Domain of Demons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overwatch: Rise of the Chimera

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Overwatch: Rise of the Chimera - Page 5 Empty Re: Overwatch: Rise of the Chimera

Post by Danry Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:46 pm

The shockwave threw Nova to the ground, the impact hard enough to knock her out of the shadows. Grunting as she slammed into the ground she gasped as the wind had been knocked out of her. Quickly rolling to the side, she jumped to her feet, whirling around to face Kellan. Her mind raced as she tried to think of a way to hit back without actually hitting him, her only focus her SC.

Nova slid her right foot back, bringing her hands up, as the shadows moved around her. Eyes bright blue, she threw her hands forward, and blunt, hard pieces of shadow propelled themselves at her opponent. About six inches in length, with rounded edges, they hurled across the room at him, her goal to get him to move so she could go in for another hit. Nova had to prove she was well enough to continue, even if her control needed work. As long as she didn't extend any further into the shadows she would be able to maintain stability.

Danry
Admin

https://domainofdemons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Overwatch: Rise of the Chimera - Page 5 Empty Re: Overwatch: Rise of the Chimera

Post by Danry Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:47 pm

No time to be impressed. Kellan lunged to the side, narrowly dodging the projectiles. Sharpened, they would be a deadly weapon, like large arrows piercing the air between herself and her adversary. Nova had the potential to be quite deadly, with the proper training. She could be equally effective using non-lethal force. Only time would tell which she would be chosen for, and which she would choose. The situation, however, was more important than the possible future.

Kellan would have bee content to stay at range, firing waves of force to keep her off balance. But it concerned him that, despite the solid appearance, he could not lock onto the physical shadows that threatened to pulverize him only half a second before. It had been a very long time since he found a physical object that he could no influence. Deciding to take the fight back to her, Kellan sprinted forward a few steps, then pushed off the ground, his power sending him high into the air. If he could tackle her, perhaps he could disrupt her concentration enough to dispel the shadow. That, or she would simply beat the crap out of him for trying such a bold maneuver.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:47 pm

Nova stumbled back, her eyes wide at the raw power from Kellan. Tripping over her own feet, she gasped as she fell flat on her back, watching him descend on her. Panicked, Nova threw her hands above her head to shield herself and shadows erupted out of the ground around her. The shadows molded into spikes, angling out in every direction, only a small space above her unprotected.

The darkness reacted to Nova, the spikes unintentional. It was the same type of panicked counter attack that happened seconds after she'd been stabbed. Aside from that moment she had never done anything like that before, and while she knew her life wasn't in immediate danger, her ability had a mind of its own when her heart raced.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:48 pm

The wind instantly left Kellan's lungs as he watched the spiky formation develop around Nova. His gut twisted violently as he realized that his life was in very real and immediate danger. Rotating his body, Kellan did his best to dodge the nearest spikes as he tried to pull himself out of the dive. One pointed end found the back of his calf, splitting the skin and spilling his blood. It was deep, but not enough to cause permanent degenerative damage. The extra push was, however, enough to send him well over her head. Kellan hit the floor hard, rolling over several times before finally coming to a stop.

Leaning on his left knee and right foot, his competitive nature continued to pump through his veins. He could not allow himself to be beaten by a cadet, no matter how he felt about her. Though he could not put much weight on the injured leg, he was not ready to quit. He stretched his ability further than normal, using it to actually pull up a large piece of the floor and hurling it at the girl. Range would have to be his ally.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:48 pm

Pushing herself to her feet, Nova visibly paled at the sight of Kellans leg. She'd hurt him. She had done the thing she had been trying to avoid since the start. Her blood went cold, her eyes wide, dread gripping her tightly. The spikes melted around her, the shadows pooling around her feet, shifting fluctuating, waiting for a command. I hurt him.. I didn't.. It wasn't supposed to happen... I have control! I..

So focused on the damage she had done to him, Nova wasn't paying attention to anything else. Seconds before the projectile hit her, a wall of darkness shot out of the ground, protecting her. The impact was hard enough to shatter the wall, sending pieces of the floor showering around her. Nova made no counterattack, now solely focused on dodging. Her last attack was too close, it was too much. It wasn't going to happen again.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:50 pm

Another piece he lifted out of the ground, slung at Nova relentlessly. He was not trying to hurt her, but to simulate a real fight as much as possible. Recruits would have to know that hurting or killing someone was not just a possibility, but an inevitability. They were to protect against foreign and domestic threats, not just the targets they chose. She had to be ready to defend herself against a friend or comrade, even a lover.

Kellan's thoughts lingered on that concept. Could he fight her for real? Could he aim to kill her if the instruction ever came down? Certainly not if they were lovers. But they weren't lovers. They were roommates. Friends, perhaps. But to believe that she actually felt something for him other than respect for what he'd done for her seemed more absurd than likely.

Another chunk came in at her, then another. "Fight back, Nova."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:51 pm

In the monitor room, there was silent approval as the gathered individuals watch the fight unfold. There was no doubt in any of their minds that they had chosen their candidates well. Everything had gone according to plan. The bullying, the threats, the lunchroom incident, even the stabbing. All orchestrated by suits to create the perfect conditions for a new experiment.

"When will the order be delivered?"

"Seven days. It will take a few days to get the serum ready. It has to be adapted specifically to their blood, or the chemical just kills the carrier."

"Carrier?"

"Yes, it seems that, once injected, the host can pass the effects to others, though not one hundred percent of the time."

"Is that good? Chimera K could cause an uprising if anyone found out what we're doing here."

"Don't worry. We'll keep the loyal ones around and exterminate the rest before they become a threat. It's all under control."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:52 pm

Again and again, the shadow wall rose up to be smashed. Nova refused to use her mutation against him. Yes, she joined Overwatch to learn control, and discipline, but the majority of her time there was in recovery. She had no control - believed it actually. If she fought back, even slightly she was going to hurt him again.

"No." Nova narrowed her eyes, as the room descended in absolute darkness. The lights went out, shadows covering the entire room, Nova vanishing into it. The only thing visible from her was her eyes, glowing. Then, they were gone.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

"You can't hide forever, Nova," Kellan said sternly as he forced himself to his feet, though he favored the injured limb considerably. "Sooner or later you have to accept what you are. Not a monster. Not a human. Something in between... we are all beings in between. It doesn't make us better or worse. It doesn't make us dangerous. It makes us a mystery, which people fear. There is more to this camp than control." Through gritted teeth he took a few steps to where she had once been, knowing that she could be anywhere. Waves of force emanated from his body, pulsing like a sonar device. The waves were meant to push back anything that might encroach on him, though he could not block sheer darkness.

"Fight back, or you'll get washed out."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Nova frowned, feeling as though he was threatening her with dismissal if she continued to refuse to fight back. Her eyes narrowed as she moved around him in the shadows, avoiding contact as much as possible. "You want me to fight back? Fine." Her voice had grown dark, and the shadows started to dissipate, falling back on her. The cadet was halfway up the wall, the darkness holding her there like a spider to a web.

In one sudden movement she flung herself at Kellan, small dark projectiles shooting towards him. Before she hit the ground the darkness swallowed her again, and she vanished from sight. Hitting the ground, and rolling to the left, Nova dove at her SC, her intent to tackle him and knock him back on his ass. He wanted her to fight, even though the thought terrified her, so she was going to fight. If he ended up hurt worse it would be no ones fault but his own.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:53 pm

'Good, here we go.'

It was clear that Nova was officially putting some passion into their fight. Up to that point, he felt as though she didn't want to fight him. Either she had been afraid, or insecure. Either way, she was getting serious, which brought a small smile to his face. Though the pain in his leg was only getting worse, he used that pain as motivation to fight harder.

Unable to perform a conventional dodge, Kellan through up a barrier and pushed himself upward, halfway to the ceiling. Though he could not see the girl, she had to be in the room, and if she was in the room she was still an available target. Power surged through his veins as his ability engulfed him. His entire body began to glow, something he'd never actually seen in himself before. His sight blurred slightly; items appeared to be teeming with... static.

The ordeal unnerved Kellan greatly. Was there something wrong with his power? Was the wound more grievous than he originally estimated? Again the room blurred, until he saw only shadow. He felt Nova's body crash into his, and immediately the orange glow disappeared. Kellan landed on his back hard, unable to effectively fight back.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:53 pm

The impact with Kellan surprised her; yes, she had the intent on tackling him to the ground, but she never expected to make contact. In her shock they rolled on the ground for a few feet before they stopped Nova landing flat on her back with him on top of her. Novas cheeks burned bright red, her eyes wide. The shadows disappeared, the room becoming bright again, her shock and embarrassment making her lose focus. The bright blue glow to her eyes faded, and she stared, her chest heaving, at a loss of how to react.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:54 pm

Tumbling on the floor snapped Kellan out of his shock. When they finally came to a stop, he found himself on top of the girl, close enough to feel her breath on his face. He stared into her eyes, watching the Chimera effect fade from them, returning her pupils to their natural color. The rose color shining through her cheeks made his ears feel warm. As her chest heaved, he could feel her lightly touching his own torso. His stomach twisted and writhed with excitement; he wanted more than anything to press his lips against her's. Without thinking about it, Kellan's right hand moved to her cheek, hooking the back of her neck with his fingers and brushing her cheek with his thumb. Her skin was so soft and inviting.

He started to lean in, to give into temptation and express his feelings for her through a passionate kiss. His gender was clearly apparent given the bulging in his trousers. Suddenly the memory of their earlier conversation came to mind, causing him to hesitate. They could have been being watched at that very moment. Such an act would likely get them in trouble, resulting in their separation from each other, something he did not want to happen.

"I... i'm sorry, Nova. Please don't be mad at me." Uncharacteristically bashful, Kellan pushed himself up off of her, then stood, evidence of his arousal still evident. "I'll see you... at home." With embarrassment in his eyes, Kellan turned and limped to the exit, then to their shared home.

"I'm such an idiot... now she's going to think i'm awkward and she'll probably want to move cause it's too uncomfortable to be here... god i'm a fucking idiot."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Nova lay on the floor for what seemed like hours, even though it was only minutes. Did he... try to kiss her? Her cheeks flushed, and she shook her head as she pushed herself into an upright sitting position. No way. Their relationship wasn't like that. He didn't think of her that way, he couldn't. Even if she felt like she wanted him to kiss her, she knew he wouldn't. He was her CO, he had felt guilty about her being stabbed while she was alone and nursed her back to health because of that guilt. There was no other reason.

With a sigh Nova stood up, brushing off her legs and wiping the sweat from her forehead. Glancing around the room one last time, she exited and started a slow walk back to her home. God, she could use a cigarette. The slight breeze was cool against her hot skin; it felt nice despite it's biting chill. Nova's mind kept going back to the spar that turned darker near the end.

"I need to get control of myself. I could seriously hurt someone else, or kill them. I don't... want that."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Back in the officer's dorm, the smell of cigarette smoke and rubbing alcohol filled the common room, though Kellan had just barely opened a window. The cold air wafted in, cooling the apartment significantly, though the SC did not seem to mind at all. The had his injured leg propped up against the coffee table, with a rag and bottle of rubbing alcohol to sanitize the cut. It would not need stitches, which relieved him significantly. It would have to be reported if he showed up in medical with a major laceration.

Honestly he could have done that work in any room, but he waited for Nova to come back. He felt that there needed to be some explaining. He had to tell her why he suddenly left. It was bad enough that he had been foolish enough to think a that she may actually like him. But he did not want her to feel in any way responsible.

Kellan, forgetting about the open window, had begun rehearsing what he would say out loud.

"Nova, I know I shouldn't have done what I did, and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to push you so far past your limits. And... yes, I wanted to kiss you. I still do... no that's stupid."

He started again. "Nova, about what happened earlier, I want you to know that... oh fuck I am doomed. Yes I want to kiss you. Of course I do. But I can't do that because then you'll think I'm a complete nut job and you'll want to leave but I don't want you to leave so instead I have to be a total fuck up because I'm too stupid to read the signs."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:55 pm

Nova slowly made her way back to her home, chewing on her lower lip, trying to figure the best way to apologize. Her shadows could have ripped his leg apart and it would have been her fault for not having control.

Slowly opening the door, she peeked in, apprehensively stepping inside and closing the door. "Uh.. I'm back.." She called half heartedly. Still chewing on her lip, she moved further into the small apartment, her fingers laced behind her back. "I'm, uh..." She sighed, closing her eyes. "I didn't mean to.. I'm sorry that I almost incapacitated you by ripping off your leg..." She mumbled quickly. "I get... Panicky when I don't know what to do..."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Kellan hardly heard the door open, but he heard clearly Nova's apology. It seemed uncharacteristic of her to apologize, but it felt genuine at the same time. She truly did not want to hurt him, and she felt remorse for having fought with that much power. Kellan lit two cigarettes, keeping one to himself while he rested the other on the edge of the ashtray on the coffee table.

"Come here a minute," he said, his voice firm but not angry. Kellan needed her to understand his motives for pushing her so hard, but he also had some apologizing to do as well. He leaned back against the couch after sliding over to make room for Nova to sit.

"You don't have anything to be sorry for. I told you to fight harder, and you did exactly that. You didn't do anything except what I ordered you to do, so don't feel bad for that." With his cancer stick hanging from his lips, he finished tying up a bandage, rather sloppily, around the wound, then propped the injured limb on the table.

A long inhale preceded his own apology. "Listen... about what happened earlier. I... I shouldn't have behaved like that. Caught up in the moment, in the position we were in together and, I really wanted to but... I just didn't want you to leave. I don't want to be the one to drive you away. I want to... really bad.... to kiss you but..." Kellan felt like an idiot. He was not only bumbling the apology, but he was sharing far too much information. Kellan was certain that she would think him weird by then.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Nova perched on the edge of the couch, taking the extra cigarette frowning at his injured leg. She had done that to him. Her lack of control had hurt him. Guilt tore through her, even though he had told her she need not apologize. But she did need to, he didn't understand. She could do much worse than that.

Taking a long drag, she forced her eyes away from his leg moving to his face. Hearing his own apology, as he stumbled over words, nova nearly choked on smoke, her cheeks burning bright red. He wanted to kiss her? So it hadn't been her imagination! He had tried, but stopped himself. Eyes wide, and face hit, nova stared open mouthed at Kellan. Her heart thundered in her chest, she could barely think beyond him wanting to kiss her.

"You want to... To kiss... Me?" Nova did not sound horrified, or disgusted. Unintentionally, her tone sounded hopeful, almost wanting. She had convinced herself that her attraction to him was one sided, that he only helped her out of guilt. Never in a thousand years did she think he would return the feeling.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:56 pm

Kellan could see the conflict in Nova's eyes as she looked down at his leg. She truly felt remorse for injuring him, and that spoke volumes to her character. What she lacked was control, but that wasn't her fault. It was something that people strove to obtain, and she had not had a proper teacher. Would she let him help her, knowing what she now knew? Without realizing it, he had scooted a little closer to Nova, who remained on her perch.

"Yeah... for a while now. I just... didn't because I thought you'd want to leave if I tried. I didn't want things to be weird between us so I just kept it to myself." The urge to press his lips to her's was steadily growing. Kellan wanted to know what it felt like, to feel affection for someone who actually felt the same way about him. Everyone had always been afraid of him, and for good reason. It seemed Nova knew exactly what that was like. It was horrible, but at least they had something in common.

Again he inched closer, but this time on purpose. He wanted to try again, only this time he would not back down. Whether or not he was being overbearing did not occur to him, for his desire for Nova blinded his other senses. Even the pain in his leg seemed to subside.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:56 pm

Nova watched him, but did not move away. She couldn't. She was frozen though it was not in fear, it was anticipation. He was not the only one who wanted it, but she did not make a move. She could not. How would it look if she came in to her SC? Definitely bad. "I won't leave.." Nova whispered softly, her eyes not leaving him. Her heart was pounding, and her body trembled slightly. Oh how desperately she was hoping he would not stop himself this time. She found that she wanted it.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:57 pm

Kellan paused for a moment, a bit of anxiety flaring one last time. The courage he felt, however, upon hearing that she would not leave gave him hope enough. He slid the rest of the way to Nova, looked down at her hands, then leaned toward her. He lead with an open hand, placing it gently on her cheek as he closed the distance between them, finally pressing his lips to hers. With his eyes closed he could not see her reaction, but she wasn't moving to slap him, so it seemed to be going well up to that point.

When she didn't pull away, Kellan inhaled deepened the kiss a little more. His free hand moved to her back, touching her softly while the butterflies in his stomach frenzied. He'd been watching her for so long, imagining what that moment would feel like, though he never thought it would actually come to fruition with Nova. Yet there they were, locked at the lips and breathing deeply. His heart pounded in his chest as the urge to continue took him over.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5