The Animal In Me

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Animal In Me

Post by Danry on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:21 pm

Far away from the castle, now little more than a torch burning brightly in the distance, Lex had found an old barn sitting on a plot of land left vacant for quite some time. The fields were full of weeds and the store of food had been overrun by mold and vermin. Despite this, however, the barn was still in good shape, and would certainly serve better than sitting out in the open. Storm clouds had been rolling in since they left the burning building, and the wind was quickly becoming fierce, howling through the open spots between boards.

There was no fire burning inside the barn, as Lex desired to keep their location hidden until they were well away from the horrible place of his rebirth. There were still some food worth eating in the fields, some fruits and vegetables that had been reseeding themselves since the tenants vacated the area. Those items Lex had picked and washed with water from the well. When he heard Liliya stir, he perked up and turned toward her, having never left her side while she recovered.

"I was beginning to wonder if you were just taking a vacation and sleeping. Welcome back," he said, placing a hand gently on her forehead, encouraging her to stay still. He had made a makeshift bed from some straw and an old bed sheet he'd found inside the farm house. It wouldn't have been the most comfortable thing by far, but it was better than the cold hard ground. Several blankets he had placed over her to keep her warm while the barn staved off the bitter cold wind.

Danry
Admin

View user profile http://domainofdemons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:22 pm

Pain and white noise. Static. Pulsing intervals of excruciating pain, wave after wave trying to pull her under, and suffocate her in the darkness.

Lexs voice cut through the fog, causing Liliya to force her eyes open again, breaking through the pain. Though seeing him so near, hearing his voice caused a new pain to well up inside of her. It was ridiculous, and she knew it wasn't his fault, but looking at him hurt. He was going to kill her while he was under the doctors control, he hadn't recognized her, and she had been helpless to stop him. Why did it hurt so badly? Liliya felt like her chest was caving in, her heart pumping ice through her veins. She had to push past it. He was alright now. And he was back to normal, he was her Lex again.

"If I were taking a vacation it would be somewhere warm and sunny." Liliya stared up at Lex, her voice raspy and soft. She tried to joke, but couldn't manage a laugh. "Where.. Are we..? Is it over?"

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:22 pm

The deep roar thunder rumbled through the land as snow began to fall. Those had always been Alexandre's favorite storms. The sharp lightning and roaring thunder was contrasted so perfectly by the soft snow that fell like Manna from the heavens. It was pure. It was soft. It was powerful.

"I don't know if it will ever be over for us. But for now, we've won. The doctor, your father, and your brother are dead. Right now we are miles away from the castle. It still burns over the hill." Lex turned and filled a cup with cold water and put it to Liliya's lips. "Drink," he said with soft authority, indicating that it was more than a suggestion but not quite a command, for who could claim dominion over a wolf?

"I found a barn to take shelter in. The land has been abandoned for a while, and the house was not sturdy. With the storm coming, I didn't dare risk it. But this seems better, and there is a cellar beneath our feet if need be." It was a truly fortuitous find, to be sure. While carrying the unconscious Liliya and eyeing the approaching storm front, the monster man had worried that they would be caught out in it, and that might have proven deadly to the girl, given her injuries. "For now... we are safe."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum