Domain of Demons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mail Order Android

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Mail Order Android - Page 3 Empty Re: Mail Order Android

Post by Danry Wed May 20, 2020 10:22 pm

The event had clearly shaken Millie deeply, and understandable so. Comforting someone in such a state was very difficult, as they tended to fixate on the feelings they experienced as they experienced them rather than trying to let them go. Holding onto that fear was what drove so many down dark paths, from which they would never return. Tarek wondered what he should do. None of the information in his memory had prepared him to deal with such a situation; the protocols said to recommend speaking to a professional about what she was feeling and seeking help, but he thought otherwise. Who knew if she would be able to open up to another strange, and if so, how long it would be before they breached the surface of her feelings and were able to actually provide some help.

"I'm sorry Millie... I am not fully equipped to assist you with this. I can check to see if there are more data packs that can be downloaded to help you with your grieving process if you like." It seemed like such a programmed response, which was not untrue. Tarek did not want to say it but he simply did not know what to say at all. He stood and walked into her bedroom, returning only moments later with one of the soft blankets that laid on her bed. The android took the liberty of draping it over her shoulders and wrapping it around her slightly, hoping the warmth would be a comfort to her and provide some semblance of safety. "I will insure that he does not bother you again." He would comply with her command, as he was bound to do. But there were other ways of removing the problem apart from his death.

Danry
Admin

https://domainofdemons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed May 20, 2020 10:23 pm

Managing a small smile, she shook her head, pulling the blanket close around. "No, it's alright. I'll be okay, I just... I think I want to try again. Maybe in a bit, to go back out. I had really wanted to go out... and your shirt is ruined now.." Millie glanced at him, one sleeve completely gone from tying up Tommy. She immediately felt terrible about it. Sure, it was just a shirt and the outcome could have been much, much worse, but it was not what she had intended.

"Does it look like the weather will hold for the rest of the day? I don't want what happened earlier to ruin what started out as a really good day." Sighing softly, she turned her attention back to the tv, cupping her tea in her hands, tentatively sipping it. All she wanted was to go back to normal, back to before Tommy had gotten all possessive and mean, perhaps even before she met him.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed May 20, 2020 10:24 pm

Tarek was surprised to hear that Millie wanted to try going out again so soon. After such a traumatizing experience he was expecting her to want to stay indoors for a while until she was ready to take that chance again. It was logical to assume that going out sooner rather than later would dramatically reduce the risk of Tommy showing up again, as he was in the process of being arrested. "I would be happy to accompany you, ma'am, if you'd like to go out again. Please do not worry about my clothing, though. I was happy to sacrifice it in order to detain that cretin." He smiled warmly, then offered to top off her tea.

"I'm very proud of you for wanting to go out again. It was quite an ordeal you experienced earlier, but you are proving to be quite resilient." Again he smiled as he searched the weather forecasts again. "The day should continue to be nice, though storms will be moving in tomorrow. It will be colder and rain is expected two days from now."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Wed May 20, 2020 10:24 pm

Millie watched Tarek a moment and smiled softly, trying not to let the days events make her feel too down. "I can't let something like this dictate me anymore." She didnt think she was being resilient, just practical. Thomas would always be part of her past, a thorn in her side, a lurking shadow. Staying inside so she didnt run into him was putting her life in a standstill and she couldn't stand the idea of being caged just because of him.

"Thank you. For the blanket, and the tea." She murmured into her cup. "And.. for protecting me." Yes it was in his programming to defend her, it was what she bought him for, but she didn't think he had to take it as far as he had and she was grateful to him for doing so anyway.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum