Domain of Demons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond the Shadows

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Beyond the Shadows Empty Beyond the Shadows

Post by Machine Man Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:29 pm

The breeze was cool and crisp that September morning. The leaves, once green and lush, and turned brown and brittle, littering the ground like a mass grave around the oaks that once held them aloft. The clouds overhead hung ominously in the sky, dark and thick, threatening to pour a deluge on the earth below them. A pair of feet, not very large at all, trampled the crunchy leaves under his sneakers until they reached a clearing, a rocky beach surrounding a large, murky lake.

Kit, a young boy with dark hair and olive skin, stood at the edge of the water, skipping stones along the surface with his small hands. For his age, he was not tall, nor was he built like some of the other boys he knew. But he was smart, and that intelligence had saved him from witless bullies time and time again. He was different from the others, easy to pick on, and that made him a target.

Gingerly, the young boy lifted another stone from the pile at his feet, but stopped to examine it more closely than the others, for it felt... odd in his fingers. He stared intently, rubbing the surface with his thumb, feeling the grooves where something had been, apparently, etched into the rock face. A sudden wave of nausea passed through him, causing him to shut his eyes tightly just before blacking out.

When he awoke, it was still morning. The clouds had cleared almost completely, washing the land in warmth and light. Kit rubbed his eyes as he sat up. He remembered the rock and searched for it, figuring that he had dropped it when he fell, but he did not find it. Kit knew he wasn't overlooking it; the image of the etchings, the feeling under his skin, he remembered it all perfectly.

Disappointed, Kit stood and slowly returned home. As he approached, he noticed several cars in the driveway, discovering only as he got closer that they were police vehicles. Fearing the worst, Kit sprinted to the front door, shouldering it as he turned the handle and bursting inside. He called for his parents, frantic and panicked, but immediately felt some relief when he heard their footsteps coming toward him. The family embraced, and the officers' softened their gazes, no longer afraid.

Then the questioning began. Where had he been? What had he been doing? Why didn't he come home? Confused, Kit answered their questions as best he could, then waited until he could ask one of his own. Why were they behaving so strangely.

"Kit," they replied solemnly, the look of concern having returned to everyone's faces. "... you have been gone for three days."

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Beyond the Shadows Empty Re: Beyond the Shadows

Post by Danry Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:02 pm

"Alec!"

The deep rumbling voice of Jarrod pierced the peaceful silence. The young girl felt panic being to well within her chest. No. Not this soon. Her bruises from the last time had barely begun to heal.

"Alec!"

His voice got louder, heavy footsteps falling across the wooden floor, and she began to shake. "If I have to call you one more time you little bitch.." His voice trailed off, she could now hear the slur in his words; he was drunk again. Hastily, she scrambled to her feet darting for her closet just as the door slid open.

Disappearing into the secret panel she had dug for herself, she sat silently, huddled in the dark. She heard her step father enter the room, and he made his way towards her hiding spot.

"I know you're in here, you can't run from me." His voice seemed to grow darker, deeper, holding a hatred she hadn't noticed before. Her heart beat loudly in her chest, fear swelling inside her. "Come out, come out, where ever you are." He hissed, and her closet door opened. He was so close. Alec clamped her hand over her mouth, drawing her knees close to her chest, her eyes wide and focused on the door to her secret spot. "I know where you are, Alec.."

The small panel opened, he reached in for her grabbing her by the wrist and yanking hard.

Alec screamed and sat upright in bed, her eyes wide with fear, a cold sweat covering her body. Shep, her Belgium Maltese, whimpered and curled against her, rubbing his head at her side as if to reassure her. Multiple items in the room dropped to the floor from where they'd been hovering, making a mess of the place. Outside her window a neon light flashed telling other weary travelers of the vacancy the hotel had.

It was just a nightmare. Alec had escaped him twelve years ago, she didn't need to fear him anymore. He had never found her hiding spot, she had been safe there. She was safe now, hiding out with her guard.

Shep whimpered again, and she sighed softly, placing a hand on his head. "I know buddy, we are alright. We are safe." Looking around the room she saw the mess that had been made, but she decided it could wait when she looked at the clock and saw how early it was. She had only been asleep.for about an hour, and wanted more rest before she left the hotel.

As she laid back in bed, Alec went over the things she had to do the next day, before sleep finally overtook her once more.

Danry
Admin

https://domainofdemons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:13 pm

Kit made it to work early, as usual. He didn't have any reason to sleep in, so he usually didn't. He had stopped at the corner market along the way as he had done every morning for coffee and a bagel, which he consumed along the way. "The Office" was an auto body and mechanic shop, only a couple of miles from his apartment. No sense in taking a vehicle there, so he chose to walk.

Most of the morning was quiet, with only some minor work to complete. His first challenge came around noon, when a regular brought his '72 Chevelle. A bit of a restoration project between himself and the owner, Kit got a kick out of working on the old muscle machine. While he saw the appeal of new technology and enjoyed it thoroughly, there was something almost magical about getting his hands dirty in a forty year old engine.

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:35 am

It was noon before Alec had opened her eyes again, thankfully having no more mightmares. Groggily she rolled out of bed made her way into the bathroom. After a quick shower she emerged, patting Shep on the head as she dug in a duffle bag for her clothes. "So, here's the plan." She spoke to her dog as if he were a human companion. "First, I'm going to feed you, then go get some coffee. We will take a short walk so you can potty, after that we will find a mechanic that takes walk ins and search for apartments while we wait. Sound good?" Shep barked once in agreement, and she laughed. "Good."

About an hour later they were loaded in her small car and headed towards the city. The hotel she was at was a few miles outside of the city limits, a small place off the beaten path. Alec was hoping to find an apartment that was the same, but dog friendly.

Not too long into their drive she spotted what looked like to be what she was looking for. "The Office?" Alec frowned. That didn't sound much like an autoshop, but it looked like one. "What do you think? Should we stop?" A single bark from her companion, and she nodded. "Okay. We'll try it." Putting her blinker on, and slowing, Alec pulled into the parking lot, put her car in Park, and stepped out. She didnt see anyone right away so she kept her car running just in case.

"Hello? Uhm, excuse me? I, uh, I was wondering if you take walk ins?" Alec called out, kind of softly, unsure about the place.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:01 pm

With half his body draped over the front end of the Chevelle, Kit was reaching deep into the engine, a socket wrench in one hand and a flashlight in his mouth. His earbuds pumped a steady stream of Linkin Park and Metallica, loud enough to block out most of the ambient noise around him. So engrossed he was in his work that he failed to notice the woman asking for service.

Kit pulled himself out of engine compartment and turned to fetch another part, nearly jumping out of his skin when he caught sight of the female. With wide eyes he jumped back hastily pulling his earbuds out with an awkward smile on his lips.

"Oh, sorry... I didn't think anyone would come in this... early? Oh damn it's not early." Kit ran his fingers through his dark hair, forgetting that they were both covered in black engine dust.

"Sorry. What's.. how can i help you?"

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:24 pm

Just about ready to leave, Alec was about to turn around when she caught sight of movement. The guy saw her and jumped, startling her as well. It seemed he hadn't heard her because he was listening to music.

"Oh, I didn't mean to bother you.. I just wanted my car looked at. It's nothing major or anything, but if you're busy.." She trailed off shifting on her feet, casting a glance back at Shep, who was watching her from the front seat. "I could go somewhere else.. you look pretty deep in that car."

Was he there alone? No one else was there working with him? Alec chewed on her bottom lip, shifting again on her feet. She wasn't necessarily afraid of him, but her nightmare from the night before, and the reason for her need to get her car looked at had put her on edge. Jarrod was out there somewhere, trying to find her, and she couldn't afford to let him find her. Ever.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:26 am

"Oh no, you're fine. This is sort of an... on-going project." Kit chuckled a little and started toward the garage door. It didn't take an act of genius to know which was her's, considering it was the only parked car he didn't recognize. The others belonged to his co-workers, and the ones that didn't were ready to be picked up by their owners. Plus it was the only car that had a dog inside it.

"You didn't have to leave Rover in the car, you know? We're not exactly the Ritz Carlton. If you tell me that's what's wrong with your car though, i'll have to warn you: I'm totally a dog person." Obviously Kit didn't feel the need to be guarded around this young woman, as he was pretty easy going anyway. She didn't look like any of the girlfriends whose men he'd beaten in the ring, so there was no reason to be on edge.

"So tell me what it's doing? Or.... not doing."

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:11 pm

Alec looked at her car, tapped her thigh once, and turned back to the mechanic. Shep pawed the door until the window was down enough for him to get out of the car. Pawing over to her side, he sat and looked up at the strange man.

"It's nothing major, really. The air conditioning isn't working, and I don't know why, and my steering wheel shakes when I go over 60mph. It's not really a big deal, but with Shep in the car I want to make sure it's safe." Alec ran her fingers through her dogs fur, feeling reassured that he was there with her. "I'm Alec, by the way." She tried to be as friendly as she could manage, but her nerves were still shaken up by the close encounter she had in Chicago, and her nightmare just hours before.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:57 pm

Kit's eyes followed the canine as it moved to its master, staying close to her, protecting her against any threats, known and unknown. It was one of his favorite qualities about a dog. As long as one was good to his dog, the dog would would love and protect them with his life. It was only Alec's self-introduction that brought his attention away from the Shepherd and back to the girl and her car.

"Kit. Nice to meet you," he replied with a smile, offering his hand. "A dog like that needs a working AC. The coat keeps them very warm in the summer. Not that you didn't know... that. Ahem... well let's take a look." To avoid further embarrassment, Kit opened the passenger door, unlocked the hood, then propped it up. He held his hand over the engine block to test it temperature then, feeling that it hadn't been running long enough to heat up, started to work.

"Usually it's just a bad heater coil, or maybe the thermostat. I hope it's the second one... And the shaking is probably just that you need a balance and rotation. Maybe an alignment. When was the last time you had that done?" Shoving his hands inside an engine block, or a computer, usually brought things into perspective for Kit. It brought a peace of mind that he was generally lacking in his life.

"I can fix it either way, but it might take a while. Do you live to far away to pick it up tomorrow?"

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:55 pm

"I don't really know the last time I had anything done to it.." She trailed off, watching him with a tilted head. "And I live at the hotel down the road. For now. Shep and I were going to search listings for apartments in the area. Pet friendly of course."

Alec knelt down and pulled a treat from her pocket, holding it in her hand. Immediately Shep stood up, watching her intently. She pointed at the ground, and he laid down looking at her, she motioned for him to wait, then back up several spaces, before kneeling down again. "C'mon." Still down low, Shep crawled over to her, gave her a high five, then sat down with his tail wagging. "Good boy." She held out the treat for him and he gently took it from her palm as she rubbed his head affectionately.

"Do you know how much it would cost?" Money wasn't an issue for her, no matter what he wanted to charge, but she had an image to keep and didn't want him to catch on that she had no expense issues. "Just an estimate. I know that you won't really know until you get in there and really look."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:47 pm

Kit paused for a moment, thinking of the parts he would need and about how long it would take him to install. "If it's just the thermostat, about a hundred dollars. I haven't done a heater coil in this model, so i'm not sure, but probably two or three hundred. I wouldn't know until I actually start digging around." While the gears turned on that, another set were turning in a different direction.

Kit's apartment was paid for outright. He owned the entire building, a gift from his late mother, dead eight months prior after a lengthy battle with cancer. It wasn't a lot, but there was more sentimental value there than what could be replaced with dollars. But bills were starting to add up, and he had been meaning to post a listing for the apartment, as he had just finished renovating it, but work had kept him busy enough to push it out of the front of his thoughts.

"You know," he began. "If you're looking for a place, I know an apartment for rent. It's not super nice or anything, but I bet it's better than a hotel room. Plus I know the owner, so I could probably put in a good word for you." Kit spoke as he dug around in the engine, then paused before going to a cabinet near the garage door. From it he pulled an AC recharger and hooked it up.

"This should fix the AC. What'cha think Shep? You need a cooler car to ride in?"

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:15 pm

The dog barked once, happily, at Kit his tail wagging. He seemed to agree with the man, and while Alec had been weary of him before, Shep was an excellent judge of character. If he liked Kit then Kit was alright.

"Seems he agrees with you," she laughed. "So, this apartment... it's pet friendly, yeah? Would you mind talking to the owner? I'd like to get out of that hotel as soon as I can and if I can set up a time to see the place I'd really like that." While the hotel was comfortable, it also left her name on paper for a certain amount of time. If Jarrod ever thought that she'd travel this way, he could see that she had spent time there and assume she had stuck around instead of moving on.

It had been a technique she had used quite often. Stay at numerous hotels only for a night, so it looked as if she moved on quickly. After her last close call she had barely stayed even that long. "Between you and I, Shep thinks the guy at reception smells funny." Alec made a pathetic attempt at making a joke, to try to lighten the way she was feeling.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:48 pm

"Mmhmm, he's good with pets," Kit said as he took a rag in hand to wipe his dirty fingerprints off the paint. "Used to have a Beagle. Old blind thing used to lay out on the front porch in the sun all day. Just laid there sleeping, just waking up to eat or go to the bathroom, until the day he didn't." There was no reason to tell Alec that the dog was his. Kit had come to terms with the canine's demise, and was actually glad that the animal passed before he did. A human heart, in his opinion, was easier to heal than a dog's.

Once Alec's car had been freed from his fingerprints, Kit grabbed a clipboard from a shelf next to the door and began writing down some vehicle information. Plates, VIN, mileage, and the like, which would help him identify the car later, as well as protect him from certain liabilities. "I'm about to go to lunch. I could show you where it is if you want. I just walk to work usually so it's pretty close. Plus the landlord will be there so you could ask him any questions you have while you're waiting for your car."

Again another omission of all the details. It was fun to pretend that the landlord was actually a different person. It added to the mystery surrounding their meeting. Kit was a man who liked to have fun, even if the last year had been a very somber one. He felt like smiling was important for everyone's health and well-being. A positive attitude could go a long way in the effort to preserve life.

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:00 pm

The way Kit spoke about the dog led her to believe it was his, but she didn't push. Even still, it made her wonder if he was leaving out certain information because he made it seem as if either he lived there as well, or he was the landlord himself. Again, she chose not to push it, and left it alone. She would know soon enough.

"Whatcha think, Shep? You up for a walk?" A happy yip was her response, and she nodded. "Alrighty. Let me grab my bag.." Alec murmured to herself, and reached into the car grabbing a small backpack. It had a decent amount of cash inside, as well as as bowl and water bottle for Shep. It also had a few treats for him hidden in the pockets for when he was a particularly good boy. "I don't leash him, is that a problem?"

Alec had a leash for Shep, she just didn't like to use it if she didn't have to. He was well trained and didn't require a leash, he knew his commands, and always stuck close to her, only deviating when protecting her. "My good boy doesn't need a leash, hm?" Kneeling down in front of Shep, she waited for Kit to lead the way, not bothered that she was walking with a complete stranger. If he tried to do anything to her, Shep would tear him apart before he could even get close.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:57 pm

While Alec prepared herself, Kit stowed his tools in their proper places and waited. It wasn't a long walk to his building, so having Shep along wouldn't be a problem. "Naw, shouldn't be. It's a pretty quiet area for traffic so I doubt anything will happen. C'mon, it's this way."

"So new around here, huh? Not sure why you'd pick this particular town to shack up in but i guess there are worse places. I mean... Detroit is kind of a dump, right?" It was easy for Kit to make small talk with the unfamiliar girl. She didn't know him, which meant no pressure. He didn't have to tell her about what he did, or what his childhood was like. She didn't know what the others knew. Word traveled fast in small towns like that one, but it was all old news.

When they reached Kit's apartment, he paused on the sidewalk so she could take it all in. "Well here it is. Like I said... not a five star place, but not a dump either. Takes a lot to keep up with an entire building all on your own, you know? My place is down here on the main floor, but the vacant space is above it."

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:17 am

Alec took in the building, admiring it with a keen eye. She appreciated architecture, and it was quite a modest building. "I like it. It looks homey." She smiled at him, then turned her gaze down the street and back again. "Neighborhood doesn't look too bad either. Definitely better than where I lived in Chicago, anyway."

"Would you mind if I went and took a look inside?" The fact that he lived on the first floor flat didn't seem to bother her. A lot of landlords lived in the building they rented out. Alec had come to the silent conclusion that Kit was actually the landlord, and it didn't bother her that he omitted that information. It actually put her a little at ease, somewhat. If he had said he had an apartment to rent the likelihood that she would have taken him up on the offer to see it would have been greatly reduced. Though, it did make her wonder what other details he had decided not to share. Like if he was a murderer or not.

"I've been to loads of places, so I'm new everywhere. I travel a lot for perspective and experiences. Plus it helps with my portfolio." Kit was not the only one leaving out details. Alec had left out the main reason she could never settle down: Jerrod. He haunted her waking life as well as her nightmares. There was never a peaceful moment in her life. But he didn't know that, he didn't have to know, he wouldn't know. If Jarrod ever found her here, the first person he'd look at to see if he could follow her would be Kit. He lived on the first floor. He fixed her car. He was the first person she interacted with. The less he knew the better, for both of them.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:33 pm

"No no, go right ahead. Nothing in there, so it isn't locked." The ascent up the stairs was relatively noisy, with old wooden stairs that, while very sturdy, creaked and moaned underfoot. The banister was also real wood, and all of it had been recently refinished. At the landing was a window, then the stairs reversed direction and took the two up to the vacant apartment. The doorway was relatively standard, wooden with a brass handle and deadbolt.

"It's an older building so there are some little quirks here and there. But I tried to make it nice again." Opening the door, Kit stepped aside and allowed Alec to enter. The floors were all hardwood, recently refinished and polished so that the natural light through the windows gave it a nice shine. The counters were a dark granite, and the cabinets had all been painted white.

"It used to have this god-awful tile in the bathroom and carpet everywhere else... even the kitchen. That had to go. I also knocked down some of the walls and made it more open. All the plumbing and electrical have been updated as well, but I cleaned up all the switches and made sure everything is up to code. Tried to keep the charm though."

True to his word, Kit had put a lot of work into that apartment, far more than he had put into his own. He always promised himself that he would get around to updating his space, but life and... other things... tended to get in the way. Plus he was almost never home, so it was not exactly a priority.

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:21 pm

Walking through the apartment in silence, Alec examined it thoroughly, loving every detail. She went into every room, and noted the subtle touches here and there. But where there was beauty, there had to be a heavy price. While she was not pinched for funds, she liked to keep a budget, and it seemed this place would be out of her reach.

"It looks amazing. I love everything about it." She smiled at Kit, turning her gaze back out to the apartment. "I'm afraid it might be out of my price range, though."  She chewed on her lip, sighing softly. It would be nice to be able to afford it, it was on the edge of the city, it was in a good neighborhood. If Kit was the landlord, she might not have to give all information to rent it. The less information she had to give, the less likely Jerrod would find any trace of her.

Depending on how much he wanted monthly for it, Alec might have been willing to alter her budget a bit. What were the chances of finding something this decent for a good price anywhere else? Probably very low. She hoped that it was reasonable.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:59 am

Kit shrugged his shoulders as he wandered the space, inspecting his handiwork and grimacing at the amount of dust that had collected. No matter how often he cleaned, the old building just seemed to accumulate dust faster than anything he'd ever seen. "Oh you'd be surprised. If you can do $800 a month, it's your's."

No matter how much he wanted to keep it a secret for a little while longer, there wasn't any way to avoid it forever. She'd have to find out that he was the owner of the building one way or the other. If she took him up on the offer, he'd have a few days at most. "I don't have time to find another tenant, and i'm pretty picky. So i'll make you a deal. I'll cut you a break on the rent, and you help me keep up with the place."

Kit figured it was a reasonable enough offer. Places in the neighborhood were going for over a grand a month, so the price seemed good to him. If she could help him keep up with the cleaning and whatnot, it was worth a little less coming in from rent.

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:56 pm

"Really?" Alec watching walk about the space, and she mamaged to contain her excitement, but just barely. "I can manage that. I would be more than happy to keep up with it if that is all it takes. It would be a shame for this place to remain empty for too long."

She glanced down at Shep wiggling her eyebrows a bit, as a small smile appeared on her lips. They didnt have much to move, perhaps a few boxes, and her dogs things, but that would barely take a day to get all of it inside the apartment. Had they found their temporary home so quickly? It seemed as though things were turning around for them. Maybe they could stay there for just a bit longer than normal. She likes the views, and the building itself felt homey, and welcoming. Alec could see the two of them happy there.

Plus, as an added security bonus, the stairs creaked and groaned. That would alert her and Shep to anyone approaching the dwelling.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:39 pm

"Really really," Kit said with a smile. She was an ideal buyer, really, willing to put in a little work so he didn't have to worry about it. Of course there was also a possibility that he would have to use his handyman skills, but that was much better than working at the shop all day, then going home and working until bedtime.

Kit knelt down, letting Shep sniff his hand before he started scratching the Aussie behind the ear. It would be good to have a dog in the house again, even if it brought up sad and happy memories every time Kit looked at the canine. "You can move in right away if you want. Well... as soon as your car is ready. Do you need any help?"

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:54 pm

"Excellent. When the car is finished I can go get our things. Its not much, I don't think I'll need any help. Its only a few boxes, anyway." Alec didn't like to travel with too much luggage. It only burdened her, dragging her down and making her escape slower. The first time she had to move after her escape from Jerrods clutches, she had to leave behind more than ninety percent of her things. Beds, clothes, dressers. It had been an extremely close call and she wasn't going to have that again. Since then, nearly ten years ago, she traveled lightly, only bringing essentials with her.

"Thank you for letting us stay here, renting the apartment, I mean. It means a lot." Alec didn't need her car to transport some of her things. The walk to the garage wasn't long, and most of their stuff was in the trunk. It would be easy to get their stuff into the apartment. Not only that, but her name only had to be on the register at the hotel for one night. Things were looking like they were turning around.

"Ya hear that, Shep? Welcome home." She indicated the apartment, and Shep yipped happily, suddenly full of energy, barking and running through the empty space. Alec laughed and shook her head, turning to look back at Kit. He wasn't a bad guy after all.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:54 pm

Kit smiled brightly, then dug into his pocket and produced a key for Alec. "You can make copies of this one if you want. Just make sure you turn them all in if you move." Relieved that he had fixed one problem in his life, Kit moved back toward the door. He had more work to do at the shop, so as much as he wanted to hang out with his new friend, it was time to head back. For a moment he lingered in the doorway, recalling memories from long ago, simpler times before he had taken ownership of the building. He recalled his family often, though most of the time he tried not to. Too many painful memories.

"Well listen," he continued. "I've got to get back to the shop. I'll try to get your car done as soon as possible. If you need help with anything, I get off at five. All the utilities are hooked up already, so you don't have to worry about that." After a moment of lingering had passed, Kit exited the apartment, then the building all together. His walk back to work was quick, a hurried pace used to make up for lost time.

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:21 pm

Alec grinned and took the key, happiness swelling within her. The day passed quickly as she explored a little bit of the area they were in. She managed to get a few of their things out of her car and transport them back to the apartment. Habing the time to do so, she walked back to the hotel to grab her duffel bag and Sheps things and get them to her new home so she didnt have to risk going back there again.

By the time night had fallen her air mattress had been inflated, Sheps doggie bed had been set up and she had enough food and clothes to last the two of them until her car was finished and she could get her remaining boxes inside.

While Kit worked on her car at the shop, Alex had set up a folding desk and sat inside one of the empty rooms of the apartment to work more on her portfolio. Logging into her web classes on her laptop, she picked up any classwork she had to do and began to study. One of her assignments was to sketch a stranger in an outdoors setting, and since she didn't really go outside, she picked the last person she had seen that day. Kit.

It was a rough sketch of the scene she had witnessed upon first meeting him: bent over a car, with earbuds in. She smiled softly as the work began to come together. "I am so passing this class," she murmured softly to herself, completely lost in her own little, safe world.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Man Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:20 pm

The rest of Kit's day passed by pretty quickly. He finished all his previous projects and had began working on Alec's when it came time to close. He stayed over a bit that night to make up the time he had spent away, then went home just as the sun was starting to set. It had been a while since he was happy to be going home, not just leaving work.

Once he was home, his arrival announced by the creaking floors under his feet, Kit raided his pantry and fridge and started putting together some food. He thought it would be nice to welcome someone to the building by providing her first meal. Of course it wasn't extravagant, just some bbq and coleslaw, but in his mind it was the gesture that counted the most.

Once the food was finished, Kit covered the plate and headed up the stairs, listening again as the floors groaned under his weight. He knocked on the door, then took a step back so she could see him clearly. "Hey... you hungry?"

Machine Man
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next