between her brother and the vamp playing out in her head. He must have ambushed Mason, took him by surprise, but why? Mason hadn't gone out in a long time. Why would a vampire have a grudge against her brother?

Taking a deep breath, she let it out in a huff placing her hands on her hips. "Guess I should clean up. Mason can't come home to this mess." Blissfully unaware of the fact blood was staining her clothes and hair, she gathered towels, and a broom and mop with its bucket. Without looking at Tor, she spoke to him, thankful that her back was to him, as it was beginning to get difficult to hide her tears. "Thank you for helping Mason," she paused and sighed before continuing, "but if you're not going to help clean up, I'm going to need you to leave. You'll only get in my way."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Fri May 05, 2017 11:02 am

The weight of his guilt felt as though it were crushing Tor, making it hard to breath and making every beat of his heart hard enough to feel it jump inside his ribs. As the situation continued to calm down, he his self-judgement became more and more severe. How could he possibly hope to accomplish such an important mission if he could not protect just one of his own.

Tor also began to question whether or not Teager could hold her own in a fight. She had skill, but the way she froze in the heat of the moment could lead to one or both their deaths. There's was a dangerous task; it would likely kill the both of them.

Still, the shock of the situation had darkened his mood significantly. "You stay here. I'm going to get things ready to go. You have until dawn.

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Fri May 05, 2017 11:38 am

Until dawn, hm? She could do it.

Getting to work as soon as Tor left, Teager focused her mind on making everything clean and neat. Back to the way it was. In a few hours she had the house completely blood free, though there was a lingering smell of copper in the air. A quick spray of airfreshener took care of that.

Her body was drenched in sweat and blood, but she didn't mind. Chancing a glance at the clock she only had two more hours until Tors deadline, and she had yet to clean herself and get dressed. What should she pack to take with her? Teager had never been to America before, and she didn't know what she would need. Clothes, obviously, and toiletries, but what else? Sighing, she shook it off and peeled her blood soaked clothes from her body, depositing them in the trash before she jumped in the shower.

The water running over her skin felt good, but with nothing to focus her mind on, other than Mason and leaving her entire pack behind, she sank to her knees and finally let herself cry. She stayed like that, motionless on her knees, sobs rocking her whole body, for quite a long time. When her tears had subsided, she shakily stood and scrubbed the blood from her body and hair. The shower had taken an hour in total and now she had even less time to get ready. Sighing, Teager threw on a large tee and a pair of ripped skinny jeans, throwing her damp hair up into a ponytail.

Throwing a handful of clothes in a duffel bag, the female Were slung it over her shoulder and left the house making sure to lock the door behind her. With about half an hour to spare, she jogged down to the hospital where they had Mason. At the receptionist desk she was told he was resting in ICU and only family could see him.

"I'm his sister. Please, I just.. I just want to say goodbye.." Teager pleaded with the nurse, and finally was allowed to see him.

Mason was hooked up to several machines, his skin pale and waxy. Teager swallowed hard, biting her lip to keep from bursting in tears, and slowly moved into the room to sit in a chair next to him. "I'm sorry, Mas. I froze up. If I wasn't such a bad pup you wouldn't have had to face that thing alone. I could have helped you. Maybe it would have been me there instead of you, it would be better that way." Her voice cracked, and she grasped his hand tightly in hers. "I'm going to America with Tor. I.. I'm not coming back.. please forgive me." Fighting back tears, Teager stood and leaned over him, placing a kiss on his forhead. "I love you, Mas. I'll miss you."

With that, she picked up her bag, and left, going to meet Tor.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Fri May 05, 2017 1:05 pm

Tor's apartment wasn't too far from the hospital, a home he shared with Julia, his mate. Their relationship was an odd one, for neither of them had connected the way a mated pair would normally connect. Despite this, they chose to appear to be a mated couple for the public. They shared a bed and used it often to fulfill their needs and desires, and they were generally happy together, as friends would be, though they did not know each other as well as Tor and Mason.

As he packed, he told Julia about what had happened and about the mission he was undertaking. She was not at all pleased that she was not selected to travel with him, even more so that Teager was, but Tor dismissed her jealousy. She had begun to have deeper feelings for Tor, secretly. While the male Were wasn't oblivious to that, he really had no interest in deepening their relationship but did not want to hurt her either.

Finally he was ready. He kissed Julia goodbye, then headed downstairs to his truck. He threw his few belongings in the back seat of his Tundra, then drove to the prearranged meeting place, where he found Teager waiting.

"You're early for once," he commented, trying to keep his tone light and soft while he approached her, taking her bag and placing it in the seat next to his. If they were going to travel together, he might as well try to start them off on the right foot.

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Fri May 05, 2017 1:44 pm

"Yeah, I've got to mature eventually right? I won't be a pup forever and I have a lot to learn." Teager appreciated his light tone, and tried to match it, though she already missed Mason. Thinking abut never seeing him again made it hard for her to maintain her outward personality. Tor didn't know what she discussed with Iorek, but he was going to teach her how to be an adult, albeit she wouldn't be part of his pack anymore.

"I'm excited. I know it's a serious task we got, but I've never been anywhere but here. Have you been to America before? I wonder what it's like." She made sure to keep her mind off of her brother because Teager wasn't sure she could hold her emotions back. "I know I'm.. not ideal to travel with, or even be around, but I'll try to be.. like the others."

Teager wanted to prove to Tor that she was a worthy companion, even if it wouldn't be for long. Being around him most of her life, since his best friend was her brother, Teager had started to develop feelings towards the male. For a few years she realized exactly what she felt, and though it was wrong to think this way, she wanted to show him that she'd be a better mate than his current one. Julie. Without ever meeting the woman Teager hated her. Teager wanted Tor, no one else would do. It was Tor or no one at all; thankfully he was oblivious to this fact. If he wasn't he was really good at hiding the fact that he knew.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Sat May 06, 2017 11:03 am

Hearing that Teager had caught onto his intentions brought a distinct comfort to Tor's heart. She understood that he was trying to keep the mood from slumping completely. Teag was a curious creature, full of want for knowledge at an almost dangerous level. The most rambunctious pup in the whole pack, she had probably caused more problems than she fixed. Despite all that, she had a good heart, and had gone out of her way more than a few times to help her brother.

"No. Well... once, but it was a very long time ago. The pack took a trip there when we thought about relocating there. I don't remember much, just that the people there were much more different than I thought they would be. The people are strange... so much diversity in their people. It's hard to know where you stand against a line full of people."

When she brought up the more serious subject, the small smile that had sat on Tor's faded away. "I don't want you to be like the others. I want you to be you. But you need to learn to reign it in before you get in trouble again. Remember that every action you take reflects upon others. Mason... Iorek.... even myself. So I want you to try not to say the first thing that comes out of your mouth when we're around others. Diplomacy can be just as important as strength itself."

Down the road the truck bounced, until they reached the main road that would take the to the airport. "Especially at the airport. Have you ever flown before?"

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Sat May 06, 2017 11:56 am

'I can try, but who knows how that's going to go. Teager thought, turning her gaze out the window. "No, I've never flown before. I can't wait. I'm really excited. I wonder what the world looks like from the sky.. " In all honesty she had never been this far out, and away from the pack, it made her nervous. Then again, she was never going back, was she? Turning in her seat, the Were pup glanced back, chewing on her lip. Only for a moment she lingered there, worry in her hues, but then she shook it off and faced forward again.

"So America is really different from here. It's bigger right? Where are we going to go in America?" One question right after the other flew out of her mouth. Sure, she'd learned about America, briefly, but she was about to experience it for herself, and her excitement was getting close to bursting. "When the mission is over can we go sightseeing? Just for a little bit? When I get back, I-" Teager stopped short, her breath catching in her throat. She wasn't going back. Would she even be allowed back across the sea? Would any pack take her, or would she be alone for the rest of her eternal life?

Fear flowered in her chest, but she shook it off, and cleared her throat. "Sorry, ahem, anyway, I don't know when I'll be able to go on an adventure like this again, and I want to experience as much as I can. And learn how to be a proper adult while I'm at it."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Sat May 06, 2017 1:00 pm

"It's different. A different kind of beauty. A lot of it will be ocean, but if it's a clear day, you will see the land. America has all different climates. Dry desert, flat plains, mountains, snow, and sand. It's a good land, despite its politics. The people, you must watch out for. They are so diverse, it's hard to know how they will react to you. One may like you and one may not."

Hearing Tor speak about it made it sound like he missed the place, though by his account he hadn't been but once. In truth there was some degree of freedom in America, simply because he could do things his way, without worry about orders from the Alpha. Their tickets were purchased one-way, which simply meant that Iorek did not expect them to return until the the job was complete. He had no reason to suspect that anything was amiss until her voice faltered.

"We could probably spend a little time touring the sites. There is a lot of food there, and many landmarks we could visit. Julia will not be particularly pleased but everyone needs a break every now and then." As the truck pulled up to a stop sign, Tor hesitated before moving through, turning his attention to Teager.

"If you think that you won't be returning from this mission, I want you to put that thought out of your head. You may be a pup, but you have great potential. As a guardian to you pups it's my job to make sure that you are trained properly and protected. I will keep you safe." Still there was no reason to believe that she would not return to the pack once their job was done, so Tor did the only thing he could think of, which was to reassure her that she would be okay.

"Besides, you think Mason wants you waiting on him and and foot? He's a good man, and a strong Were. He will recover his independence faster than you think." Unknowing of how damaging his reassurance could have possibly been, Tor shifted to first gear and pulled through the intersection, driving toward their destiny, for good or for bad.

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Sat May 06, 2017 1:37 pm

Teager knew Tor was only trying to reassure her, but his words only drove a spike into her chest. Despite that she smiled. "I'd really like that, thank you." Completely brushing over the fact he mentioned his mate, Jessica,  Teager agreed on the needing a break thing. "Are the Weres different, too? You're not too disappointed you have to take me, right? I know that you'd rather have taken someone else, but.. I'm glad it was me." She was genuinely happy to be going on that trip with him.

Tor really was the only person she could stand other than Mason. No one else in the pack liked her because of her attitude, and rash behavior, but she figured she didn't need any of them, and now that she couldn't return home, she was glad for it. Needing to leave her friends behind would have made it even harder. And Mason wasn't awake when she said goodbye so she didn't have to see his disappointed face when he learned of what happened.

"I know that you would protect me, but I want to be strong, too, so I can protect you." Teager gave him a sideways glance, brushing some of her hair over shoulder. She would miss Tor when he returned home. She would miss him terribly.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Sat May 06, 2017 1:51 pm

"I suppose they are. But no different than an American human compares to a Norwegian one. Americans are loud and rude, for the most part." The turn into the airport parking lot came up quickly. Tor eased the truck through the gates and headed for long-term parking. The cost didn't necessarily bother him, for he kept a clan credit card with him at all times to cover expenses, and the occasional fancy dinner when the mood struck him.

Pulling into a spot, Tor shut off the engine, then turned once more to his new and young partner. "Teager I won't lie to you. I'm not sure why the Alpha chose you for this mission. Maybe he sees something in you that the others do not. This is a dangerous mission... you wouldn't have been my first choice. Your brash and headstrong. But... you're also kind to Mason. I worry about you getting hurt."

Tor didn't linger in the cab any longer, for fear that he might say something he shouldn't. It was amazing how quickly he could push his mate out of his head and replace her with Teager. It felt natural. It felt right. Both he and Julia knew their mating was completely substantial, but at his age he felt like he did not have a choice. What young Were would want him, being over a hundred years their senior.

"You will get stronger. You will be able to protect yourself, and your mate.... and me."

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Sat May 06, 2017 2:06 pm

"Mate? Pfft, have you met me?" Teager laughed as she exited the cab as well. "No one I  their right mind would chose me. But that's okay, I'm not really interested." Which wasn't a complete lie. Teager had been in love with Tor since she was fourteen years old, and it would be a lie to say she wasn't heartbroken when he had chosen Jenna to be his mate. From what she'd seen of the woman she knew that they had not truly mated which had given the young Were some hope, but things were different now, and she had to let that go. He would never be hers.

"I will definitely protect you, though. I may be reckless but I react quickly, and when it counts I can be reliable." She grabbed her duffel bag from the seat and slung it over her shoulder. "Well, when it doesn't concern someone I love. I hope he's doing okay.." She murmured softly, again looking back the way they came. It sacked that she couldn't give Mason a proper goodbye, and she prayed that he understood.

"Alright," Teager declared, "I will prove that I am just as good as the rest, and can be counted on, too. Just you watch Tor, I will be the best pup ever, and you'll be coming to me for help." She stuck out her tongue and winked to show that she was playing around and to get away from the dark mood the conversation seemed to have taken.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Sat May 06, 2017 2:48 pm

Tor chuckled, genuinely relieved to hear their conversation had become more relaxed. The ride to the airport had been uncomfortable for him, as he tried to be a little on the dark humor side, with a sarcastic but genuine inflection ever present in his voice. The ride up had been a little too serious for his usual tastes, so seeing her more normal personality was actually a breath of fresh air. He could handle her in that setting, when it was just the two of them, but when she had to deal with others... that's when the headaches came.

"He will be fine. I'll be in contact with home while we are in America. When he wakes up, i'll know, and we'll talk to him. In the meantime, keep yourself focused to what we're doing. You can't learn to protect others if you can't see farther than your snout."

Into the airport they went, a rather metropolitan area, as opposed to the reservation-style homes the two Weres were accustomed to seeing. People rushed by, in great hurries to get no where of particular interest. The crowds were thick with travelers and employees, as well as other Weres, and even some Vampires.

"Remember the rules here. No matter what happens, we can't reveal our secret to the humans. You're going to see Bleeders here, and many more in America. We do not attack them unless we have no other choice."

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Sat May 06, 2017 3:11 pm

Glad that Tor was with her when they went into the airport, Teager stuck close by him. There were so many people, humans, Weres.. and Vampires. Her eyes widened, and she had to force herself to take a deep breath. Everything around her faded for a moment and all she saw was that vampire crouched over her brother, all she heard was that nasty slurping sound. Her entire body shuddered, and she blinked hard, pushing down the burning heat that spread through her like wildfire.

"I'll remember the rules." Her grip on her bag tightened, her muscles flexing, but she had to maintain control. She had to show Tor that it wasn't a mistake for her to go with him. Again she took a deep breath and closed her eyes, sighing deeply. When she opened her eyes again, she looked up at her companion and smiled. "Where's our plane? How long is it going to take to go over the ocean? I can't wait to see America, and try their food, and see their things. I think it's going to be great."

She had to keep talking, thinking about something else. Vampires were everywhere, and the one who killed her brother was dead. Tor killed him. Not all of them were like that one. Teager just had to remember that.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Sat May 06, 2017 3:44 pm

Tor reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, flipping and scrolling through screens until he reached his email with their tickets. "Uhm... fifteen hours, with a stop. That'll get us to New York. Then we'll take another jet to Alaska, another nine or ten hours. It's a long trip. But we'll have movies, and food, and each other." Tor knew that the end of his statement could have been interpreted many different ways, but he decided not to elaborate, instead letting Teager come to her own conclusions.

Tor finished getting them checked in and through security. It was crowded, yes, but the lines moved steadily and before long they were on the way to their gate, which was clear toward the back of the airport. It was a hike for a human, but a mere skip and a jump for a Were able to cross long distances in a very short amount of time.

"The important thing to remember," Tor began, noticing how her breathing changed and where her eyes went when they passed a vampire, "... is that they are as different from each other as we are to other Weres. A species does not make someone good or evil, but their actions do. You're going to be surrounded by them in Alaska, but they'll be there because they wish for peace."

"What do you think? Can there be peace between the Weres and the Vampires?"

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum