If You Love Me

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: If You Love Me

Post by Machine Man on Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:43 am

After Gilda departed my chambers, I closed and locked the door. When you came back, despite the humble dress, I found myself again in awe of your beauty. There was something about your home-grown nature that I found extremely appealing. You weren't born and bred to be a princess. You weren't primped and primed since birth to exude an air of sophistication and entitlement. Your beauty came naturally, in the way you moved, the way you spoke, and the way you looked.

I guided you to the fireplace, which was around the corner a bit, away from the door so no one could possibly spy on us. My room was high up in the castle's structure, so not even someone on the outer walls and turrets could see. I sat you down in front of the fire, then sat behind you, taking you into my arms and holding you softly. Gilda had told me about the bruises and lacerations on your body, so I tried to avoid them as I comforted you.

"This is no imposition, Jezzie. Right now, you are safe. Sebastian cannot reach you here. In my chambers, he has no power over you. He does not exist."

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:26 pm

Leaning back against Titus, I sighed softly. His touch was so gentle. He seemed to understand that Sebastian had hurt me pretty badly as he was able to avoid any terribly sensitive area. He assured me that I was safe there, and I believed him. I knew that he wouldn't let any harm come to me, and I couldnt help but wonder why I couldn't have married him instead. He had always treated me lovingly, better than my actual husband had, always taking my thoughts and feelings into consideration even though I was less than he.

I let myself relax against him, and watching the flames I found myself beginning to get tired. Not wanting to move from that spot, however, I said nothing. I hadn't been held like that in ages, and I liked the feeling it gave me. I felt safe, secure and loved. He was warm, too, and that helped to alleviate the chill from my bones.

"Thank you, Titus. You have done so much for me. How could I ever repay you?" I didn't realize how softly I had spoken. On the verge of falling asleep, I just sat there with my husbands brother as if it were the two of us that were married instead.

Danry
Admin

View user profile http://domainofdemons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man on Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:53 pm

I wanted so badly to tell her the one thing I would accept as a repayment for my kindness and affection. One thing that could make sense of the heavens and the earth. One thing that would make me the happiest man on the planet. But I didn't say it. It would have been improper, and since it was the only thing I really wanted from her, I simply said: "Nothing. You've already given it."

I waited until she fell asleep in my arms, the fire causing our conjoined shadows to dance a wild waltz. The smell of her hair permeated the air, filling my lungs with a sweet fragrance that was unique in every possible way. Jezzie was the embodiment of a perfect wine, beautiful in your own right for so many different reasons.

After I was sure that Jezzie had drifted deeply I gently lifted her up and carried her carefully to bed. I was somewhat materialistic when it came to sleep; I believed in having only the finest quality available. The sheets and pillows were silk, as was the bottom of every blanket. Golden filigree was laced throughout the blankets and the bedposts. The frame was knotted alder and stained dark with cherry. A bed fit for a king, yet is was still less than Jezzie deserved.

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:31 pm

It had been so long since I had laid in a real bed that I did not stir, or even move as Titus laid me down in the sheets. I shifted slightly then let out a soft sigh of approval and content, my whole body relaxing. The bed itself seemed to hold me close, caressing me softly, comforting me even in my sleep. It was the best night of rest I had gotten since my arrival inside the castle walls.

The morning seemed to come too soon, and I did not want to get up. I murmured softly and turned my face into the pillows, hugging the blankets close to my body. I had slept for a long time, taking advantage of the peace slumber had given me. I was safe from Sebastians wrath, and his orders and early morning chores. I could relax in peace, even for just a little while. Eventually, however, I did have to get out of the bed, I was going to see my father later that afternoon, and I needed to make sure I was properly ready, and appropriately covered before I went to tbe village. There was no need for my brothers, or my father, to have to suspect mistreatment. Especially not now.

With a long, tired yawn I pushed myself up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes, pushing my unruly hair from my face. I would have called up on my handmaiden to help me into another tight fitting, uncomfortable silk gown, but I was in Titus' chambers and even if I begged her not to, she would most likely whisper rumors about why I had been there. I didnt need my husband thinking I was being unfaithful; he wouldnt even consider the fact that he had been the one to kick me out in the first place, he'd just assume I was spreading my legs for his brother. Oh the wrath I would face if he ever found out. Shaking the terrible thought from my mind I stood up out of the bed, and stretched, instantly tegretting that movement. Pain exploded down my back and I gasped raggedly, my legs nearly giving out from underneath me.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:23 pm

I had fallen asleep on the floor, only after locking up and making sure that no one would possibly walk in on us. A prince sleeping on the floor while his brother's wife, a woman with no nobility in her blood, slept on his bed? The scandal would be spoken of for years hence. When I awoke, Jezzie was still asleep, a deep slumber that might have been mistaken as death but for the gentle rising and falling of her chest. I had wondered about laying my head on that chest, and suddenly I remembered whom I was imagining being with and quickly tried to dismiss them.

When she woke, I sat up, leaving the covers on the lower half of my body, while the upper was exposed to the morning air. I moved more quickly, climbing up on the other side of the bed. "Easy, Jezzie. Get back here." My voice was commanding, but soft. I didn't want her to feel like I was ordering her around like my brother, but she needed to know that I meant for her to obey for her own health and well-being. Unwilling to take 'no' for an answer, I took her shoulders in my broad hands and stopped her, easing her back toward the bed.

"You're not going anywhere yet. Not until the physician has had a look at you. You will lay here while I send for her." Again, commanding yet gentle. "And not until you've eaten a proper breakfast. I will deal with my brother."

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:58 pm

I obliged Titus without question, too used to obeying the orders given to me. It was different, however, when he told me to do something versus Sebastian telling me to do something, and I found myself glad to do as he had asked. It was gentle, and for my own good, not because I was an annoyance. Lying back down on the bed, I closed my eyes waiting for the pain in my back to subside before I opened them again.

I was nervous for the physician to get to the room to examine me. I hadn't seen her in quite some time having given up on trying to heal my body after a beating since they were too close together to allow her remedies to work. I didn't like being examined either. I felt ashamed of the lacerations on my body, the bruises, the scars, and I didn't want anyone to see me as I was. So, instead I focused on the room. I hadn't taken time to really look at it the night before, I was in too much of a state to take in the details. More so on the bed. It was especially detailed, and very comfortable, silk everywhere. I found myself smiling a bit at it, but my smile soon faded.

"Titus..." I began slowly, my brow furrowing. "Please don't tell me that I had forced you to sleep upon your floor.." Immediately I felt a wave if guilt wash over me, a nasty feeling unfurling in my chest. Had I really been so selfish that I hadn't noticed until just then? How could I be so self centered? "You should have said something! I could have just as easily slept on the floor as I had in the bed." Perhaps it was a mistake for Titus to have found me last night.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:36 pm

I could feel my heart crumble inside my chest as she spoke of sleeping on the floor. Had she been degraded so much that she was accustomed to sleeping on the cold stone of the floor in place of a soft, warm bed? How far had my brother pushed her down? She may have come from humble beginnings, but sleeping on the ground was lower still. It made me wonder why he even kept her around; if Jezzie was such a nuisance to him, why did he force her to stay?

"Jezibelle," I started, my gaze locked on her as I hovered above. "I gave you my bed last night because no respected woman should have to sleep on the floor. And I..." It took every fiber of self-control I had to stop myself before I said something unforgivable. She would never want to see me again if she knew the truth, and I could not risk losing her because of the sin I held in my heart. I would not drag her soul to Hell along with mine.

So badly I wanted to kiss her...

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:48 pm

And I? His uncompleted sentence confused me. I started at him, frowning, but just as I opened my mouth to ask him to continue, the door opened and the physician walked in, along with one of his chambermaids with a tray of breakfast. It was the same woman from last night, Gilda, I could only assume that Titus trusted her immensely, as she was the only one to have seen me in his chambers, and yet no rumors had spread.

"Morning Your Highnesses." The physician greeted. "I have not seen you in quite a while Princess, I can imagine what you must have for me today." She was a polite woman, and formal towards those of noble blood, but she understood that sometimes those of royalty needed a bit more of a stern hand, even when it concerned their health. "Under normal circumstances, Sire, I would ask you to leave, but since this is a quiet matter I must ask you to stay while I examine her. Gilda has informed me, under an oath of silence, that the injury is mostly on the Princess' back and legs. We will take care that she is properly covered but if it is grave as it seems then we may need you here."

She told Titus, with an air of respect, to turn around, then instructed me to strip down to my slip and knickers, and to lie on my stomach on the bed. I did as asked, but as soon as I turned my back to lie down, I heard a sharp intake of breath, and I knew she had seen the worst of my bruises and cuts, perhaps even old scars that I had told no one about. My cheeks reddened significantly, but I remained silent and lied down.

"Prince, if you will join us now." She said quietly, pushing my slip up to expose my legs. The damage was less there, but no better. I felt shame burn through me, and wished she had asked Titus to leave. I didn't want him to see me like this, and so I turned my face into the bed to hide.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:18 pm

My steely facade melted at the sight of the deeply discolored skin. What everyone saw was face of incredible sadness. I was, at heart, a kind person, very gentle to my servants and my animals, and seeing the state of the one true love in my life sent me into an overwhelming grief. I held my breath, too afraid to speak, for I could tell that Jezzie was humiliated enough already. Careful not to add to it, I straightened myself out, then placed my hand on the back of her head.

Gently I worked my fingers between the strands of her hair, speaking with a voice soft enough to be almost inaudible. "It's okay, Jezzibelle. Fear not." I was doubtful that my words, few and quiet, would be enough to calm her embarrassment or her pain, but it was all I could dare speak in the presence of others. Underneath my sadness sat a cauldron on a fire, boiling over with rage and hate. My brother would pay dearly for this. I was going to put an end to it.

"Kind woman, do what you must to treat her. Spare no expense. If you need provisions, pay any price needed. Do you understand? And you, Gilda, I will hold you to your oath. Speak of this to no one. Do you understand?"

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:31 pm

"Of course, Sire." Gilda responded softly.

I appreciated the way Titus was handling everything but that didn't mean that I wanted him to see. Still hiding my face from him, I searched for his hand with my own and grasped it tightly. I knew whatever the physician was going to do was probably going to hurt, and right now he was my biggest support.

She instructed Gilda to get some supplies while she did an initial once over of my wounds. "Princess why did you not come to me immediately?" She asked. Her tone was not one of judgement, but I knew I could not have gone to her.

"This is not the worst it has been." I simply whispered. And it wasn't. I could not see the bruises and lascerations on my back, but what I felt was nothing compared to last time. The beatings had not been so bad in a while, and the worst had happened shortly after our wedding. I tried not to recall the terror and pain I felt then, but my body shuddered as if I felt it all over again.

I could feel the shift in her attitude to pity, and I clenched my fingers tightly. I should have never agreed to let the woman see me. I would have day up and redressed just then, but I was nearly nude and Titus was right there. I couldn't possibly. "Titus.." I bit my lip, "Tell her to stop.. Please.." I felt so humiliated, so weak, so small, I didn't want any of this anymore.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:25 pm

Jezzie's fingers around mind sent me into a brief state of panic. For a moment I actually allowed myself to believe that she cared about me more... saw me more than just her husband's brother, and her friend. The circumstances in which we found ourselves were highly inappropriate, but neither of us were concerned with propriety at that moment. The whole situation was inappropriate, but so was beating your wife to within an inch of her life and forcing her out of her only place within the castle.

I leaned down, my hand still wrapped around Jezzie's while my free hand brushed back her hair. I kept my face close to hers; even though she could not see me, I wanted her to feel like I was doing my best to maintain her dignity and modesty. "I know, my dear. But that is necessary. We only want to help." Without realizing it, I had began singing in her ear, softly and deeply. It was a lullaby, a song my mother used to sing to me when I felt scared.

The language was not native to the tongues of most in my kingdom, but it came from my heritage, meant to calm and soothe children when the storms crashed against our walls and the wind howled past our windows. I wanted the physician to have enough time to do what she needed to do to help the woman I loved, and to do that, I felt it best to try to take her mind elsewhere.

Machine Man
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:44 pm

Titus' soft lullaby helped to calm the storm inside my mind, and when Gilda returned I hardly noticed. I closed my eyes and let myself focus only on him allowing my body to relax, and let the physician do her work. There were times when I would tense, or flinch, grasping onto Titus' hand even tighter as pain rolled through my body, but I did not make a sound, and I did not move.

My stillness was not because I had self control. It was not because I wanted to be so. It was because my time with Sebastian had ingrained in my mind that if I moved, if I made a sound, without permission to do so I was going to get beat. Before my time in the castle I had never been abused. It took quite a long time, and a lot of pain for me to fall into the victimized, battered woman I was. No matter how badly it hurt, or stung, I knew I had to remain immobile because Titus had asked it of me.

Seemingly hours later the physician back up, and began to put her things away. "We are finished for now. I will need more supplies, and in order to fully utilize my healing remedies I will need to see you again tomorrow morning, Princess. Sire, I might ask you to turn around again so that I may wrap her up, and have her redressed. As promised I will speak of this to no one, but I do strongly urge you to come seek me out again for more medicines."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum