Sired: A Unique Bond

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Sired: A Unique Bond

Post by Danry on Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:25 pm

Freya opened her mouth to protest, as he was her priority, but his tone made her close it again. He was going to punish her if she disobeyed, she just knew it. But why, then, was he so concerned about her well-being? She was a tool, a weapon for him to wield, to use as he saw fit. She turned to stare at him, a wide array of emotions playing across her face. Confusion. Then fear. And concern. Back to confusion. Why was he kind to her? True, he was not Kol, but she was to be used. Again her hand went to the silver on her neck, fingers curling around the cool metal.

It took a moment for her to realize that she had not answered him, and her body went rigid. Did he think she was ignoring him? She wasn't.

"I-I... Uh..." Freya shook her head, frowning. "Contrary to most legends we are not required to sleep underground. All that is needed is a bed, and no direct sunlight, Master. But, the rooms are barren, and we need to get you a place to rest."

Danry
Admin

View user profile http://domainofdemons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:25 pm

"So a bed and wood for the windows. That should be easy enough." Though Scarin's power did not allow him to create, he did have another power that was just as useful. "I've got enough coin to furnish the homestead. Just don't get used to this place. Don't get too attached. We'll be moving around quite a bit." The dragon knew exactly how much money he had, and could make a very accurate guess as to how much Freya had on her. It was just a gift dragons had.

With a last look at the necklace, Scarin headed for the door, pulling it open, then hovering his hand over the wood. "Come, Freya. Let's find a good merchant and get the furniture purchased. We'll get a feel for the town, then come back to rest." The door glowed faintly blue, then faded almost instantly. The enchantment would ward the home from intrusion while they were gone.

Dragons were vulnerable while they slept, after all.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:26 pm

Freya nodded, taking one last look at the home before stepping out into the sun. The first few times she'd done that she was convinced she's burst into flames and die. But now she was used to the warm rays on her forever icy skin. She liked the way that the sun made her hair shimmer, and how it made her feel. Before she had been Turned there was so much she had taken for granted, the sun being one of them, but now she reveled in the way it felt.

"What do you wish to do first, Master?" Freya turned to Scarin, watching him, studying him. Kol had been nice to her at first, too. Told her that he'd never be like Finn, but then he found out what she was. And everything changed. Not this time, though. Freya was going to do everything he asked, no mistakes, nothing.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

"To the market, first. Come." Scarin's commands, though they were orders, were not barked like those of a military leader, but spoken more as a suggestion. He could not know that the Bond was strong enough to potentially make the words more forceful. The possibility never really occurred to him. What did come to mind, however, was the thought of Bonding with her more, sharing blood with his new ward to strengthen their Bonding. It was as exciting as it was useful. He wondered if Freya would try to resist him again, as she had before.

The dragon had no problem passing himself off as a native of the country. There was enough diversity inside the city walls to allow him some freedom with his appearance, though he kept his profile low and very human-like. If Freya was willing to go through so much to look the part, there was no sense in him ruining it by flaunting his reptilian lineage.

The bazaar was in full swing by that time, the pedestrian traffic somewhat difficult to penetrate due to the sheer volume of bodies occupying the space. Difficult, perhaps, for some, but not for them. The very nature of the pair provoked an unconscious response from those around them. Scarin was quite familiar with phenomena, referring to it as Dragon Fear. A human doesn't know what they're looking at when they see him, but something deep inside their heart tears at them, begging them to leave his presence as soon as possible without offending.

Freya, of course, was immune to such an effect, even without the Bonding, for a Vampire has little to fear anyway. The Bonding would have destroyed any remaining fear that she may have felt toward him as a dragon, but the emotional damage Freya had endured could not be so easily dispelled.

Locating a merchant with the proper merchandise was not easy, but soon enough a covered wagon came into view. "We'll have to get our furniture from a permanent fixture in the city. Take this and purchase whatever we need that they have, and have them deliver it as soon as possible. Come back to me when you are finished."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Freya nodded at his command, moving through the market. Her keen eyes took in all that she could see, where the roads led, what shops were where, and who ran them. It was important to know that information, and if she was ever asked about anything, she could easily answer as if she had been there her whole life.

The humans hardly gave her a second look as she passed by, but she didn't mind. The less they knew of her the better. Not necessarily for her, but for them. If Hunters caught wind of the two of them in the city they would torture information out of the humans. And the only deaths Freya wanted on her conscience were the ones she caused.

Nearing the merchant, Freya put in her best human facade. She only spoke to the merchant for a moment, getting what they needed for their temporary home, and scheduling the delivery for just then. That last part took a bit of compulsion, but it wasn't a big deal. She wanted Scarin to have what he wanted as soon as possible.

"I have finished, Sire." Freya said, as soon as she returned to his side.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:27 pm

Having given Freya leave to see to her appointed task, Scarin took a moment to view the square before. It didn't take long to figure out where the well-to-do sections of the city were and where the slums existed. Of course Cannontown was not a particularly large place, but its economic diversity was still very easily distinguished. While Scarin didn't move into either of those areas, he made a mental note of their location then went back to the market.

The middle class rarely had anything other than the standard species comprising them. The breed he was in search for would come mostly from the poor areas, but there would be a few among the affluent families unwilling to make public the knowledge that someone of their blood is more than normal. The torched mansion was tangible proof of that, even if that proof now existed only as scorched lumber and dead bodies.

When Freya returned, Scarin smiled. "Fine work, and quick. I appreciate that. If you keep this up, you'll be setting my expectations far too high." The dragon-man winked jokingly, then turned his eyes back upon the masses. "What did you acquire?" Scarin had to know what they still had yet to purchase before they left, as he did not want to make another trip into town until after the next sunrise.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:27 pm

"I have got beds, and dressers. They are being delivered to the house once the items are loaded." Freya kept her gaze low, though she made sure that nothing passed her attention. "What else do you need me to acquire for you?" As difficult as it was for her to refrain from saying "Master" she could not say it while there was the possibility of other ears as sharp as hers.

For some reason, Freya felt fiercely possessive of Scarin. He was her Master, and no one else could have him. It was an odd feeling because she has never felt that way about Kol. Perhaps it was because of their unique inter-species Bond.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:28 pm

Scarin shook his head, placing a hand on Freya's shoulder, a physical assertion of 'job well done'. After he adjusted her necklace, which had become slightly askew on her neck, the dragon moved his hand to the small of her back and gently guided her back to their temporary home. "Nothing, for now. Let's head back home and wait for the delivery. I saw a wine vendor along the road as well. How well do you hold your drink?" The question was more meant in jest, but she could take it however she wanted.

True to his word, Scarin halted their journey home to purchase four large bottles of ElderFey wine, said to be the nectar of the High Elves themselves. Scarin's tastes for drink were far more particular than his choice in food, though he would rarely be seen turning away a meal. But the way he devoured the soldiers from before, one would guess him to be rather savage in his habits.

Once they arrived, Scarin ended the spell on the door, then waited outside for the cart to appear.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Following her Master home, Freya kept her senses on alert. Not because of any threat, but a habit she had when she was in new places. Especially when her Master was so close by and out in the open. There was danger everywhere. The girl waited outside the home with Scarin, finding it to be difficult to focus her attention on just one thing.

'It's only for a while longer. I can show no weakness.'

Shortly after their arrival, the merchant showed up with his cart. There were too beds, and two dressers. One was a dark cherry wood with intricate carvings on the posts, the dresser matching the detail. The other was white birch wood, just as ornately carved as the first. Freya instructed the man, and his son to move the items into the home, the darker wood going to the master bedroom, the other going into one of the smaller rooms.

When they were finished, Freya pulled a gold coin from her pocket and gave it to the man as a tip and sent him on his way.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Satisfied by the delivery, Scarin reentered the house and took a deep breath. He needed to relax, and Freya needed to rest, so immediately he saw to taking an inventory of what they had and what they still needed. All the basics were taken care of, so he allowed himself a moment to let his mind and his body decompress. He first admired his furniture, then moved on to Freya's.

"Very nicely selected. Birch is one of my favorites. The roots grow shallow, and the bark makes a great back scratcher. But cherry smells wonderful. I find it humorous... as the paler of the two of us, you chose a white wood, while giving me the darker cherry to suit my ashen scales." The smile on Scarin's face, he hoped, would be enough to show that he was not scolding her, but complimenting and commenting on something that fascinated him.

"I believe a bath is in order. Something to wash away the grit and grime of the work we've done. The rest of the day is yours, however. Use it as you'd like." A mixture of strange feelings coursed through Scarin's chest, a small conflict which might have been visible on his face, if Freya were to look hard enough. It did not start until he'd told Freya to be free for the evening. What was the longing that he felt?

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:29 pm

Freya stood dumbfounded for a long moment. What did he mean when he said the rest of the day was hers? The poor girl didn't understand what that meant. She'd never had freedom to do anything before, so what was she supposed to do?

Dwelling on what it meant for a moment or so longer, she decided that if he was going to take a bath, she would put the items of clothing and trinkets away. Then once that was done she would settle down and figure out what to do next. So, she set upon her task of separating the obvious woman's clothes from the men's, then began to put them away. His clothes in his dresser, and her clothes in her dresser. She also took the trinkets he had purchased and put them on top of his dresser, laid out so they could be easily seen.

When she had finished, Freya put the bottles of wine in the kitchen. After that, she just stood, and waited. What else could she do?

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

A bath turned out to be just what Scarin needed. Keeping the water warm was not a problem, thankfully. Though he wasn't necessarily dirty, the hot water helped to relax his angry muscles and to calm his mind even further. Scarin was not an unreasonable being. Not harsh or insufferable like other would-be rulers of the world. The water gave him clarity unlike many of the things he had experienced before.

But more important than that, what really distracted the dragon was Freya. She confused him, fascinated him. Was it the Bond? There were so many new experiences associated with it, it was hard to tell. It bothered Scarin that he could not solve the riddle, so he decided to be more direct with her. Climbing out of the tub, Scarin dried off and exited the washroom, his trousers hanging loosely from his hips and his towel draped over his shoulders.

"Fre.... Oh. Uhm... have you been waiting here the whole time?"

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

The vampires unparalleled hearing picked up on Scarins footsteps, and she turned to face him as he walked into the room. "Yes." She said immediately, as if it were obvious. Then she wondered, was she supposed to have been doing something else? Fear wormed it's way into her mind, and she stared at her Master with wide eyes, almost panicked.

"W-... Was I not supposed to? Did I... Do something wrong?" Her tone was soft, but quite terrified. Scarin seemed surprised that she had been there, was she not permitted to be? Shifting anxiously on her feet, Freya caught her lower lip between her teeth to try to stop it from trembling. He was going to punish her, wasn't he? She didn't even know what she had done wrong! She didn't want to be punished, Freya was a good girl. All the clothes were put away, and the trinkets so they didn't get broken. The house wasn't a mess, the wine was put away. What did she do wrong?

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:30 pm

Sighing softly, Scarin wiped at his hair with the towel, trying to dry the dripping ends to stop them from wetting the floor. It was all too easy to just heat up his own body to dry himself off, but where was the fun in that? "Freya, sit down," he said with an air of authority. It was time to be a teacher, to guide his ward, or at least start her on the path. Once Freya had seated herself, Scarin strolled to the window and watched the sun float in the sky.

"Just because I am your Master, doesn't mean you are not permitted to have a mind of your own. I will command you. I will advise you. I will give you tasks which I expect to be performed to the absolute best of your abilities. I am not, however, a tyrant. I am not here to beat you when you think for yourself. If I wanted a damn slave I would have just enchanted a statue. I Bonded with you because I need someone I can trust. You didn't do anything wrong. When I tell you that you have the night off, that means I want you to do whatever makes you happy."

Turning back toward Freya, Scarin smiled, heading into his room to fetch a shirt, noticing that Freya had put all of his clothes and jewelry away nice and neat. Grabbing a dark long shirt, he went back into the main room, his eyes locked on Freya. "I didn't expect you to do all this... thank you."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:16 pm

"I don't know how to do that." Freya whispered as he left the room, frowning. Do what makes her happy? Have a mind of her own? She hasn't had a mind of her own since she was seventeen. That was over two hundred and fifty years ago. How was she supposed to remember how to do things she liked when it was so long ago? What did she even like to do?

Still seated when her master returned, Freya looked up at him, and nodded slightly. "I didn't do it because it was expected of me, Master, but you're welcome." Freya turned her gaze out the window, then looked back at Scarin. "Was there something you wanted to talk about? You seemed like there was."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:16 pm

After grabbing a bottle of wine, Scarin crossed the room to sit across from Freya. I single utterance of a magical word popped the cork free of the brim, allowing him to take a small sip to test the drink.

'Sweet... fruity... light but deep... a good wine.'

Scarin took a longer draw from the bottle, then offered it to Freya by placing it on the table in front of her and gesturing toward it. "I want you to tell me more about the Bond. So far my knowledge is very limited. I know that you are now bound to me, to serve my wants and needs. It seems to compel me to do certain things, or to know things I would not normally know about you. Tell me what else it does."

As much a command as it was a request, Scarin's statement was the most direct way he could think of to learn about what they shared and what remained private. So many questions about the Bond circulated through is mind, but he chose to keep them to himself until Freya had time to respond. He almost felt bad keeping her awake any longer, but he had to know for sure what he was dealing with. Then, he would make sure she rested well and recovered.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:17 pm

"The Bond is complicated." Freya sniffed the wine, before taking a tentative sip. "We have a weak Bond. The weakest type of Bond has basic attributes. You know things about me you have no way of knowing, like my decade long dark period. I can pull you to my location through my blood, and I will always know where you are."

Staring at her hands, she continued with a sigh. "When vampires Bond we only require the weak one as usually the Sire, the Master, has many under him. But it can be strengthened. A strong link between us will give you access to my memories. I will be able to sense when your life is in immediate danger, and I can blink to your exact location. We will be able to sense each other's extreme emotions. I will feel your rage, not your anger. I will feel your grief, not your sadness, and so on. And you will feel mine." Blood exchange was required to strengthen the Bond, but she assumed he knew that, given how it was established in the first place.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

"It sounds like a powerful magic indeed," Scarin said, considering her words carefully. What she said made perfect sense. It accounted for the compulsions he'd felt after the Bond was complete. What intrigued him further was the prospect of sharing memories, the ability to see each other's pasts as if they stared out the window. Their bond wasn't strong, yet. It would be in time, if he had any say in the matter.

"This has been very informative. Thank you for enlightening me. Now, to go bed and rest. We'll start in the morning. We've so many souls to find and not as much time to find them as I had originally hoped." Gesturing toward her room, Scarin imparted the command to her firmly, as if to say that she was required to rest and regain more of her strength. She was already more powerful than most of the things living on the planet, but he wanted her at peak shape.

"If you get scared, you may come to my bed," he added as he moved toward his own room, smiling and winking to show he was teasing her.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

"Yes, Master." Freya seemed confused by his last statement, but just pushed the thought aside and entered her room, closing the door behind her. Her bed was against the far wall away from the window, so even with dark curtains hanging over it the sun did not reach her. With blankets and pillows already on her bed, she shed her clothes and crawled under them, settling against the cool fabric.

For a moment her body resisted sleep, her thoughts lingering on what Scarin meant by her going to his bed if she got scared. Was that... Did he want her to sleep with him? He had winked. But before Freya could figure out what he had meant by those words, her body shut down, exhaustion consuming her, pulling her down into the dark abyss of sleep.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:18 pm

The night was a peaceful one in the newly purchased home. It was dark. It was quiet. There was a stillness that froze the wind outside, silencing the quiet voice of the gods as Freya fell into her deep sleep. As soon as her mind relinquished itself to the Sandman's invisible serenade, Scarin felt as if a small weight was lifted off the back of his neck. It was no where near painful, but it was almost as if a fog had been suddenly cleared away by the warmth of the sun.

Sleeping, however, did not come as quickly to the dragon. He could go weeks without sleep if he wanted to, but there was a lot on his mind as the moon continued to travel the sky. Plans had to be made, armies formed, recruitment completed. But out of all of the things circling Scarin's mind, the only thought he could focus on was the Bond and what it meant.

While he was grateful for Freya's explanation, it left him just as curious as to what they could do if their Bond was strengthened. How much could they accomplish if they were to come deeper into sync with each other?

When finally Scarin was able to partake of the sweet nectar of sleep, his mind quieted down, allowing him to sleep peacefully for several hours.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:18 pm

Freya slept for what felt like an eternity, but was, in reality, only several hours. When she woke up, she stared at the ceiling, the sun had been set for quite a while, the room dark and quiet. Her eyes felt heavy, but she forced herself to sit up, running her fingers through her tangled locks. Earlier in the day Scarin had taken a bath, and at that moment Freya decided to take one as well, as it sounded heavenly. It had been a long time since she'd been able to relax in such a way.

Drawing the water, and settling in, Freya sighed as she let herself sink down into the water. Dirt and grime and blood washed away, leaving her feeling cleaner than she had in a very long time. As she got out of the bath, wrapped in a towel, she was on her way back to her room when a thought entered her head. What had Scarin meant when he suggested her going to his bed? Did he want to sleep with her?

It wouldn't have been the first time, but she'd hoped that time was over. Turning around and heading back towards her Masters room, slowly pushing open the door, Freya stood backlighted by the moon. Her hair was dripping wet, and the towel barely clung to her body, but for a moment she just stood in the doorway.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:19 pm

Scarin valued sleep almost as much as he valued unique and priceless items. That night, however, sleep was somewhat troublesome. Strange dreams haunted his mind the whole night through, random incoherent images and sounds and smells. It was chaos, like a battlefield, where soldiers could barely tell the difference between friend and foe. The dreams were so torrential, in fact, that it caused Scarin's eyes to open before his rest was over.

It took only a few seconds to realize that he was not alone in his room, though it wasn't clear that he was actually awake. Blinking rapidly, trying to clear the haze of restless sleep, Scarin started to sit up, the blanket falling loosely into his laps, revealing his lower abdomen, barely covering his lowers.

"Freya... what's wrong?"

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:19 pm

Scarin seemed confused. Freya didn't understand at first, as she stared back in silence. She had thought he wanted her in his bed. To keep from embarrassing herself, she turned her gaze from his near nakedness, clutching her towel a bit tighter to her body.

"I was just.. passing by, and.. I heard you move." Freya cast a sideways glance at him, stepping back out of his room. "I had to make sure you were alright. Forgive me for disturbing you, Sire."

With a tinge of pink on her cheeks, she retreated further, turning and going back to her room. How stupid could she be? Thinking he wanted to sleep with her? Once she was back in her room, she pressed her back against the door, covering her face with her hands. 'Stupid... He's not Kol... He's not Finn...' It was something Freya had to continually remind herself of, as it was easy to forget.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:20 pm

"Wai..." Too late. She was already gone. Furrowing his brow, Scarin let his confused request disappear in the dark, allowing silence to return to the room. Had to make sure he was alright? What had he done to make her suspect that something was wrong? It was confusing, and somewhat disappointing. Freya was a very attractive woman, one that he would enjoy spending time in bed with. But she wasn't interested. Or was she?

Confused beyond belief, Scarin rolled over and moved to the window, which he opened to allow the night's cool breeze to enter. He stood nude in front of the window, his eyes fixated on the moon as it made it's way through the nighttime sky. What a beautiful moon it was. Almost full, but still plenty bright enough to light up the landscape. Everything was still and quiet, but still the dragon could not shake the feeling that something was wrong.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:20 pm

Freya heard him call out to her, but she remained in her room, with her back against the wall. It would do no good to turn around and go back to him, especially since she was convinced that she was just going to make an arse of herself. Instead, she moved to the window, and let the moonlight caress her skin, as her towel fell from around her body.

It wasn't that she wouldn't want to climb into bed with Scarin, he was quite attractive, but she had just met the man. Now, she wasn't pure, not even close, but even she had morals higher than that. Freya sighed, closing her eyes, with a shake of her head.

"I'm an idiot."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum