Domain of Demons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abomination

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Abomination - Page 2 Empty Re: Abomination

Post by Machine Man Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Ragnar chuckled slightly, happy that Adalynn thought so highly of his work. There was satisfaction in hearing that he did a good job. "A perk of being an Exorcist, I guess. My spells helped quite a bit. I wanted to have it done sooner, but i've been busy with my other duties since I came here. It's barely been used, sadly, but hopefully you'll get plenty of mileage in here."

He reached down and dipped one hand into the pool, checking the temperature. Finding it still pleasingly warm, he stood up and flicked his fingers toward Adalynn, sprinkling her with water. "Don't worry. It's not been consecrated, so you won't melt if you decide to use the pool. You can stay down here as long as you like... they may not appreciate my good will upstairs, but i'll deal with them when it comes up. You are under my protection now."

Ragnar crossed to the kitchenette and opened the fridge, from which he pulled a couple of glasses. The chilled cups were then filled with red wine, which he had gotten from a cool pantry next to the sink. "Here. Drink this. It'll help you feel better."

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:06 pm

Adalynn smiled and rolled her eyes when he flicked the water at her, and gratefully accepted the extended glass. She held it in her hands for a moment, her thoughts shifting, and she began to absently chew on her lower lip.

"The others like you think I should be put down, don't they? I'm some sort of evil thing now." She couldnt help but think back to the look on James' face before Daemon had caught them when he realized what she was.   If she was anything like her Maker she would eventually turn into an evil creature with no qualms about hurting another person. She might actually come to enjoy it like he did. She didn't want to become like him.  

With her glass in hand, she knelt next to the pool and dipped her free hand in. Against her cool skin it felt hot, but didn't burn her. Why? Everything was different now. For the second time that night she caught a glimpse of her reflection and she hated what she saw. Adalynn wanted nothing more than to go back to how she used to be: The blonde haired nerd that studied too much, and had nothing but passing her next college course on her mind.

Danry
Admin

https://domainofdemons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:51 am

"Mhmm," he said simply, bringing the glass to his lips and taking a small sip. One of the few vices that Deacon had been able to enjoy was a nice glass of wine after a long day. But knowing that his answer might cause her some unnecessary confusion and anxiety, he decided to expand on it after swallowing his sip.

"It's just what they know. All I know, really. If you behaved like any of the rest of your ilk, i'd have done just that. But you're different, and i'd like to know why, and that's just the beginning." Deacon took another quick sip, then set his glass on the table.

"What i'm looking for is information that will benefit the both of us. You seem to have the urge to rip out throats, but something holds you back, which leads me to suspect that there is still quite a bit of humanity within you. That means there is hope for salvation. Also, if i'm being honest, i'd much rather get to know you than destroy or evict you." Perhaps it was the cold, analytical process that made him feel like a heartless killer. Maybe it was something about Adalynn that made him soften his reply. Whatever the reason, he didn't want her to feel like he was just waiting to kill her, or to experiment on her until he found what he was looking for.

"But the time for my questions will come later. For now, i'd rather you try to rest and ask me any questions you have for now. I'm happy to answer anything I can."

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:22 pm

Adalynn considered his answer, her gaze still locked on her reflection. She remained immobile for a few moments, then sighed and stood moving away from the pool of water.

"So I'm not normal, then. Not a human anymore, but not like the others like myself.. Whatever that is." She took a sip of the wine, sighing again, heavily. "Do you know what I am?" She looked at Ragnar, again chewing on her lip, thankful for the sanctuary she had been given, and the clarity; her thoughts being her own was a relief. "I don't know anything about what I've become. I ran as fast as I could away from that night, away from him that he never had a chance to tell me... I don't even know if he would have. I just.. I don't like not knowing what I am. I feel so lost..."

Adalynn felt like she didn't belong anywhere. Humans wouldn't accept her, repelled by whatever magic, however dark, had given her extended life. The creators she was like only wanted her to play with and torture, evidenced by Daemons fascination with her and relentless stalking. Not like she wanted to be worth that group anyway. It just terrified her to not know what she was, and having nowhere to belong made her feel lonely and out of place in the world. 'Maybe it would have been better if I died with them...'

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:38 am

Ragnar sighed heavily as he ran his fingers over his scalp. While he knew the answer to her question, he found it incredibly difficult to actually tell her, or even explain it. It wasn't as simple as saying she was human or vampire or demon or anything else for that matter. She was different. Unique. It was the reason that his superiors would have such an issue with her staying in the house. She wasn't just held in her creator's thrall, she had a forced obsession with him, and that would not be hard to break.

"Yes, I do," he started, taking another sip from his cup before gently setting it on the table. He stared at the crimson liquid for a moment, which reminded him of the grizzly scene in which he had found Adalynn, the lifeless corpse of his friend still laid out on the payment.

"You're not the first one we've encountered, but you are a part of a very rare breed." Ragnar took his phone from his pocket and opened an app. After scrolling around a little, he flicked his finger forward, which sent a projection of his screen onto the wall next to him. "You're a Vampyre, in the most basic of terms. There are five strains of Vampyrism, yours being the most rare form. You see most Vampyres have very specific needs and weaknesses, and generally follow the same traits. Most are beautiful and seductive, possessing an unquenchable thirst from which there is no escape."

As he scrolled, several pictures appeared of Vampyres in various states, none of which could be found on the internet. "Some are hideous and deformed, skulking in the shadows, stupid and thirsty. You, however, follow a different path. We call you sanguis daemonium, or Blood Demon. Not quite a Vampyre; you don't have most of the weaknesses they possess. You're not quite demon either. You have their strengths, but your own set of weaknesses." On the wall, the projection showed a picture of another one of her kind, though it was not her creator.

"You are unnaturally beautiful, which I doubt is any different from when you were human..." Ragnar couldn't help but flirt just a little. He was an Exorcist, not numb from the waist down. "...but you're stronger and faster than you ever could have been. You heal quickly. You can open your jaw wide enough to engulf someone's head if you needed to. But you're also susceptible to holy rites, fire can negate your ability to heal, and there's the Thrall, of course."

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:26 pm

"A Vam-... You've got to be kidding me..." Adalynn stared at Ragnar, a look of disbelief and bewilderment on her face. "There's no way... I can't-.. I'm not-... They're not real. They can't be. They're just fairytales." To say she had a hard time believing him would be a gross understatement. Vampyres were make-believe, stories for children and adolescents, some young adults. Looking back down into the pool of water she stared hard at her reflection. She wasn't more attractive that she had been, was she? There were no fangs protruding from behind her lips. There was no insatiable hunger for blood. Ew.

Moving away from the water she set her glass down, and shook her head. "How is that even possible? There.. There was no exchange of blood, there was no biting, I didn't actually die.. Did I? Oh my, God, am I dead?" Adalynn began to panic, fearing that she really had died, but when she felt her heart racing in her chest, she was able to force herself to calm. No, it couldn't be. If she were dead she wouldn't have a heartbeat. Sure, she was colder than normal, but her heart still beat, she still got hungry for regular food, which meant her bodies organs still worked. That wouldn't happen if she were dead. Right?

Taking a deep breath, she was able to bring herself back down from the verge of a breakdown. "Okay. If you're telling the truth, which I dont know why you'd lie, it'd be quite cruel to do so, and frankly I- no, getting sidetracked... anyway... If you're telling the truth how the hell did this happen? I can't be like the rest of them. I don't want to be that." Most girls her age would die to become what Ragnar was claiming she was, but Adalynn was not one of them. Adalynn wanted a normal life, to experience normal things, to be normal. Definitely not be a Vampyre.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:21 pm

"Hey, there are worse things you could be turned into. There are malevolent beings for just about everything nowadays, including bathroom functions." Ragnar tried to keep her calm by keeping the weight of the conversation down to a minimum, but there was only so much of that he could do before it would start sounding like he was just saying things to make her feel better. Ragnar was a straight-forward truth kind of guy, but he wasn't completely heartless.

"Honestly I don't know how it's communicated. I don't see any bite marks, but then again most vampires don't go for the neck anymore. Too obvious. Were you having sex with the man?" Blunt, honest, and to-the-point.

"Like it or not, you are what you are. But you choose who you are. What you are does not determine your future. What you are doesn't determine your outlook. What you are doesn't mean shit. The most revered priest could be a horrible person, and the lowliest of demons could act selflessly to save another. You determine who you are going to be."

Ragnar finished his beverage, then took his empty cup to the sink to rinse it out. "All this is new to you right now. You cannot drink a lake in a day. I'm happy to give you whatever resources I have so you can read up on it. If you'd rather be alone, I understand. But I can also stay if you'd rather not be alone."

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:38 pm

Adalynns face turned bright red. "No!" She gasped in embarrassment. "Of course not! He.. He attacked us! They just.. They waited until the light from the fire died out and they came out of the woods! It was bloody and horrible and I was most definitely not sleeping with him!" The notion of sleeping with her Maker made a violently ill feeling well within her.

"They came out of the dark and killed everyone. There was no warning, no mercy. I watched my friends get ripped to pieces. Daemon found me after the others had left. He.. He ran his fingers through my hair and whispered that he liked blondes." Adalynn visibly shuddered, his silky voice still fresh in her mind. "I felt like the life was being drained from my body, it was cold.. I felt so weak. Then he... He kissed me. And it all came back. When I had the strength to, I pushed him off me and I ran." She remembered running until she couldn't feel her legs and even then she hadn't stopped.

"I went to my friends funerals. I went to my funeral. And then I ran again. I dyed my hair, I bought new clothes.. But he still found me. The one time I thought I would be safe he took that from me, too." Her grief, still fresh and raw, made it feel like her chest was in a vice. Every second that passed made it tighten, pain nearly suffocating her. "So, no. I did not sleep with him. I would never crawl into bed with a monster like him."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:00 pm

"Sorry... i didn't mean anything by it." Ragnar felt that his jab might have been a little premature, as the wounds were still pretty fresh. But he couldn't unsay it, so he chose instead to just own it and move on. "Besides, you wouldn't have known he was a monster until after. They can be seductive creatures, and extremely nefarious. I wouldn't have faulted you if you had."

The information that she provided, however, set Ragnar's mind into motion. Maybe Adalynn didn't realize it, but she was giving him valuable insight into the way creatures like Daemon spread their strain, something they'd never had before. It gave him some hope that maybe those above him would not try to ban her, or worse. If she could be so helpful now...

"Adalynn, if I were able to persuade others in my Order to come visit you, would you be willing to tell them what you just told me?"

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:18 pm

Adalynn frowned at Ragnar. "Its okay. I can't change any of it now." She picked up her glass abd drank the remainder of the liquid before moving to the sink to wash it. "If they'll talk to me, sure. I've got nothing better to do." 'I can always make time to relive the worst day of my entire life. Especially for people who want me dead.' she thought bitterly.

"I know.. Kind of.. What I am, but what about you? What are you? You said I could call you Exorcist, but I thought that only applied to demons?" If Adalynn was going to be thrust into a world in which she knew nothing, she wanted as much information as she could get. "Also, if you have books on.. Me and.. Everything, I'd love to study up it. I need something to occupy my time. I can't imagine you'd want to sit around and babysit me. I'm kind of boring."

If Ragnar could provide her with something to do, she felt like she could go back to being who she used to be, and gain some of her old personality back. It would be a welcome reprieve from the horrifying reality in which she found herself. Plus, everything he was telling her now would make more sense if she had materials to compare it to and build her knowledge on. If she could figure out what had her so hooked to Daemon, maybe she could break it. Or, at least, avoid it.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:32 pm

Ragnar rubbed the back of his head, considering her question. "That's how we started out, yeah, but we've evolved quite a bit since then. Demons really aren't the only evil in the world anymore, so the term Exorcist kind of evolved. Now it means someone who uses spiritual energy to combat forces that align themselves with Corruption and Darkness. We're like Crusaders... just without the armor and the sword."

Really the history of the Exorcist was extremely fascinating to Ragnar, but he doubted that she would want to hear the whole story. "Anyway, there's quite a few of us now, but it's hard work, the hours suck, and the pay is... well you get the point." Ragnar worked his way away from the stairs and back toward the center of the room. Something told him that she wasn't ready to be alone just yet, though he couldn't really be sure.

"As far as books about you are concerned, we may have something, but it wouldn't be very comprehensive. If you wouldn't mind a suggestion, I would start with something a little broader. This is a world you never even knew existed before. It'd probably do you more good to know about that world rather than what you may or may not be. Here..."

Ragnar fished a book from the shelf in the reading corner and handed it to her. It was rather thick, and very heavy for a book, with an old weathered leather binding. "It can be a long read at times, but I promise there's good information in there."

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:15 pm

"What you consider to be a long read, and what I consider to be a long read, are clearly different." While it was a thick book, Adalynn was a fast reader with an eidetic memory. She wasn't the best by any means, but she could probably get through the book in two days. Tops. Several months ago, while she was in college she could have easily got it in in under a day.

She noticed, after examining the book, that he had been about to leave before she had asked her questions. He was probably going to talk to the others like him, and she had stalled him. Shifting uncomfortably on her feet, she held the book close to her chest, chewing on her lip. It was a nervous habit she had picked up. "If you have somewhere to be... I don't want to hold you up. I.. I'll just stay down here, if you dont mind."

Adalynn would have preferred to not be around anyone intent on seeing her dead.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:50 pm

In truth there were some conversations he needed to have. He had no doubt that word had reached the ears of the Clergy presiding above him, and rumor would spread even more quickly. But regardless of what was happening around them, his number one priority was to keep her safe. In his mind, Adalynn was an innocent, someone who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, but also a person who was trying to rise above what she had become. She wasn't giving in to the temptations of blood and death, but resisting them with all her might.

"Oh trust me, it's a long one. Maybe not lengthy, but after a while everything starts to clump together. It gets pretty boring at times. I think it'd be better if I stick around. That way, if you have any questions, you can just ask. Besides, having someone around helps to pass the time. Wouldn't you agree?"

Whether she saw through the fog of his words or not didn't matter to Ragnar. Adalynn seemed like a proud person to him, not overly so, but enough to feel uncomfortable in asking any favors from him. Perhaps it was the product of what he'd already done, some untold notion that she would have to, one day, repay his kindness. Perhaps it was more centered around a fear of appearing weak. Either way he had thrown her a bone, giving her an out, a reason to keep him around without actually having to ask him to stay.

Whether or not she took the bone was a different matter all together.

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:36 pm

Adalynn perked up just a bit, not willing to admit that she hadn't wanted to be alone. It wasn't that she was afraid of asking him to stay, she just didn't want to be an annoyance. Glad that he had agreed to stay, she shifted her duffle bag and pulled out her glasses and a hair tie. "I wouldn't mind the company," She spoke softly as she sat down with the book in her lap. Tying up her hair, Adalynn slipped her glasses on, furrowed her brow and took them off again.

Examining the item, she pushed the spectacles on her face, then immediately removed them again. Deciding to stay quiet about an unsettling discovery, Adalynn settled in a good reading position and cracked open the book, taking care to be gentle with its pages. "You've read this book before?" She asked, peering up at him. She imagined that he had, being who, or what, he was. He'd have to be educated on what he was fighting, and its origins to fully understand it, and be able to do... Whatever it was that he did.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2