Domain of Demons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Grace; Your Addiction

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

My Grace; Your Addiction Empty My Grace; Your Addiction

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 10:59 am

Emmalynn Isabella was a saint. Not like the renowned saints that are so often taught in churches. She was a saint to those who knew her. She volunteered, she helped the homeless, she would give anyone the clothes off her back if they only asked. But she was kind to a fault. She was easily taken advantage of but she would just smile and continue on like it did not bother her. It didn't. Emmalynn believed that inside everyone there was goodness, and pure light. One only had to try to find it.

"Emma-Belle!"

Emmalynn turned her head to look at the woman who called out to her, her platinum locks falling over her shoulder.

"Emmy, what are you doing?" The girl who called to her ran over and knelt beside her.

"Sara, I'm feeding the kittens." Emma responded softly turning her attention to the four small cats in the relatively small box in front of her. "After I'm done at the church I'm going to take them to a shelter. It's going to get cold tonight, and I don't want them to freeze."

Sara sighed and shook her head, helping her friend to her feet. "Some day someone is going to take advantage of you, Emmy, and it's not going to be good."

"You say that everyday Sara. I will be fine."

~~

After feeding the homeless at the church, and handing out blankets, she took the kittens to a shelter. When she left she decided to take a walk before she went home. The sun was setting, and with the fading light went the warmth of the day. Emma didn't need a jacket. She didn't get cold like everyone else.
Emmalynn was a halfling. She was an angel. Well, half, anyway. She didn't need to eat as often, she didn't get cold as easily and it took more to hurt her. Aside from that she healed incredibly quickly, and had other abilities she could use. Some could help, while other abilities could harm so she didn't use much of them at all. It wasn't like she needed to use them anyway, no one had ever tried to harm her before.

Walking through the park, she stopped at the pond and sat at one of the marble benches just watching the sun set on the water, a soft smile on her face. It was peaceful, and quiet. She liked that.

Danry
Admin

https://domainofdemons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My Grace; Your Addiction Empty Re: My Grace; Your Addiction

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 11:00 am

Being the product of an unholy pairing was no cakewalk. Not human. Not demon. Something in between. Amongst his fallen brethren he was nothing more than a Tiefling, a mutt who would never be as strong as his pure-bred kin. In the company of humans, he was feared and avoided, for his mere presence made mortals uncomfortable though they knew not why. Such was the life of Killian Pike, a name given to him after the man who found him covered in ashes. Killian, for the cider beer, and Pike after the famous Albert Pike. A fitting name, even if his would be savior did not understand why.

Still, Killian got by alright, with . nly his wits, his demonic traits, and the salt of his brow. Well... Only when he had to work hard, which was not often. The lifeless mess at his feet was a testiment to his prowess as a hunter, but it was exactly the most taxing prey he had faced. The poor creature barely had any Grace in him, hardly a match for even a half demon. But the crumpled shell of a man was not the main course, only an appetizer.

Killian didn't hide the body. He never did. He wanted them to be found. He was a monster, to be sure, but that did not mean that he had to be an animal. He took pride in his kills, for each one brought him one step closer. But the discovery of every body instilled fear in the populace, a useful tool to one such as himself. Deep down, however, he wanted the bodies to be found so they could be laid to rest and sent to whatever afterlife they had set for themselves in life.

~~

It was cold. December had set in nicely over Brooklyn, and with it the cold breeze from the bay. Cool weather made Killian more comfortable in public; it gave humans an excuse to bundle themselves up. But every now and again he would pass a stranger who had chosen to dress lightly, despite the frigid temperatures. Sons and daughters of the High Power were often resistant to extremely temperatures. The Lower Power progeny, those of Killian's ilk, we're equally so, but he could smell the suffer in their souls from miles away.

He had hoped that his presence was marked that evening as he watched a Daughter from his perch in a nearby tree, his raven hair tousled by the wind, teasing the flesh around his eyes. The unnaturally red pupils remained fixated on the platinum-haired Godling many yard in front of him, her back turned to him. Killian could tell she was much stronger in Grace than any other that he'd ever encountered, prompting him to be more prudent in his actions. It wasn't late enough yet. An attack would be too risky. Killian chose to wait a little while longer. He had, after all, been stalking her for months. What was a few more minutes?

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Emmalynn sat on that bench for a long while. She had lost herself in her mind, daydreaming. Her thoughts were light and innocent, like they usually were, mostly drifting to curious wonderings of Heaven and what it was like. Her father, the angel, had been absent her whole life, but of course he was. It was a fleeting affair with her mother, then back to his duties. He didn't care for her mother, but Emmy didn't really mind. Even if he was gone, an unknown entity to her, he had still taken part in giving her life and the amazing gifts she had. She was grateful.
That sent her thoughts into another direction but dwelling on that was short lived. She had finally noticed how dark and quiet it had become.
"Oh, I should get home." Emmalynn stood and brushed herself off, feeling a sudden chill shoot down her spine. It was a weird sort of feeling so instead of going the normal way home she went in the opposite direction.
The young half-angel hummed softly to herself as she walked through Central Park. Normally she wouldn't be so anxious to get home but that night every shadow seemed to be more intimidating, every noise seemed to make her jump. Her steps quickened some, and she soon found herself almost running, her crystal blue eyes wide with irrational fear. Something was out that night, something that made the angelic party of her cringe. It was something evil, something to be avoided.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

As the target stood to leave, Killian gritted his teeth and cursed under his breath. She must have picked up his scent or detected his presence, given away by the fact that she turned to leave in the direction opposite of her home. The young man slid silently out of the tree and followed her on foot, taking great care to keep out of sight and downwind from any sensory gifts she may possess. His suspicions were confirmed when the girl hastened her retreat, until she was eventually running away from him. She was fast, that much was certain, but Killian was able to keep up.

Knowing that she would reach the edge of the park before he would be able to catch up, Killing changed tactics. If he couldn’t capitalize on the opportunity, he could at least bring some fear to the table. The demon darted off the trail, then launched himself into the air with a pair of gaseous, almost foggy wings, which protruded from his shoulder blades. The wings themselves were leathery and tough, a stark contrast to the brilliant feathers he had heard adorned the wings of Angels. Killian could not fly, necessarily, but could propel himself long distances through the air as he leapt into the night.

Using his demonic ability, Killian projected a dark fog around the woman, thick enough to limit the vision of a normal human to just a few inches. The black mist shifted about, but seemed to be completely unaffected by the natural breeze rolling in from the bay. Whispers could be heard emanating from the fog, a jumble of words and phrases which would make little to no sense to anyone who could hear them. Most of all, Killian hoped that the unnatural feeling of dread that accompanied the fog would be enough to do the job, as many souls were terrified by the feeling of being absolutely and undeniably alone.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 11:01 am

As Emmalynn ran, the feeling that something was wrong grew stronger. And with her growing fear a dark fog rolled in around her. Halting in her steps, she whirled around watching the mist overtake everything in sight, disembodied whispers surrounding her. Her heart beat increased, as well as her breathing. This was unnatural.

"Stop.." she whispered to the darkness. "Stop it!" Fear was evident in her voice.

The familiar feeling of light filled her and she stretched out her trembling hand in front of her, palm glowing a light blue. The brightness cut a small path in the fog and she took off again. She had to get home, it was safe there. The evil outside, that surrounded her, trying to suffocate her, was unlike anything she'd felt before. It was inhuman, and Emmy could feel that it wanted her.

But why? Why her?

Of course she'd heard about some bodies found, no real, accurate cause of death. She knew what they had been. Angels. Someone was killing them but why? A burst of fear made her stumble, and she fell landing on her hand and knees.

"Why are you doing this?" Emmalynn called into the darkness. "Leave me alone!" At her fear and panic her skin began to glow, lightly at first, then brighter. "I don't.. I don't want to hurt you.."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 11:01 am

"Why," the voices asked in unison, a legion of shapeless forms in the darkness. The girl had fallen, giving Killian the opportunity to not only catch up, but to place himself between her and the exit, now barely a hundred yards away. The young man descended rapidly to the ground, his feet connecting gently with the grass as if it were as soft as a pillow. His 'wings' flared one last time before dissolving into the mist already flooding the area. He straightened out, narrowing his eyes slightly against the light that radiated from her body. It was almost offensive. Killian protected himself with a layer of fog, which coalesced around him like a piece of armor, so thick it would almost appear to be a solid form.

"It doesn't matter why. The question you should be asking is HOW. How am I doing this? You, child of the High Powers, are not the only person with... potential. There is a yin to your yang, a darkness to your light. While you bask in the warmth from Heaven, my kind hail from the depths of Hell."

Killian did not move toward her, but stood her ground. Though he was confident in his own power, a Godling such as her was nothing to underestimate. She was strong and beautiful, but almost... timid? Her fear was obvious, but there was something else to her. She did not cower like the others. This one, this Godling, was ready to stand up for herself.

"Tell me your name, Filius Angelus." The words dripped from his mouth with no small amount of disdain.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 11:02 am

"You do not command me." Emmalynn said, her voice soft. She may be kind, and gentle, and somewhat of a pushover, but that was reserved for the humans who she defended from filth like what stood before her. The light emanating from her skin got brighter and she pushed herself to her feet. Of course she was still scared, a demon stood before her, but that did not mean she was a coward. She would not bow to him.

Looking at the male standing before her, and the look in his crimson eyes, made her tremble. He wanted something from her other than her name. While a part of her wanted to know exactly what he wanted, another, more rational part of her, was screaming at her to run. To flee.

Emmalynn narrowed her wide, blue eyes into as much of a glare as she could muster. "Get out of my way, and let me pass. I do not wish to harm you." Even the filth from Hell she would not harm, not unless she absolutely had to. She was pure and innocent and did not want any unnecessary blood on her hands.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 11:02 am

Laughter spread throughout the cloud, echoing the man's own voice like a chorus of chortling and chuckling. "You don't command me, angel." The word 'angel' fell out of his mouth like caustic spittle dripping from the maw of a Hell Hound. She was just like all the others, so high and mighty, as if they ruled the universe. They had no idea what pain there was in Hell, nor did they care. They were all self-centered bastards.

The darkness swirled around the woman, whipping her platinum hair in different directions as it blew past. The night was still and calm, but inside the cloud one could swear that a tornado was forming. Shadow battling light. Darkness versus brilliance. Equally matched, neither side appeared to be dominant, but held it's ground against the other. It was, Killian admitted to himself, a spectacular display of power, but more importantly, it gave him a glimpse of what he stood to gain from her.

But the time wasn't right. He needed her to be more fearful, to admit to herself that her life was about to end. Killian made a decision then to end the encounter and to follow her. The night was right, but the location needed to be perfect. The darkness began to fade, withdrawing back to the young man and disappearing into the folds of his jacket. His horns almost seemed to be glowing red.

"You're a strong one, i'll give you that. But you'll fall just like the others did. I'll have what I need from you, one way or another." Another heave from the wings on his back sent him screaming into the air as the light coming from Emmalynn overwhelmed the night.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 11:04 am

Emmalynn stood frozen, the cold laughter echoing in her ears long after the dark fog had dissipated. The demons words swirled around in her mind, his threat lingering. He was the one who had taken the angels, and now he was after her. Her body trembled, as she stood there trying to figure out what she should do.
How had he known what she was? It's not like she made it obvious. Deciding that she needed to leave, in case he came back, she shook off her fear and took off towards her home.

Emmalynn lived on the edge of the city. As much as she loved people, sometimes it was nice for her to be alone, to have time with her thoughts and not worry about anyone else. It wasn't often that she needed time like that but tonight was different. She had been openly threatened, cornered. Thinking about his eyes, cold and cruel, she shivered locking her door behind her.

No longer out in the open, her shaking legs couldn't hold her up, and she crumpled to her knees. Emmalynn sat, staring at her trembling hands. Would she have been able to fend him off had he attacked? She wasn't a violent person, she'd never been confronted like that before. Did she do the right thing, say the right words? He didn't look frightened of her, he looked like he took it as a challenge.

Her heart pounded in her chest and she looked around her empty home, the shadows cast from her light looking as if they were watching her. Judging her. Waiting for the moment it went dark to consume her. With a small cry of terror she ran through the house flicking on every light, locking every door and window. Settling back in the living room, Emmalynn took a moment to glance outside. He wouldn't find her here, he couldn't. She was safe, wasn't she?

The horror of not knowing drove her into the furthest corner of the room where she sat, knees pulled to her chest. How could she live like this? Looking over her shoulder at every shadow, wondering if and when he would come for her.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 11:04 am

Killian reappeared over fifty yards away, perched on a boulder where he could still see the girl. He hadn't gotten her name, but he had put the fear in her, apparent by the way she fled the scene. She ran as if her very life depended on it. Killian chuckled when he realized that it actually did. It was no longer a pun, but a real, tangible fear. In all her confidence, she knew that she could easily be reduced to nothing more than an empty shell, void of all the Grace that flowed through her body. The young demon would enjoy extracting the essence from her, would savor the victory by taking his time.

Stealthily he followed the flailing platinum hair as it twisted down street after street until they reached the outskirts of Brooklyn. Killian dropped back a bit and chose a different route, taking to the rooftops rather than staying on the street. When she entered her home, he stayed away, watching the building from afar. Shortly after she entered, every room lit up like a Christmas tree. No doubt she had learned to fear the shadows. However, luckily for her, Killian had not the ability to travel through shadows yet.

Killian sat on a light pole for over an hour, silently observing the residence, probing it for weaknesses with only his keen eyes. The white had left the orbs by that point, leaving only the red pupils to pierce the darkness surrounding him. The Tiefling knew he was running out of time, for the dawn would weaken his abilities significantly. But he simply could not resist the urge to draw it out for as long as possible.

When the time finally came, Killian leaped from his perch and into the grass surrounding the domicile. The front door was locked, of course, but that was no worry to a demon. A bit of dark power disabled the deadbolt as if he had unlocked it from the other side. A slow turn of the knob allowed the door to swing open. Killian pushed his way into the home and took a look around, but it didn't take long to locate the woman. Her Grace drew him to her like a moth to a flame.

In the living room he found her, slumped in the corner in the folds of sleep. It wasn't restful, evidenced by the quiet murmurs and slight movements. There was no remorse. This is what he needed. Her power would bring him independence. A quick glance located a rag on the table. Killian drooled onto the cloth, bringing a noxious vapor to the fibers that could tranquilize a bull elephant. He approached the slumbering woman and placed the rag over her mouth, pressing it tightly against her. He wanted her to wake up and see his eyes, the red orbs piercing through to her soul, so she would know beyond doubt that she was his prisoner.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 11:06 am

Emmalynn was unsure of how long she had sat, staring at everything and nothing. She was unaware of the eyes watching her, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. Eventually she had fallen asleep, her body slumping to the side, her tangled locks falling into her face. Some strands were matted to her forehead from the thin sheen of sweat coating her delicate skin.

Even in her sleep the shadows plagued her. Twisting, writhing masses of blackness cut at her, tearing at her skin. All the while laughing, with those deep red hues peering from the blackness. Mocking her. Taunting her. Coming close enough to see her own terrified reflection before disappearing again in the black abyss of shadow. In her dreams she cried out, calling, praying for God to protect her, to save her, but no salvation came.

The young angel woke with a start, gasping and choking as a cloth was roughly pressed to her mouth. Panic and fear flooded her. It was the demon! He had come for her as he said he would. Desperately she raised her hands to push him away, to get him off of her, but she had breathed in too much of the toxin and already she was feeling the effects. Her vision blurred and her limbs felt numb and heavy. Emmalynn struggled with all of her might, she tried calling her Grace, but it was unresponsive.

She was helpless.

With her hands on his chest, she pushed, but she was weak, her energy draining. Tears filled her baby blues, as she fought as hard as she could to keep the darkness at bay. Emmy blinked furiously trying to keep the tears away and to clear her vision but she only made it worse. She whimpered softly, her hands falling limply at her sides, as her vision faded to black. The last thing that ran through her mind was a prayer to anyone who would listen. 'Please... help me..'

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 11:06 am

There was no remorse in the eyes of the demon. They were cold, yet fiery. His tail grew as the heinous act was carried out, protruding through his trousers, the atypical point piercing the fabric as if it were tissue paper. Fangs flashed in the light, their pointed spires digging into the lips of the young man who overpowered Emmalyn. The blackness of his eyes was infinite and the red shown brightly; they watched as the girl quickly succumbed to the fumes emanating from the rag.

The words she muttered blasted through his being, as if he'd been struck through the chest with a holy relic. Though Killian did not appear affected, the words burrowed into his black heart for reasons he could not understand. A momentary lapse of weakness, perhaps. He was so close to his ultimate goal. He would soon taste the freedom of a hybrid, and would know the power of both light and darkness. Killian would at last know balance.

When her body became still, the demon lifted the rag, soaked with saliva from both angel and demon, and cast it to the floor. It had fulfilled it's purpose, after all. Hoisting her up onto his shoulder, the demon took one last look around, then invoked the flames of Hell, igniting the curtains and upholstery. Quickly the lit up the room, fueling the fire as it spread throughout the room, and eventually the rest of the home. He exited the premises with the girl in tow, and fled into the night.

Home for Killian was a small but function house on the other side of town. On the outside it seemed very normal: the yard was well kept, the house treated the same way, a single car garage attached to a rambler. There were flowers. There were trees. But if one entered the domicile and went down the stairs, they would find a much different story. The entire basement seemed to be designed for one thing: inflicting pain. This is where he placed Emmalynn, laying on a couch before turning back and locking down the house. The demonic runes placed on every portal should prevent her from escaping, should she manage to overpower him. He then pulled up a chair, sat down, and patiently waited for her to awaken.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 11:08 am

Inside the darkness, Emmalynn felt nothing but terror. Unending, unrelenting, inescapable. She was trapped, forced there by the demons toxin. Her Inner Light was of no use to her, for the darkness consumed every beam, every flicker. She couldn't see, feeling as though the blackness was pressing in on her, taking away the air she tried to breathe. Emmy was drowning.

The angel opened her eyes, gasping for air, her breathing labored, whole body trembling. She bolted upright, her unruly platinum locks falling over her shoulders shielding her face. It took a moment for her to realize she wasn't in her home and her face snapped to where she sensed the demon. Instinctively she pushed herself to the furthest end of the couch, pulling her legs to her chest. Oh how she wished she could melt into the fabric and disappear.

"Why are you doing this? What do you want from me?" She cried, fear clear in every syllable.

Emmalynn didn't understand why he wanted her so badly. She couldn't fathom any reason as to why he would go as far as kidnapping her, dragging her to who knew where. Tears brimmed her eyelids, but she refused to cry, trying to remain as strong as she could for as long as she could.. which wouldn't be much longer. She could only take so much before crumbling.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 11:09 am

Killian was completely and utterly calm in the face of a hysterical angel curled into a ball on the far end of the couch. He sat with his elbows on his knees, leaning forward with this hands locked together in front of his lips. His tail was curled around his right leg, the last few inches laid out on the floor. His eyes were locked on her with the red pupils focused on her own brilliant eyes, now glistening with tears.

"Well for the moment, I want you to calm down. You are acting like a child. Can I get you something? Coffee? Tea? Water? Something to eat, perhaps?" Dark energy swirled around his fingertips as he conjured a small tray of fruits and cold cuts.

"Obviously I didn't bring you here for a date, so I will get to the point. Your Grace, the very thing that makes you an angel. I need it. You have probably put it together that I took the Grace from others already. But they didn't have to die, and neither do you. This can be a very painless process, really. Unless you resist, then it becomes... Well we will just say interesting. But this doesn't have to be an unpleasant process. Maybe we could get to know each other a little before we get started. My name is Killian. What's yours?"

Killian's horns reflected the light of a nearby lamp as he awaited Emmalynn's response. Sometimes violence was the answer but that moment required tact and some measure of kindness. That, and his charm magic needed time to take its full affect.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 11:09 am

Shock. That's what she felt. Staring at him, Killian, she frowned. What was he playing at? He didn't honestly think she would willingly give him her Grace? And what was with this method? Why would he not just approach her like a normal person? Why did he have to be so violent? But, she answered her own question as she assessed him. He was a demon. He didn't think like she did, like a full human would.

"Emmalynn. My name is Emmalynn." She spoke softly, but did not shift her position, or even look at the food he manifested. She wanted nothing from him, and she was giving nothing to him. Especially not her Grace, she would not even consider giving him any piece of it.

As she started at him, his eyes locked on hers, she shuddered and averted her gaze. It made her feel uncomfortable, the way he was watching. Like he was waiting for something. Instead, she let her bright eyes wander across the room she was in, her uneasiness growing. This was not the place to have a proper discussion. There were indications all over the room, things that stuck out that told her if she did not give in and give up her Grace, this room was for inflicting pain. Torture.

"You should know, you should have assumed, I have no intention of giving you my Grace." She hesitated, knowing that she was denying him what he wanted. Demons were not known to take that information very well, and they were not known for their patience. "My Grace is who I am. You are a... demon. What use could you have for an angels Grace?"

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 11:50 am

"Emmalynn. Interesting name. Rolls beautifully off the tongue. It's a lot softer than Killian, anyway. But that's another issue." The young demon watched her eyes scan the room, almost frantically. Fear was good. Fear he could work with. In fear there could be an arrangement. An agreement. In anger, there was only one course, and it hadn't ended well for anyone but him up to that point. Killian maintained, in his mind, that their deaths were a necessary evil, and that they could have gone on living had they just cooperated. She would be no different, right?

"And you should know that I have no intention of using any of this... On you." Killian spun his finger around the room, then stood and meandered to every device he had ever used to extract information and Heavenly essence from other angels, touching them as if contact brought forth vivid memories. "... But I will, if you give me no choice."

"I'm going to be honest with you, Emmalynn..." Her name rolled off his tongue like warm honey off the edge of a knife. "I need what you have because I am tired of my situation. While you live in the light and bask in the glow of your father, I live in the shadow in fear of mine. You feel elation when you help others, and they come to you. Humans avoid me like the plague. I'm tired of... Of being alone. So, once I have enough Grace, I won't have to be alone anymore. Humans will accept me, and the other demons? Heh... What will they be able to do about me then? No more getting kicked around for being a Tiefling."

Killian turned his gaze to her, level and even despite the anger and resentment he felt in his core. His heart beat fiercely in his chest just thinking about the others, and how he would laugh at them as they cowered at his newfound power. "You have more than enough. I need your help, Emmalynn, just like the mortals that surround you." Dark, coercive magic laced his words, usually more than enough to trick any lesser being. But a child of Michael? That was to be seen.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 11:50 am

Emmalynn watched Killian with cautious eyes, not trusting herself to look away from him for even a moment. He was half, just like her. Only on his end, he got the short end of the stick. Because of his own twisted darkness humans feared him, the other demons shunning him for what he was. He wanted Grace to escape that. A familiar feeling of sorrow for his trials engulfed her, and she frowned her eyes shining with compassion.

Her clear blue eyes hazed over for a moment, but she shook it off, shuddering. Maybe, it couldn't hurt, to give him some of her Grace. Not all of it, of course, she needed it to continue helping people the way she did, but he shouldn't need to steal away her Light completely. Opening her mouth to tell him exactly that, she stopped. What was she thinking? She couldn't give her Essence to a Child of Darkness!

A sudden feeling of dread washed over her. She turned her eyes away from him, brushing her hair away from her face, trying to calm the rapid beating of her heart. What, on God's green Earth, would make her think it was okay to give even a sliver of her Grace to him? But, she had an overwhelming amount of Grace, more so than any other halfling she'd happened across, though that wasn't many.

Emmalynn swung her legs over the edge of the couch, turning to face him, unfurling herself. She folded her hands in her lap and stared at them for a long while before sighing softly. "I can't.. I can't give you all of my Grace, Killian.. not all of it, but..." the woman paused, catching her lower lip between her teeth. What was she saying? Why was she saying this?! "But, if it will help you... as long as you don't take it all..." she looked up at him, the meaning behind her sentence lingering in the air.

What was happening to her? She didn't want to give him her Grace...

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 11:51 am

There it was.

The right combination of words, the tone of voice, the sympathy, the body language… all of it was music to Killian’s ears. She seemed surprised at her own words, but it didn’t matter. She was the one saying them. Her willingness would make everything much easier from that point. Emmalynn’s compliance signified the sealing of the deal. Soon he would have his salvation, but he would have to be patient a little longer. Magic or none, if he dove in too quickly, he could spark enough apprehension to snap her out of the spell. Tact was still required. Careful maneuvering would be his weapon of choice.

With a look of surprise and gratitude in his eyes, he approached her slowly, his arms out to his sides slightly, with palms facing outward. Killian wanted to be as non-threatening and unassuming as possible, and to put on an air of humility. “Really? You’d… you’d do that for me? You understand? I wouldn’t take all of it, just enough to balance the darkness. There’s so much… but if you have enough to spare I would be so grateful.”

The young demon sat down on the floor, resting his back against the front of the couch, his eyes hidden by the mop of hair surrounding his horns. His voice was quiet and thoughtful, the emotion behind them real. He was indeed grateful for what she was willing to give up for him, even if it was under coercion. “You don’t know how much this means to me… I promise I will do what I can to make this as easy as possible.

Again his magic seeped invisibly from his body, similar to that of an incubus. It was a glamour charm, designed to make him more appealing, depending on the beholder. His features would be more perfect to her, his voice more enticing, even his scent would be more akin to a pheromone than anything else. It was all meant to bring her in, to give of herself willingly. Even if it didn’t work, she was willing to give at the most basic of levels, and that was enough. Soon…

Soon…

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 11:52 am

What was happening?

Emmalynn shifted her position slightly, on the couch. Half of her wanted to comfort him, to give him what he wanted, while her other half screamed at her that everything happening was wrong. Unfortunately, the former was getting stronger, over riding her urge to run. The longer Emmalynn watched Killian, the more he talked, the more uneasiness she felt. But even still, she found herself getting up off the couch moving to kneel in front of where the demon sat on the floor.

Being that close to him she saw that he was a lot different than she had assumed. He didn't look as frightening, he looked hurt. Like he needed her. How could she call herself an angel, if she denied someone who so obviously needed her help? That, and he was more attractive than she gave him credit for.
"I will help you." She spoke, a soft smile falling over her lips. "I will give you what you need to fight the darkness."

Emmalynn had to physically restrain herself from touching him, even though she felt like she had to. She was drawn to him and it wasn't because of his need for help, it was something else. Before she gave in to the urge to put her hands on him, she stood up abruptly and stepped back. Body trembling she clasped her hands together tightly. "How exactly do you, Uhm, take Grace?" She asked. She tried to hide the indecision in her tone, but it was quite obvious she was fighting herself.

What was happening to her?

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 11:52 am

As Emmalynn moved toward him, Killian felt his heart flutter and his stomach knot up. The world was only inches away by that point. He wasn't at all deterred or discouraged by her recoiling, but her question did pose an issue he had not thought of originally.

"Well... It's different for everyone. Normal angels could probably just... Will it too me. But someone with your kind of Grace... It would have to be something more... More intimate." Killian could be a talented actor when the right situation presented itself. He could just kill her and steal her Grace, but even if he succeeded in slaying her, his reward would be far smaller.

"See... When an innocent gives of themselves freely, it's easier to control how much Grace is given." He turned his gaze upward and as the glamour changed his eyes from their fear-instilling blackness to a pure white.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 11:53 am

At the word 'intimate' Emmalynn was ready to say no. She was ready to call off anything she had said to him, she could not get intimate with anyone. Not until she was married. It was a sin. But when his eyes changed, it caught her off guard and she hesitated, her own eyes locked on his. Again, she felt the overwhelming sensation that she needed to touch him, brush his hair away from his eyes, touch his face.. anything to be closer to him. Her body almost moved on its own as she stepped toward him, but stopped herself forcefully mere feet from him.

"Okay..." she muttered her porcelain cheeks tinged pink. Emmalynn felt as though she was no longer in control of her own body, or mind. She really didn't want to do this, she was scared, but for some reason her thoughts changed the second before words of protest left her mouth. Instead they became words of compliance.

Who was to say that Killian wasn't lying? He was a demon after all. He was probably deceiving het just to get what he wanted! But, then again, having taken Grace from other angels it could have affected him and was starting to make him change. The two sides of her battled, each giving a reason to do as it wished. In the end, the struggle subsided; the feeling of her fighting against herself only made her feel more sympathetic towards the man before her.

To still her trembling hands, and to stop herself from reaching toward Killian, she grasped the fabric of her white dress, curling her fingers in the soft folds. So many questions flew through her mind as she started at him, unable to tear her eyes away. As the part of her that protested got smaller, weaker, the part of her that wanted to give him anything he asked for grew stronger, more demanding. If she didn't get control of herself soon, she wasn't sure she could stop herself from wrapping her body around his. And that thought frightened her more than anything.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 11:53 am

Instinctively Killian reached out, taking her hands in his. He did not hold her still, but massaged the tops of her hands with his thumbs, the way a lover would hold the hands of their beloved. The act that they would undoubtedly participate in would be intimate and personal, but he wanted her to feel an emotional attachment to it. In all honesty, Killian himself believed that intimacy between two people was a beautiful thing, a sharing of souls, and a dance between two partners. It wasn't about the sex, it was about the vulnerability.

Many times before he had used sex to achieve his goals, but never in this instinct. He would obtain her Grace through pleasure and ecstasy, and when it was over, he would finally be whole. Gently he beckoned her to come closer, to knee down in front of him so they would be at eye level, where his magic could continue his work and his natural charm could woo her further into security.

"It's okay, I will take care of you. When this is over, you can return to your life and I will finally be able to begin mine. I'm sure God will forgive anything that is said and done here, for you give of yourself to save a wretched soul such as mine. Perhaps things will even be better for you, once this is all over."

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 11:54 am

The way he held her hands, gently in his own, made her heart jump. No one had ever held her so delicately, and she found herself once again complying to his wishes. Emmalynn knelt before him, her cheeks now flushed a bright red. What he suggested was incredibly personal, and being an innocent, doing this with him was making her understandably nervous. A point for him, though, when he mentioned that God would forgive her since she was ultimately doing it to save him.

Weakly, the rational side of her tried, once more, to convince her that it was all a lie, and she would end up with no Grace or worse, but she shoved those thoughts to the back of her mind and buried them. Looking at Killian now, she believed there was no way that he could ever do something like that to her. Not with how gentle and kind he was being. 'God will forgive me,' she thought to herself. 'I am helping to save someone in need. This is not out of lust...'

Killians words comforted her, in a weird sort of way. Of course helping someone always made her feel like she was needed, but he made her feel like she was wanted.

She liked being wanted.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 11:55 am

Emmalynn was still apprehensive, but it was clear that her rational side was losing the war. She knelt down in front of him, her hands still in Killian's, and stared into his eyes. Slowly, he leaned forward while releasing one of her perfect hands to bring up to her flawless cheek. Even a demon could admire her beauty; he almost felt bad for what he was about to do.

Bringing his face to her's, Killian stopped just short, to where their noses touches at the very tips. He didn't want to take those lips of her's, but want her to give them to him willingly. Everything had to be just right. The anticipation was almost killing him, however.

Once their lips touched, there would be no more resisting. Like an eagle with a sparrow in it's talons he would have her, and there would be no escape. His lips trembled as they waited to see if the angel would meet them or try to run.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danry Thu May 21, 2020 11:56 am

Emmalynn stared transfixed. There was something about the demon before her, something that was drawing her in, capturing her attention like no human ever did. Her eyes closed as his hand rested on her cheek, and she almost sighed, like a lovesick schoolgirl.

She opened her eyes halfway to find herself nose to nose with Killian. Her heartbeat increased, her breathing coming out in shallow gasps. She'd never kissed anyone before, never felt their soft lips on her own, never known that sensation. But, he didn't take her kiss. He was giving her the chance to back down, to bow out. And that's what made her close her eyes and press her lips firmly against his own.

As soon as their lips touched, her free hand, moved to the side of his face. The fear that he was using her vanished, completely drowned out, by the feel of his lips on hers. It was like nothing she'd ever felt before. It definitely wasn't like she imagined. It was hotter, more intense, and lit a fire deep in her soul.

Danry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum