Domain of Demons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Promises of Humanity

Go down

Promises of Humanity Empty Promises of Humanity

Post by Danry Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:47 pm

Screams echoed in the deep cavern, fire licking at the feet of the Sinners cast into Hell. It was dark, cavernus, even the light vast by the flame was swallowed by the darkness. In Hell, those who Sinned during their time on Earth, were cast into the deepest pits of agony where they would be tortured for all eternity. Only a select few souls were given solice by the great Dark Lord.

"Jasper. You are one of my chosen." His voice was like silk, alluring, seductive. Anyone who heard him speak craved his attention; those called by name would do anything to hear his commands. "You have suffered in your human life, it is time to become one of my elite."

Jasper opened her eyes, a light sheen of sweat covering her pale white skin. Why dream of that now? The first time the Lord had called to her.. Sighing, she stood and ran her fingers through her hair, the blanket falling from her and pooling at her feet. Perhaps it was because this was the day she would receive a special mission from her Lord. He had ordered for her to meet him, a mysterious mission to go on for him.

As Jasper pulled her clothes on her mind drifted towards another demon. One who always caught her eye, but never returned her gaze. Would her mission take her from him? Would she see him again? As thrilled as she was to receive a special trial from the Lord she couldn't help but wonder how long she would be away. A sharp pain clenched in her chest, but she brushed it aside and headed towards the throne room, where the king of the underworld waited for her.

When she arrived, Jasper bowed deeply, her fire red hair sweeping over her shoulders. He could be a kind Lord, but disrespect was never tolerated. He was king, and he was to be acknowledged as such, so she always made sure that he knew how grateful she was to be pulled from the pits of Hell just to be able to stand in his prescence.

"Rise." His voice sent chills down the girls spine. It always had, and likely always would. "You are early, so while we wait for the other, I have a gift for you."

A gift? Jasper lifted her head and looked up at the King. He sat sideways on his throne, one hand holding up his head, his captivating amber eyes boring into her soul. He beckoned her closer with his free hand, and she obeyed without thinking, approaching him slowly. As she neared, he straightened, a smirk spreading across his perfect lips, revealing his sharpened teeth.

"Yes, a gift. You have been loyal to me for a thousand years. It is why I have chosen you to do this for me." Of course he had an ulterior motive to sending her with the partner he chose, but that was his own business. Lucifer knew all and he loved to meddle. "Give me your hand."

As instructed, Jasper held out her right hand to him, watching with wide eyes as he pulled an obsidian ring off and pushed it onto her middle finger. The ring, having been on his hand, immediately adjusted it's size to fit her perfectly.

"You use these," he indicated the multiple piercings in her skin, "to pull your weapons. Now you may use this ring, as well." He watched her with a twisted grin on his face. "Go on. Try it."

Stepping back from her Sire, Jasper gazed at the ring, muttering softly in an ancient tongue, urging the hidden weapon to come forth. After a moment the obsidian ring glowed brightly, then shifted and transformed into a double sided scythe, darkness dripping from the sharpened edges. The weapon, from blade to the end of the staff, was twice her size, but it was lightweight enough for her to use and manipulate without trouble.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" The grin on his face only widened, but he said nothing more about it. For a moment his eyes flashed black, but faded back to gold just as the other one for the mission entered. Jasper put the weapon away, bowed again, and stepped back. "It looks like everyone is here. Xanais, how kind of you to join us."

Xanais? He was.. the other one going on the mission with her?

Danry
Admin

https://domainofdemons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Promises of Humanity Empty Re: Promises of Humanity

Post by Danry Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:48 pm

"There is no shame in this. You really stood no chance from the very beginning, SeƱor Montego." Xanais spoke softly, as it was very late and he did not want to wake the neighbors. There was no sense in alerting anyone else to his presence. Better to exist as a rumor, a ghost that would never be caught because he did not exist. Stepping over the bodies of Padre Diaz and the governor's wife Yselda, Xanais approached the cowering Don as he sat on his knees in prayer.

The sight of the Crucifix offended Xanais, but did not deter him in the least, for he had reached a level of darkness that transcended sensitivity to the most common relic. He held his gun to the forehead of Diego De La Montego and pulled back the hammer, turning the cylinder and preparing the next shot. Lightning flashed behind him, illuminating his true shape, visible only as his shadow as it was cast around his next victim, for the light of God was the only source that could pierce his illusion.

The trigger was pulled, sparking another flash of light. Tissue, bone,and blood exploded out of the back of his head. Montego reeled backwards and fell in a heap on the floor, his lifeless body sureoumded by a pool of blood. The job was done, but already he was being summoned for another assignment.

Back in the hall of the dark Master, Xanais stalked with an air of determination. If there was more work to be done, then he would do it, and do it quickly, before the trail went cold. There was always a trail. Always.

"Yes, sire. What is it that my lord desires?" The demon's eyes moved from Lucifer's to the only other demon present. He'd seen her before, but really he'd never paid much attention to her. He knew she'd spent quite a long time in the Pit before graduating to serve her lord and master. He did not know her name, nor had he ever cared to.

"I trust your trip to the surface was a successful one?" Lucifer already knew the answer. It was more of a rhetorical question than anything. It pleased the Dark Lord to know that his will was being successfully carried out.

"It was, my lord. He is dead, as you commanded. Xanais closed the distance quickly, standing a few steps ahead of Jasper, as was his right and privilege as the vengeful hand of The Fallen. "I was told you have another task for me. I exist to do your will. What must be done?"

Lucifer sat back in his chair, his toothy grin ever present under his evil eyes. Even for the assassin of the Devil, there was no small amount of fear and apprehension when standing in the presence of the master of Hell. "Eons ago I created several powerful relics and hid them in the mortal realm, where I thought they would be safe. It seems that I was wrong and I need you both to retrieve them for me before they fall into the hands of my enemies."

Xanais paused, blinking several times as he tried to assimilate what he was being told. A look of confusion furrowed his brow as he turned his gaze to his master. Lucifer, seeing that his right hand was considering the situation differently than normal, he decided to interject. "You are wondering, perhaps, why I have chosen you for this mission rather than any of my host. Is that right, Xanais?"

"Forgive me Master, but...." Xanais straightened out, turning his harsh gaze toward Jasper. "... you have never sent anyone with me until now. Have I done something wrong to be punished?" There was no mistaking the scorn in Xanais' voice; he did not want a partner. He did not need a partner, especially some girl whom he'd never seen in action before.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:49 pm

Lucifer laughed, the sound though cruel was genuine. He noted how Xanais spoke and the way he regarded the woman who stood near. It was going to be an interesting mission indeed. "You are not being punished. Jasper is one of my Chosen. She has served me, faithfully, for a millennia, and she is more resilient than she looks. It is no easy feat to gather what you must."

Jasper remained still, though her heart grew restless in her chest, it gave no indication in her expression. She did not even look towards Xanais, even when he looked at her; at his words she felt a pang in her chest. Of course he would not want her to go with him. He was the right hand of the dark Lord, and to him she was some unknown weak underling. But she was far from weak.

Lucifers grin widened, toothy and wicked. "Do you want to see her in action? Perhaps I should have you test her ability before sending you to the mortal world." He seemed to consider it, then nodded and waved his hand towards them both. "Unhide yourself Jasper, show him who he has insulted."

"Of course, Lord." Jasper bowed her head slightly, then stepped back. Her aura shifted dramatically, a dark and powerful energy pouring from her. Large wings unfurled from her back, blood red and leathery, expanding to three times her size. As she stood there, she pulled the newly gifted scythe from the ring on her hand, and shifted her body to face Xanais. Purple and black flames formed around her left hand even as she gripped the scythe, the same flame surrounding her right eye.

"A specimen worth using for my purpose, do you not think so, Xanais?"

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:49 pm

Xanais stopd and watched the transformation with a shrewd eye. The display was not impressive to him, evidenced by the look in his odd eyes. All the visual effects in the entirety of the Underworld would not give him any feelings, apart from irritation, for he had watched other demons fall to simple errors after peacocking to impress the Master.

"Respectfully, Lord, I would feel much better after watching her demonstrate her usefulness upstairs. If it is your wish that she come along, I will, of course, obey your command." Lucifer chuckled, sitting back in his chair, his eyes still locked on Jasper's lythe and deadly frame.

"It is my command. She is much more talented than you realize. Do not underestimate her."

"Yes, sire." Xanais dipped into a respectful bow, then took a few steps back before turning on his heels and signaling to Jasper.

"Come along," he said sharply, his words still bleeding frustration. He stopped only when Lucifer spoke up again, the fanged smile still on his evil lips.

"See that you both return this time." There was more threat in his tone than his words. The Dark Lord had chosen his words carefully to force them into wandering to which of them he referred. Did Jasper have a problem with returning alone after setting out as a group, or was he implying that Xanais was to babysit the she-demon while he completed the mission?

Uncertainty was the most annoying feeling of all, second only to the fake notion of love.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:50 pm

In the blink of an eye Jasper had returned to her normal self. Wings and scythe vanished, the flames disappearing, as she suppressed her power. With one last glance back at the Lord, Jasper followed Xanais. It was painfully obvious he was displeased with her for some reason, but how could he be when they had never truly met before? Maybe it wasn't with her specifically, but the notion that he had to go with someone else. If that were the case he would have to suck it up, the Master had commanded it. Besides, she hadn't been to the mortal world in a thousand years, and she was quite looking forward to it.

That, and... her eyes fell on Xanais, watching his back as he walked in front of her. This was the first time she had been so close to him with no one else around, and though she looked calm, she was far from it. Jaspers heart was beating furiously, her mind wandering, fantasizing. She knew he would never love her, how could he when he couldn't see her? But that didn't stop her from imagining what it would feel like to hear him say it, or wondering what it would feel like to finally have someone return her feelings.

That was her punishment, her torture. While a human, Jasper had foolishly fallen in love, but the man she chose openly rejected her, mocking and cruel. So she committed the unforgivable Sin, and ended her own life. It was no surprise that it was happening all over again with Xanais, a man who would only ever show her his back, a man who never saw her as anything but an inconvenience. A man she could never have. It was her repentance.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum